Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Simi Valley, CA
Member #

1) Profile pic.
2) Location : Just outside of Los Angeles in Westlake Village/Simi Valley
3) Rig: 2018 GC Trailhawk V8 - mods coming
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Not a single overland trip under my belt yet but a decent amount of camping/fishing and beginner off-road experience. Looking to ramp this up and excited to meet others.

@Randy Gonzales - You may recognize my profile pic from Rowher. Ever head up there?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Profile pic.
2) Location : Just outside of Los Angeles in Westlake Village/Simi Valley
3) Rig: 2018 GC Trailhawk V8 - mods coming
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Not a single overland trip under my belt yet but a decent amount of camping/fishing and beginner off-road experience. Looking to ramp this up and excited to meet others.

@Randy Gonzales - You may recognize my profile pic from Rowher. Ever head up there?
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

sccsammy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello!!
Super excited to come across this site. I was looking for places to go off-roading/adventuring here in the North East. Not as easy to find as it is out west. But then I realized that you have to search specifically as to what type of offroading you would like to do. Rock crawling, Mudding, etc. I was not big into any of those.. I just wanted to take my truck and go exploring!! Lucky stumbled upon overlanding and it fit exactly what I was looking to do. A couple google searches later found this awesome site!

1) Working on profile pic with rig
2) Philadelphia, PA
3) 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD v6
4) None. But I do mountain bike a lot and bikepack so I figured why not do it with my truck...

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Hey all! I’ve discovered this site after recently purchasing my 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R. No overland experience, always been into one outdoor activity (hiking, camping, firearms) or another, and am looking forward to getting on some local trails and hopefully meeting up with some like-minded folks.

ETA: located just outside Atlanta, GA

Last edited:

Lee Johnson

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kelowna, Regional District of Central Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7LEJ
New member from BC, Canada!
1997 Lexus LX450 is my ride. Slowly getting it into reliable mechanical condition.
I have grown up camping and doing road trips, so some experience there. Combining those two for some Overlanding fun!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am looking but it appears the Simi Valley one has been done for a year and no current date on the Ventura County one. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
I had some contact with the person from the Simi and Ventura groups, currently nothing happening but I have several assistant ambassadors in SoCal who are helping meet-ups so hopefully we can give him a hand getting it going again.

dalleybrent

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

1) Will post pictures as we build it up a bit... currently getting a custom rack made to fit our needs.
2) Ontario, Canada
3) Stock 2018 ZR2, just picked it up a few weeks ago after our Mitsubishi died
4) We live in the country and to get to some kayaking, mountain bike, camping locations its handy to have something with 4 wheel drive. Would like to get further back off the beaten trail now that our kids are a bit older. Pretty novice at this point, been playing it safe with a few abandoned logging roads/trails that I found on satellite.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

-My wife and I currently live in southern San Diego, CA.
-The rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, stock except for the roof rack (for now).
-We are both new to overlanding, only having some experience from highway roadtrips and easy group trail rides with one of my previous Jeeps.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign