• HTML tutorial

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

trail up3.jpg
Welcome, If you like cleaning up after others when camping then AZ is the place for you. lol. If you want 4 seasons and beautiful country then UT is for you. AZ has a lot of careless campers & appliance trash shooters that ruin the desert for everyone else. Good luck with your choice as both states have a vast outdoors to play in.
Utah has ..... Shhhhhh don't tell everyone! a lot of great overland places to run and camp with fantastic Fishing, Mountain Bike trails all in 1 hour or less travel time to be way out in great over night or longer get away spots.
I been here 10 years and never camped in a "pay camp ground" yet, however there are lots of them that are excellent just not for me and very rare have I run across really trashed locations except for places that you can drive any car into.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
1. Long Beach, CA......But grew up in New Jersey and lived in Iowa for 5 years.

2. 2017 Toyota 4Runner and 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser. The 4Runner was just purchased because the Land Cruiser's motor went down due to a big mistake by the mechanic. Once this is fixed it will either go up for sale or be built up. I was able to find a nearly new 4Runner that was in the process of being built and purchased it from a private party(thank you Trevor). I will keep the build going but I am grateful of the good start and a I did a few things off the bat.
3. Novice to overlanding, but have been offroading either by motorcycle or 4 wheels since a young kid. Love to camp, we plan to keep getting our kids into the wilderness and experience exploration. Adventure is a part of my life. Both professionally and personally I strive to embrace the unknown and step into it.

I am looking forward to this site being able to help guide me with questions and be a part of the community. Being that I live in Southern California I want to be able to get my family out into locations near and far from here. I hear of the places that are in the area, but I don't know where to start. I am going to go for it and reach out here for some help when needed. I want to thank the founders and the community that keeps up this site and for providing a place for people like myself to start. I can easily align with the principles that this community follows.

-Ryan View attachment 54644
Hello from the IE and welcome to OB!!! Check out Rally Point for up coming meet-ups near you. There is one in Irvine coming up really soon. See ya there or out on the trail!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi, Matt here.

1. Santa Ana, CA

2. 2004 4Runner pretty much stock. Looking to turn it into a convenient adventure mobile. Nothing serious, just the roof rack (possibly with a tent in the future), maybe some drawers in the cargo area. I own the 4Runner for a couple of month and it opens so many new roads...starting to realize how dumb was I with my ex stanced out Civic. I literally couldn't drive normally with my buddies on the back seat and some stuff in the trunk.
Hello from the IE and welcome to OB!!! Check out Rally Point for up coming meet-ups near you. There is one in Irvine coming up really soon. See ya there or out on the trail!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi Everybody!

Glad to be here, just went out on a trip this weekend with many fine Overland Bound members. Looking forward to participating in more runs and meeting more great folks.

I'm located in Reno, NV
Currently I have a 1973 Wagoneer that I have been improving for years.
Not a ton of experience at off grid vehicle camping, but plenty of camping, wheeling, backpacking, exploring experience.
View attachment 54668
I am loving this and really want to pick one up to work on soon myself.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
View attachment 54748 View attachment 54749 Location: El Centro Ca
Rig: 2003 Toyota Tacoma-M416 trailer to carry gear
Experience: Newbie- Just getting started

I will continue to post pictures as my rig comes together.
Hello from the IE and welcome to OB!!! Check out Rally Point for up coming meet-ups near you. See ya out on the trail!

Alex777

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Flagstaff
Member #

Hey All!

New overlander over here, novice to the overlanding part but not camping and backcountry experience. From the the Flagstaff area, but move around frequently for work so I would like to chose my new locations based on the overlanding available. My rig is 2017 Ford F-150 XL 3.5L. Would love advice on what all-terrain tires to select as well as beginner vehicle gear.

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

New member, but long time follower. I am currently just outside Middleburg Florida, but originally hail from the West coast, mostly Alaska. I am an outdoor enthusiast no matter they type, although not really a follower of team sports. Fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, ATVs, 4X4s, archery, and shooting all make my top list. I am the father of 4 and enjoy getting my kids outside with me, even if they sometimes begrudge me for it... My rig is a 2010 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. Currently I am in the process of replacing the rear axle seals, but man do I have some plans for this rig!

Reactions: Aussie571

EarthlingJim

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Colorado
First Name
JimShanonn
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Hello from Colorado. New to the board, but I get directed here from time to time by the google, so I figured I might join.

I've been doing vehicle based adventures for several years now. That all started with a klr650, then to a lifted Forester to include my wife and the dog and finally to what we adventure in these days... A Tacoma with a rtt. I build luxury expedition vehicles at work as a fabricator/welder. Not sure what I'm looking to get out of signing up here, but we'll see where it goes.

Jim

Attachments

TahoeTraveler

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tahoe
First Name
Alex
Last Name
G
Hello from Colorado. New to the board, but I get directed here from time to time by the google, so I figured I might join.

I've been doing vehicle based adventures for several years now. That all started with a klr650, then to a lifted Forester to include my wife and the dog and finally to what we adventure in these days... A Tacoma with a rtt. I build luxury expedition vehicles at work as a fabricator/welder. Not sure what I'm looking to get out of signing up here, but we'll see where it goes.

Jim
Fabricator/welder you say? Sounds like some of us might get more out of you signing up here then you signing up here haha welcome and nice rig. I’m new to the site as well and have a trip planned to Golden CO NEXT summer for a wedding. Going to caravan out with a buddy who has a newer Tacoma and hit some trails along the way. Maybe we will cross paths one of these days.

Reactions: EarthlingJim

Gert-Jan

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Netherlands
First Name
Myfirstname
Last Name
mylastname
Member #

Hi from a new member from the Netherlands,

been travelling around a huge amount of km's on motorbikes for many many years, but now driving myself around in a 1972 Land Rover Series 3 88" Lightweight/Air Portable for a few years and finally able to really start travelling with it.

Foto's below are from the LRCH (Land Rover Club Holland) Easter weekend in Germany, great weekend and first time with this setup

IMG_3989.jpeg

IMG_3988.jpeg

Last edited:

The_Roverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Colorado Springs
Member #

Greetings everyone!
My names Ryan and I live in Colorado Springs, CO.
I currently drive a 2010 Land Rover Discovery LR4. My overlanding experience is next to none, although I do have experience in general camping, mountain biking, etc.
I’m hoping to find some fellow members in the Colorado area to meet up with and learn the ropes!

04373D9C-FBA4-4849-8A03-5A16D1827D84.jpeg
B26D4C8C-2F09-4623-9A9E-4F83EB0FCC36.jpeg

Reactions: Aussie571

Kris Luna

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

South Pasadena,California
Member #

6375E005-27E4-4C50-AA45-2E8255F8B4D5.png Hello everyone

Looking forward to being a part of a growing family. I grew up camping in Northern California and now I’m blessed to pass that along. I’m a father of 4 that just love being outside
Rig: 2004 Toyota Tundra double cab 4x4
Running strong at 230,000
We have a tree covered spot in the back hill if anyone needs a rest

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

View attachment 54875 Hello everyone

Looking forward to being a part of a growing family. I grew up camping in Northern California and now I’m blessed to pass that along. I’m a father of 4 that just love being outside
Rig: 2004 Toyota Tundra double cab 4x4
Running strong at 230,000
We have a tree covered spot in the back hill if anyone needs a rest
Nice! love that Tundra the wheels look great- I have a 2007 year one 100 percent stock for towing a boat and I thought I would get into the truck camper thing however it is just not for over landing so I may let the truck camper go and stay with the Roof top system that lets me get into more trouble.

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

Hi from a new member from the Netherlands,

been travelling around a huge amount of km's on motorbikes for many many years, but now driving myself around in a 1972 Land Rover Series 3 88" Lightweight/Air Portable for a few years and finally able to really start travelling with it.

Foto's below are from the LRCH (Land Rover Club Holland) Easter weekend in Germany, great weekend and first time with this setup

View attachment 54873

View attachment 54874
oh man what a beautiful rig that light weigh Rover is. wanted one but never see them around here in good shape and if there is one in good shape for sale the price is way above the actual value again nice Land Rover!

Reactions: JR86

Kris Luna

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

South Pasadena,California
Member #

Nice! love that Tundra the wheels look great- I have a 2007 year one 100 percent stock for towing a boat and I thought I would get into the truck camper thing however it is just not for over landing so I may let the truck camper go and stay with the Roof top system that lets me get into more trouble.
Thanks Will I Am she has already given us so many fun trips slowly setting her up but everything has to be removable just picked up a contractors rack to put a diy tent on top it’s fun

Hey everyone, new to the overland community. I am in South Florida, but get up to the mountain regularly to escape. Just bought a new 2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL and came across overland trailers trying to find something to pull behind the Jeep. After joining this board and looking into the overland lifestyle, I am hooked and now looking to build my own camping trailer. I am very big into the outdoors (camping, hiking, rafting, snowboarding, scuba diving) but new to overland camping. Hoping to get to meet some good people as well as learn all I can on this subject.

Reactions: Liana Lehua