Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Albert Jr

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello guys, the name is Albert and I’m one of the new members:
1. I will post a picture of my vehicle later.
2. I’m in the Clarksville, TN area.
3. I have a 2018, previously had a 2015, Toyota RAV4 That has taken us to many places. Currently saving up for a Tacoma OR.
4. No experience with overlanding, but plenty of experience of being in the outdoors and living in the vehicles (thanks to the army). I’m trying to get the basics to go out there on longer trips and camp out.

TN_Tacosupreme

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Springfield, TN
Member #

Hello all, new member #12856 here. Name is Allen and live in Springfield Tn. My truck is a 2014 Tacoma TRD Sport and pretty much at that happy balance of daily driver and off road capabilities. I find this addictive lifestyle can definitely allow you to tip the mod scale very easily seeing all the cool ideas out there. Enjoy putting trips together and have as much fun out having 2 or 3 rigs to 10-15 or sometimes wandering off for some solitude isn’t half bad either. Due to my work schedule I have very limited weekends and constantly thinking of our next adventure. Look forward to meeting likeminded people who enjoy the camaraderie and getting out there and exploring Gods beautiful gifts of nature...and respect it likewise.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

carlson_NE

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lincoln, NE 68516
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

Lincoln, Nebraska
2012 Jeep Wrangler JK unlimited. with 2.5" Rock Krawler lift sitting on 35" Goodyear Duratracs
I've been camping since I was little and have owned a jeep for over 25 years now. We love camping and offroad trails.

Last edited:

Hikerhayes

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New member here!

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon. I've done a few upgrades, Warn front bumper and wench, Ridged Industry Cube Spot lights, Barricade Rock Sliders, Kargo Master Pro roof rack,, Pioneer Stereo, and just recently purchased a Smittybilt rooftop tent. Looking forward to getting the Jeep out in the wild as it has been a few years... I have climbed 23 of the 14ers in Colorado with my son and a buddy of mine who now lives in Colorado Springs. I had an Xterra and a Pathfinder before the Jeep, both of which got us to the trailheads, but haven't got the jeep out in the wild yet...

20180618_143448.jpg I'm in Haltom City, Texas, just north of Fort Worth. Looking forward to meeting people and learning more about the overland adventure way!

Rick

ludvig

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Sandnes
Member #

Hi all
99 Pajero sport 2,5
New to overlanding, active otdoors all my life. Use my car for getting out to the nature. Love hiking, skiing, climbing, fishing, also laying in front of the campfire. Done search and rescue for 17years. Work as Rov pilot.

Nihil Obstat

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Watertown, NY
Member #

So, I’m a bit of a traveler. I’ve been a backcountry hiker for years, and overlanding is just a way for me to get further back into the country and give myself a bit of a base Camp when I need it. It’s also pretty useful for the road as I have driven from Alaska to Alabama and been to pretty much the four corners of the continent, as well as around the world (literally twice).

As of now, I am using a 2011 Wrangler I have modified for different things. I tend to use a modular design so I can add and delete as necessary. The wife also has a 2017 four door I am hoping she’ll let me start working on soon.

B2A0C0A9-ABC9-47C8-9F26-A944EE2D3F57.jpeg

Dtrow1992

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone. Names Devon I am from southeast Missouri. I’ve got a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Just started doing things to it. Putting lift on Monday and some bolt on stuff. Want to build an awning to mount to the basket that’s actually what brought me to this page. Found what looks to be an awesome build for not much money. Hope to learn some new things and see other fun stuff and upgrades I can do to the WK
Got lift on today, it’s just a 2” and now painting wheels until I feel like spending the extra cash on new wheels but starting to look good!

Attachments

Ronnie Davidson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Jersey Village, TX, USA
Member #

Hello everybody! New to over-landing, spent my youth in the woods and on the water, since becoming an "adult" I have been city bound. Trying to reconnect and discovered over-landing... man My heart sung out for it.
Rig: 2018 colorado ZR2, smittybilt RTT, the smalls stuff as well.
First small entry level trip is this July to Colorado, as long as things are safe, if not i will do a week or so here in Texas or New Mexico.

shveet

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hamilton Ontario
First Name
Jan
Last Name
Kulesza
Member #

Hello!
Growing up as a kid, i loved seeing the Forests heading up to camp after multi-hour drives and it's still wonderful to see now.
though the city and office life has been taking a toll on me, so overlanding seems like a perfect escape since i too enjoy working on vehicles.

Currently Picked up a new 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road, it might be over kill but it's a daily work truck, and intend to use it on some travels in the future, The Taco is also my first vehicle - at least registered to my name.

I'm from Hamilton area, around the Southern tip of Ontario, Canada.

In terms of Overlanding; it would be novice, as i do not know 4WD or ATV trails, but with some experience else where. I've done my fair share of canoe portages, bike trips, and hiked nearly every trail in Algonquin (Western Upland has bested me) so the out doors is where I should be. In terms of vehicle based travels - Done a few 9 hour drives down to New Jersey and Chicago and 5+hour drives are normal for me to do without any issue. Had the Tacoma for a month and put 4200 kms on it, I'm a traveler.

Attachments

Ghost Rider

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pennsylvania
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3GSF
Hello Everyone,
......where to start? I've been an Overlander before I knew 'overlanding' was a real word. I've lived in New Mexico, Colorado, California ...... and a few other States that don't offer near as much 'play ground'. I live in Pennsylvania right now. ;( very, very little public land.

Ghost Rider

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pennsylvania
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3GSF
(Continued from above)
I drive a '77 FJ40 that I have owned for 20+ years, a '17 Jeep Wrangler, and a Chevy diesel PU. All are very capable OL vehicles. My favorite is the FJ ..... simply because it is 'old school' ..... like me. If you want to learn about cars and how to make them run, then buy one of these old rigs. Your tool collection will start to grow exponentially.
I make long trips every year .... usualy through Vermont, to pick up beer, then to Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Colorado. I wait till the Fall, when everyone else has to go back to school or work. I camp, terrorize trout, and sample local brews wherever I can. I have just about given up on getting old friends to meet up with me. They are all in when the plan starts.....and they all back out when it's time to play.
I am thinking this year, I might see if any other OB members along the trail might want to meet up. It would be a gold mine of local info.
OK, I'm done for now. I am going to surf the threads.

KYZJ

Rank 0

Traveler I

Rig: 1995 jeep zj/2.5 inch lift/31"mt's/rear aussie locker/ ( Work in progress)
Experience: New to overlanding but have been backpacking and hiking for nearly 25 years

Hello everyone. We are looking to meet new people in the KY/TN/IN/WV/VA/OH area for fun. We have a 5 year old daughter and try to get out locally every weekend.

Wildabout

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Conyers, GA
First Name
David
Last Name
Nash
Member #

Hello from Atlanta, GA!

I've been into the outdoors since I was a young man; backpacking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, climbing, etc. I decided to have my first child at 50, so I'm having to rethink how I approach the outdoors, so have been "car camping" with my 4-yr-old, but am looking forward to moving into overlanding.

I've always had 4x4s, starting with the first car I paid for, a 1984 Subaru station wagon. My current rig is a 2004 Land Rover Discovery with 2" lift, steel bumpers, Baja rack, and waiting to be installed; dual battery system, winch, rock sliders, more aux. LED lights, relocate wiper reservoir, and install sPod system. My daily driver is a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel.

I'm hoping to meet other folks here in the Southeast and spend some time in the woods reverse-washing the Disco!

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello from Atlanta, GA!

I've been into the outdoors since I was a young man; backpacking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, climbing, etc. I decided to have my first child at 50, so I'm having to rethink how I approach the outdoors, so have been "car camping" with my 4-yr-old, but am looking forward to moving into overlanding.

I've always had 4x4s, starting with the first car I paid for, a 1984 Subaru station wagon. My current rig is a 2004 Land Rover Discovery with 2" lift, steel bumpers, Baja rack, and waiting to be installed; dual battery system, winch, rock sliders, more aux. LED lights, relocate wiper reservoir, and install sPod system. My daily driver is a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel.

I'm hoping to meet other folks here in the Southeast and spend some time in the woods reverse-washing the Disco!

Ha! Im new to overlanding myself. Currently trying to acquire the minimal gear and outfit my truck for fall trips. I’m planning to go to overland expo east in November and then running the Georgia travers the week after with some other overland bound members.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello everyone! We just bought a 2011 Fj and are in need of some advice on well everything overland..... The first thing we are looking to do is roof rack and a tent then suspension and tires. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.
There are a lot of good FJ Instagram accounts. Just build what you need and want. Don’t worry so much about what everybody else thinks you should get. I have discovered a lot of products/info on Instagram and then research those products myself. I don’t have any experience with FJs but should be an awesome trail rig. Good luck!

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello!
Growing up as a kid, i loved seeing the Forests heading up to camp after multi-hour drives and it's still wonderful to see now.
though the city and office life has been taking a toll on me, so overlanding seems like a perfect escape since i too enjoy working on vehicles.

Currently Picked up a new 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road, it might be over kill but it's a daily work truck, and intend to use it on some travels in the future, The Taco is also my first vehicle - at least registered to my name.

I'm from Hamilton area, around the Southern tip of Ontario, Canada.

In terms of Overlanding; it would be novice, as i do not know 4WD or ATV trails, but with some experience else where. I've done my fair share of canoe portages, bike trips, and hiked nearly every trail in Algonquin (Western Upland has bested me) so the out doors is where I should be. In terms of vehicle based travels - Done a few 9 hour drives down to New Jersey and Chicago and 5+hour drives are normal for me to do without any issue. Had the Tacoma for a month and put 4200 kms on it, I'm a traveler.
Nice truck!! [emoji1360][emoji1360]