• HTML tutorial

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

New member here!

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon. I've done a few upgrades, Warn front bumper and wench, Ridged Industry Cube Spot lights, Barricade Rock Sliders, Kargo Master Pro roof rack,, Pioneer Stereo, and just recently purchased a Smittybilt rooftop tent. Looking forward to getting the Jeep out in the wild as it has been a few years... I have climbed 23 of the 14ers in Colorado with my son and a buddy of mine who now lives in Colorado Springs. I had an Xterra and a Pathfinder before the Jeep, both of which got us to the trailheads, but haven't got the jeep out in the wild yet...

View attachment 59129 I'm in Haltom City, Texas, just north of Fort Worth. Looking forward to meeting people and learning more about the overland adventure way!

Rick
Nice looking rig. Did you install the roof rack yourself? How well does the Smittybilt tent fit on it?

Reactions: Bradb55

motrix

Rank 0

Contributor I

SF Bay
Hello new member checking in:

Rig: 2014 Wrangler JKU Rubicon X
Experience: Lots of car/tent camping and just recently threw on a Gobi rack with a Tepui I just broke in a few weekends ago. Newbie to Overlanding

Lots of great info here and am learning so much and just started to build out a drawer system in the back with an ARB fridge.

Traveler I

Hi all
Brandon
Victoria, Texas
2015 4Runner Trail (KDSS)
Novice
Not new to the Outdoors and Exploration but new to vehicle dependents. Preeping, Research, Design, Fabercation, Machanics, Ingenuity, Self Sufficient, and Process Knowledge are my strong suits.
Overlanding for me took its initial spark after meeting someone that had a lot of the same traits as me. We bounced life experiences back and forward and became good friends and started building our vehicles.upload_2018-6-22_20-13-23.jpegupload_2018-6-22_20-14-23.jpegupload_2018-6-22_20-15-33.jpeg
Thanks everyone look forward to the threads.

RunningPirate

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belmont, CA
Member #

Hi OB!
My name is Tom. I have just acquired a 2018 Tacoma TRD OR. Looking forward to getting out on 4 wheels and exploring. I've been an avid motorbike tourer for the last 20 years. Been all over California, Nevada, Oregon but I'm new to 4wd. Looking forward to utilizing the resources on OB.

I live in Half Moon Bay, CA
Rig - 2018 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
Overlanding Experience/Background - Novice
View attachment 59350
Hi Tom - Greetings from the other side of the hill! Nice truck, you got there!

Preston Lyons

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Preston
Last Name
Lyons
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Welcome Preston! Denver and surrounds are a great place to be! I'm a Navy vet as well and miss the ocean, but overlanding satisfies the travel and adventure bug almost as well. I would be remiss if I didn't suggest checking out the area around Decker, CO, just a little southwest of Denver ;-)
Thanks for the advice Dave. Overlanding is a new hobby for me, and I can’t wait to get out there.

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hi all
Brandon
Victoria, Texas
2015 4Runner Trail (KDSS)
Novice
Not new to the Outdoors and Exploration but new to vehicle dependents. Preeping, Research, Design, Fabercation, Machanics, Ingenuity, Self Sufficient, and Process Knowledge are my strong suits.
Overlanding for me took its initial spark after meeting someone that had a lot of the same traits as me. We bounced life experiences back and forward and became good friends and started building our vehicles.View attachment 59508View attachment 59509View attachment 59511
Thanks everyone look forward to the threads.
Hello! Nice set up. Is that an AC unit I see under your rig in the first image? If so, how are you powering it?

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hi,
Rod from nw Tasmania,
89 navara, mostly stock ,,, autotecnica sports seats
2.5" straight through exhaust,
Intercooler,
2" lift going in asap, winter here beat me too it ,,
Usual items inside, 80 CH UHF, and older 40ch that stays on 40 for oncoming log trucks

Winch and steel bull bar added since pic was taken
Hi Rod! I love Tasmania. I got a chance to check out the area around the Southwest National Park and Eaglehawk Neck during a port-o-call in Hobart on the USS Carl Vinson in the late 90's. Wouldn't mind going back either!

Reactions: Aussie571

Dirty_Wookie

Rank III

Contributor III

Oakdale, ca
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Hello Ladies & Gents,

My name is Jose & I am from the 209 Central Valley in the great state of CA. I currently own a 16 Subaru Outback 3.6R “The Dirty Wookie” with a 2” Lift & 245/65/17 BFG K02’s. Yakima Load Warrior w/ Extension. New to Overlanding but always wanted to venture out & explore the many dirt roads out there.

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi,
Rod from nw Tasmania,
89 navara, mostly stock ,,, autotecnica sports seats
2.5" straight through exhaust,
Intercooler,
2" lift going in asap, winter here beat me too it ,,
Usual items inside, 80 CH UHF, and older 40ch that stays on 40 for oncoming log trucks

Winch and steel bull bar added since pic was taken
Welcome from Tamworth NSW!

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Craigoh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burlingame, CA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
King
Member #

Hello Everybody,
Craig from Burlingame, California.
Recently retired and ready for new adventures.
I've driven dirt roads for many years to go car camping and hiking, but just "upgraded" to a rig that's more capable off road: a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.
Just returned from a fantastic solo maiden voyage on Black Rock Road in the Sierras, near Wishon Reservoir.
I'm interested to join others in off-road adventures.
IMG_20180621_075909.jpg IMG_20180621_111309.jpg IMG_20180621_100157.jpg IMG_20180621_115054.jpg

FJPNW

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello to everyone in the Overland Bound Universe,

My name is Brian

1) No Pics yet
2) Location: Camas, WA
3) Rig: Current is a Toyota Tundra but built out FJ coming soon...
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I am new to this stuff, if you don't count all the years of travel and car camping with my family as a kid. Avid hiker and ex SAR team member, so I know the outdoors but getting up in age and to the point, where car travel and adventure is sounding better. Glad to find a spot for lots of information and help.....

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

Hello Everybody,
Craig from Burlingame, California.
Recently retired and ready for new adventures.
I've driven dirt roads for many years to go car camping and hiking, but just "upgraded" to a rig that's more capable off road: a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.
Just returned from a fantastic solo maiden voyage on Black Rock Road in the Sierras, near Wishon Reservoir.
I'm interested to join others in off-road adventures.
View attachment 59590 View attachment 59591 View attachment 59592 View attachment 59593
Great pictures!!!

TinTop Camper

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Overland Bound,
My name is Matt and I live in Long Beach.
Rig: 1987 Suzuki Samurai Tintop
Background: Novice in 4x4 driving, but frequent camper.
I’ve been an avid follower of the overlanding scene for several years now. My main passion is bouldering so this budget build’s POU (philosophy of use) was to enable me to camp on BLM land after a climbing sesh in Joshua Tree.

Attachments