Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

New to Overlanding but have been interested in it for a while. The biggest reason I didn't join before is now longer a reason... The other reason is I only have a 2008 PreRuuner Tacoma with the TRD Off-Road package. (My picture on my profile isn't my truck, but is basically what mine looks like. I'll snap a photo of it later.)
I wanted to know how much Overlanding is open to me and my PreRunner. I would like to outfit it for basic trails and if I decide this something I really like doing then trade in the PreRunner for a 4x4 Tacoma that I can transfer equipment over to the new one.
Welcome to the Overland Bound family... There is alot of information about the Overland life and adventures that you can enjoy. The website is full with all types of forums and discussions that cover a wide range of Topixs from Navigation,photography.meetups, downloadable Routes and just about anything you want to explore

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

Stone

Rank I

Contributor III

Welcome to the Overland Bound family... There is alot of information about the Overland life and adventures that you can enjoy. The website is full with all types of forums and discussions that cover a wide range of Topixs from Navigation,photography.meetups, downloadable Routes and just about anything you want to explore

Thanks Jimmy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Jordan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

New to Overlanding but have been interested in it for a while. The biggest reason I didn't join before is now longer a reason... The other reason is I only have a 2008 PreRuuner Tacoma with the TRD Off-Road package. (My picture on my profile isn't my truck, but is basically what mine looks like. I'll snap a photo of it later.)
I wanted to know how much Overlanding is open to me and my PreRunner. I would like to outfit it for basic trails and if I decide this something I really like doing then trade in the PreRunner for a 4x4 Tacoma that I can transfer equipment over to the new one.
Welcome to OB! Glad to have you with us along the journey!

Reactions: Jimmy Schantz

Robert Jordan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

Hi all,

Evan from the Bay Area, CA. Always been into backpacking and camping but looking forward to looking through the forums and expanding the adventures. Picked up a new Tacoma so also looking forward to seeing some builds and inspiration for my own. :grimacing:
Welcome to OB fellow NorCalian haha. I am up in Grass Valley north of Sacramento. If you are ever up this way hit me up.

Reactions: norcalXninja

Brian B

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello Brian,
I live in Tuscaloosa and fairly new to this also. There is a meet and greet planned for August 4th. If you are interested I can try to send you the info?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hello Brian,
I live in Tuscaloosa and fairly new to this also. There is a meet and greet planned for August 4th. If you are interested I can try to send you the info?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hey ibemarcus thanks for the heads up on the meet. I did see it in the meetups section and want to go but I bot sure about my schedule just yet.

Reactions: ibemarcus

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

Evan from the Bay Area, CA. Always been into backpacking and camping but looking forward to looking through the forums and expanding the adventures. Picked up a new Tacoma so also looking forward to seeing some builds and inspiration for my own. :grimacing:
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

walderse

Rank III

Influencer II

Hello to all.
My name is Jim Molloy and am obviously new to this forum. I am NOT new to Overland travel. That actually was inspired as I traveled with my parents and younger siblings in the 1960s and 70s. My first written resource came when I purchased a brand new book on the subject in 1975: John Gordon Steele's first edition of OVERLANDING: How to explore the world on four wheels.

Over the years, my choices of vehicles have varied from small two wheelers to large 6x6 and I have always leaned more toward the European rigs. I have had my share of both now vintage domestic (civilian and ex-military) and Asian products and all have served their purposes at the time. My latest project is the conversion of a 1975 Volvo TGB1314 6x6 ex-Swedish Army ambulance into a high mobility camper. More than a decade ago, I replaced the original (but severely damaged) Volvo B30A gasoline motor with a 1984 vintage Mercedes OM617A turbodiesel powerplant yielding greater torque, greater fuel economy, equal horsepower and an amazing 1,000 rpm higher redline over the stock unit. After the successful conversion, I let the truck go to a new owner who cared for it well. I few months ago, I brought it home again and reunited cab/6x6 chassis with its original ambulance box. Pictures of this truck and many other interesting items on our farm in NW Oregon will follow soon.

I will also be posting an announcement in another section of this forum for an event we host on our 100 acre farm each year. Northwest MogFest. The dates are August (we call it "Mogust" around here) 16th-19th and this will be our 19th annual event. Attached are links to a few of my favorite YouTube videos as an introduction.

I look forward to being active on this forum in the very near future.

Take care and safe travels.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon
http://www.northwestmogfest

Jooce

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA
Member #

Hey OB community! New member here from SoCal but currently in Texas on military deployment. I've got a 2015 Tacoma DCSB that I'm hoping to slowly build into more of a "go anywhere and explore safely with the family" type of a rig.

I've been following OB for a few years but never purchased a membership because I wasn't serious about building my truck at the time. I wish I had though because the member numbers have skyrocketed since then! Oh well...

I'm on TacomaWorld as well but TW's focus is much different than here, and I appreciate this community and its principles. Anyway, I'm just looking forward to getting some good information and being able to better tailor my setup to my needs. Hope to meet some of you soon!

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Hey OB community! New member here from SoCal but currently in Texas on military deployment. I've got a 2015 Tacoma DCSB that I'm hoping to slowly build into more of a "go anywhere and explore safely with the family" type of a rig.

I've been following OB for a few years but never purchased a membership because I wasn't serious about building my truck at the time. I wish I had though because the member numbers have skyrocketed since then! Oh well...

I'm on TacomaWorld as well but TW's focus is much different than here, and I appreciate this community and its principles. Anyway, I'm just looking forward to getting some good information and being able to better tailor my setup to my needs. Hope to meet some of you soon!
Firstly, thank you for your service. Secondly, welcome to Overland Bound! :D Former soldier here. Did 9 years in the infantry reserve in Canada. Cheers!

Reactions: Jooce

bengzil

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sacramento CA
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m in Sacramento. I’ve been looking into becoming a member for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger! I’m a novice when it comes to overlanding. Did the Mohave Road earlier this year in March,in my 99 Tacoma, and it was an amazing experience! I’m looking forward to many more trips in the near future.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I’m in Sacramento. I’ve been looking into becoming a member for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger! I’m a novice when it comes to overlanding. Did the Mohave Road earlier this year in March,in my 99 Tacoma, and it was an amazing experience! I’m looking forward to many more trips in the near future.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

Reactions: bengzil

Traveler I

Alabama
Hello everybody. Been lurking here a long time and finally decided to join up. I was amazed to find out that this car camping thing was a real thing. I’ve always dreamt of taking extended road trips to the wilderness and just “disappearing” for a few days or more and seeing anything I could. My wife and I recently decided to set our sights on incorporating over landing into our day to day lives.

We don’t have a vehicle yet (other than our daily drivers) and it will likely be some time before we do, but we’re already researching and planning short, medium, and long’ish trips to start taking some time in the next year or so.

Can’t wait to pick the brains of members here as we enter into this exciting journey we’re getting ready to take. It’ll take a ton of patience but we’re really hoping to be in a place where we can go go go once we pull the trigger for real.

I think the greatest thing about all of this is that we were both so in sync with this decision. We both agreed that we “need” this and it just couldn’t be better for our optimism and excitement for the future. We’ve got a lot of miles ahead of us and we can’t wait to get going.