Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here. As of yet seems like a great community. Anybody in Northern Nevada feel free to hit me up. J

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Welcome to Overland Bound! The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.

kylemiller08

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boaz, AL
Good afternoon

I am a 28 year old IT analyst in North Alabama and just purchased my membership. My 2004 tacoma double cab will be done with the first round of updates and ready for a short trip in the next couple of weeks. I will attach a picture of it stock for now. Will upload more as I complete the rig. My first vehicle was a 1993 ford bronco that went out in a blaze of glory..literally. I loved that truck but decided I needed something more reliable after that and went for an economy vehicle. After several other vehicles between then and now I am back in a 4x4 and love it. It is cheap enough that I can mod it without breaking the bank and still use it as my DD for now. My first round of mods include belstein 5100's, OME 880's, and a add a leaf in the rear. I have 16" method NV 305 in bronze and still contemplating on what tire I am going to pickup. The lift will be going on this week and then I will gauge what tire will be the most practical for me. REALLY REALLY wanting the KM3's but for a DD it might not be a smart choice, next option is the ridge grappler. Open to suggestions via PM. I am not great at responding on threads especially if it gets a lot of replies. I just get busy and forget. Being an IT guy I am of course interested in technology that can compensate for my lack of experience and make the experience more enjoyable. I am also always looking for a deal on equipment for my gen 1 tacoma so if you see any deals feel free to pass it my way.

Thanks,

Kyle

Attachments

C&C Tallman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Forest Lake, MN, USA
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Tallman
Member #

Hello, Clay and Charity. We are currently in South Korea which really limits overlanding. Originally from MN/WI
Our experience is moderate I guess. We've done a fair amount of trail driving with camping thrown in but didn't think to call it anything other than camping. We have a 1/2 ton 2011 Chevy Silverado crew.
Found out about OB on youtube when I was researching overlanding options for a trip we were taking to Australia and NZ...ahh the rabbit holes of the internet.
Looking forward to returning to the States.20180526_060738.jpg

Bernel Nery

Rank 0

Contributor I

LONG BEACH CALIFORNIA
Member #

Hi My name is Bernel Nery, I'm from Long Beach California , I'm a novice in Overlanding and I decided to get in Overland Bound because my childhood experience in West Africa . My Rig is a Land Rover LR3 2006, and it has been a great rig so far and I'm working on it hopefully to get it at least Overlanding ready. I grew up travelling with my parents in remote areas of West Africa when I was younger like 10-16 years old and that experience inspired towards Overlanding here in the USA.

CUCVDRIVER

Rank 0

Contributor II

1) Hi I'm Kevin. I'm 30y married with 3 kids. Family is my life!!! I'm an Active duty US Marine (0311/0369 - infantry platoon sergeant ) since 2006, Deployed to Afghanistan 3 times now. I am currently stationed at Camp Lejeune Nc. I am also a Ham Radio operator since 2003, KB1KBT. I am involved with Onslow County Amateur Radio Club and Onslow County Amateur Radio Emergency service,https://www.facebook.com/pages/Onslow-Amateur-Radio-Club/200128850009662, I am a Vol. Fire Fighter at Bear Creek Vol Fire Dept. I also like to reload and shoot my firearms.
2.) My RIG is a 1985 M1009 CUCV

3.) My Overlanding experience is pretty intensive. I do it as a job as a marine either on foot or in a tactical vehicle from back woods of training areas on base or around the globe like Afghanistan and living next to my truck for 6 months every where I stopped.

I enjoy the outdoors and meeting new people , working as a team and sharing experience. I am not expert nor am I perfect. I just like to enjoy life! My moto is "Do what you like, Like what you do, Life is good"
Me!;

Thanks, I hope to hit some trails soon.
SEMPER FI!

Nick F

Rank I

Contributor III

Louisiana
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Ford
Service Branch
Army
Hello from Louisiana! Have been camping and riding trails since as long as I can remember. Just bought my first Jeep last year and have been doing more playing on the rocks than anything else. But my son is getting older and we both enjoy camping and hiking especially up in the ozarks and I’m looking to get back to it.

‘13 Jeep Wrangler

Attachments

Nolafly17

Rank 0

Traveler I

New member currently living in Baton Rouge. I retired last year, sold my home and went full time in a 5th wheel. I am now debating on downsizing to a full time overland rig but don't want to make any hasty decisions until I can complete my research. I have decided to wait 6 months before investing the money as well as finish paying off my credit and make sure I know what I'm getting myself into as this rig would be my full time home. I hope to learn a lot from all of you and welcome any advice anyone can provide starting with the proper rig to purchase...

Nolafly17

Rank 0

Traveler I

To add some details so I don't sound like a complete idiot not knowing what I'm getting into (lol), I am single with 2 large dogs traveling with me. I grew up as a kid in Alaska and spent the last 5 years living in Puerto Rico before moving to Baton Rouge last year to finish my Geography degree at LSU. I am well traveled as a retired Coast Guard Aviator with previous positions as a Firefighter, Emergency Management Planner, Law Enforcement , Search and Rescue and an Aircraft Mechanic. I feel completely confident from a safety standpoint to venture into full time overlanding but have zero experience in off-road travel. What I am looking for in choosing the right vehicle is something that will carry my toys [10' fishing kayak, mountain bike, hiking, hunting, fishing gear, two pets and full time living gear (food, 4 seasons clothing, safety equipment, electronics, etc)]. and still be able to travel down that remote trail. I would think I would need a 3/4 ton 4x4 truck with a diesel engine but then there is the size and weight issues. Trying to find that happy medium as this will be a long term experience... I'm leaning toward an overland trailer with a smaller truck...any thoughts? Maybe I should repost this in a new forum haha

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

What’s going on y’all? I’m Kyle and I’m from Mobile, Al

My Rig/Daily is a 2001 Jeep TJ

I’d say I’m a beginner “Overlander” but am experienced outdoorsman/ camper. Can’t wait to hit the road and trails! Hope to see and meet great people along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hello @Kyle Phillips . I just saw you today in Mobile. My name is Charles. It's great to see another OB member here in town. We need to hit some trails together.

Reactions: Nina P

Joseph Ilmberger

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

My name is Joe and i just recently signed up. I have a couple rigs but my primary offroad rig is a 1985 Toyota 4runner. It has a 5" lift and it rides on 35" BFG mud terrains. the interior was completely stripped out and I have been slowly putting it back together.

My second rig is a 1982 Toyota SR5 pickup full frame off restoration that is going to be featured in this years (2018) SEMA show in Vegas.

I have been into outdoors pretty much all my life from camper trailers at Lake Berryessa, to boy scouts, tent camping with my friends and hunting, fishing, offroading, etc.

I am looking forward to being a part of this community and meeting lots of new people.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Joe and i just recently signed up. I have a couple rigs but my primary offroad rig is a 1985 Toyota 4runner. It has a 5" lift and it rides on 35" BFG mud terrains. the interior was completely stripped out and I have been slowly putting it back together.

My second rig is a 1982 Toyota SR5 pickup full frame off restoration that is going to be featured in this years (2018) SEMA show in Vegas.

I have been into outdoors pretty much all my life from camper trailers at Lake Berryessa, to boy scouts, tent camping with my friends and hunting, fishing, offroading, etc.

I am looking forward to being a part of this community and meeting lots of new people.
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: Joseph Ilmberger

WutHoLeChit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mustang OK
Member #

Hey guys, I’m andy. Going to purchase a 2000 LX470 tomorrow, couldn’t be more excited. I’ll post pics and videos as I start building things!

Rig: tomorrow I’ll be purchasing a 2000 model LX470.
Location: Oklahoma. But I do a lot of travel for work, so lots of time in Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, the dakotas.
Experience: Novice. Never had a dedicated rig. I’ve thrown a tent in the truck and found a field for my entire life. Longest I’ve lived in a tent (deployment to Afghanistan excluded) is 2 months. Lifelong avid outdoorsman and passionate conservationalist. Professional Mechanic, obsessive vehicle modifier.

GeoPete

Rank I

Contributor III

229EE327-4600-41D2-AE6F-38FB3441E9D3.jpeg Hi!

I’m Geoff. Located in Calgary AB, CAN. I run an 09 Tacoma. I’ve had it for about 5.5 years now. Was really into building it the first couple years, then life got in the way. Haha but the itch to get back into it has gotten pretty big so this summer it starts again. Seems a little late with 288,000 km on her but it’s a Toyota; should be good for another 300,000 more kilometers.