Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Stone Johnny Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Williston, ND
Member #

Greeting from the frozen North Dakota country. This is the first 4Runner I’ve owned, but not new to Toyota. I have 3 tundras. We are brand new to this overlanding and have been getting real into it. Now we have a 4Runner we have purchased a Turtleback and will be hitting the roads and trails this summer. Definitely new and learning lots. Advice is welcome. Thanks everyone

Ahoward2k

Rank VI

Advocate I

Helena, Alabama, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI5FK
Service Branch
Army retired

Hey everyone, I'm Andrew
I live on the north side of Fort Worth, Texas
My rig is a bone stock 06 Chevy avalanche z71 with some brand new all terrains.
I am a complete beginner in overland. I've got some experience off road from the military and and have camped a little since I was a kid. Looking forward to get to know everyone.

trail medik

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

26 US Route 20, Caldwell, Idaho 83605, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Allison
Member #

Hey everyone. My name's Brian I'm down in SETX area. I'm new to overlandng and not very experienced off roader in general. i love camping and hiking and found overlanding as a result of those loves. I have a 2014 tacoma trd offroad still stock but plan to upgrade as I need to.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 54026 Name: Chris
Serial Num...no, wait. Let me start over. Old habits die hard.

Name: Chris S.
Current Rig: 2017 T4R Off-Road
Mods: 3” OME w/Icon UCAs; 275 BFG KO2s; C4 Fab Sliders.
Overland Exp: beginner w/ training wheels
Why Overlanding?: Why not?!? Outdoors. Camping. Quiet. Campfires. Remote. Exploring our country. Quality time with my son. And using our rig for what it was intended.
Chris, Welcome from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. FYI you have a couple of meet-ups in your area that you might want to check them out.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/
Sacramento weekly meet-up on Wednesday nights. They are on the meet-up page.

Once again welcome!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: Pat
Current Rig: ‘03 Ford Excursion v10. 6” lift on 35 Toyo Opens. Kind of big, but it makes a good family battle wagon.

I’ve been doing this my whole life, overlanding that is... Kind of new to computers, especially forums. Stumbeld across this site reasearching a trailer build I am pondering.
Welcome Pat from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. FYI you have a meet-up in your area that you might want to check out.
Sacramento Weekly Meet-up. you can find them on the forum meet-up page. Great group of people.

Once again welcome!

Reactions: Jon M

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everbody,

My name is Derek and I'm new to overlanding. I've been a avid camper and backpacker my whole life. I finally got a capable rig to get my deeper into the mountains to go backpacking and hunting and I'm stoked! I'm from Auburn, California and bought my dream truck. It's a 2015 Tacoma Trd Offroad with a revtek 3" lift with 265/70R16.
Welcome Derek from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. FYI you have a couple of meet-ups in your area that you might want to check them out.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/
Sacramento weekly meet-up on Wednesday nights. They are on the meet-up page.

Once again welcome!

18TaCOB

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Castro Valley, CA
Member #

Hi all, my name’s Conor and I’m driving a 2018 Tacoma Off-road in the East Bay of San Francisco. I’m I life-long camper and backpacker just getting into the world of off-road exploration. I’ve been following OB and it’s members on social media, and am finally getting involved myself. I hope to see you all at the meet-ups, and on the trails!

Acole4x4

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Vallejo Ca
Member #

Hey There Everybody! Long time fan of OB, new time member. My name is Andrew, I live in Northern California in Vallejo. I'm a long time off roader and overlander, and currently have 2 rigs:

-2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 12,000lb winch 35" BFG KO2's

-1993 M925A2 6x6 Cummins with Allison tranny and 20,000lb PTO winch front 50" Michelin XZL's

The 6x6 is a new addition to the family, and still putting it through it's paces, so far, I haven't found anyplace this thing won't go!

IMG_6489.jpg IMG_6500.jpg IMG_6526.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey There Everybody! Long time fan of OB, new time member. My name is Andrew, I live in Northern California in Vallejo. I'm a long time off roader and overlander, and currently have 2 rigs:

-2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 12,000lb winch 35" BFG KO2's

-1993 M925A2 6x6 Cummins with Allison tranny and 20,000lb PTO winch front 50" Michelin XZL's

The 6x6 is a new addition to the family, and still putting it through it's paces, so far, I haven't found anyplace this thing won't go!

View attachment 54334 View attachment 54337 View attachment 54338
Welcome Andrew from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders! You have a great meet-up close to you the Sacramento weekly meet-up can be found on the forum meet up page if your interested.

Once again Welcome.

Reactions: Acole4x4

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Aaron, new as well and in Spokane wa, new as in this is my first post, lol, I also did some local mud bogging as well. I got a 97 Cherokee. Hopefully I'll see you on the trails.
Paul welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders! You have an interesting meet-up in your area that is currently on line you should check them out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-northwest-conference-call-04-15-2018.13703/
Once again welcome.

K9Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Coconino County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Hugh and Nikki
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hello Everyone, We are Nikki and Hugh (AKA K9Overland). Our home base is our 2017 JKU (3rd overland vehicle) and we have been overlanding for quite some time. We are currently in NH but are heading out to the southwest (Utah/AZ) to find a new place to call home base and open up a dog training/boarding facility as well as teaching some survival courses. We have a beautiful Shepherd/Wolf mix (Lily) who goes with us everywhere. We do a lot of hiking so we tend to have a more minimalist style of overlanding. We are a zero impact style of overlander and always leave our sights better than we found them. We have a habit of cleaning dirty campsites we see so our biggest problem tends to be where to store all the exes trash we pick up until we can dump it. Pleasure to meet everyone and we look forward to meeting new friends and contributing to the community here. Oh and here is our HOME!

Attachments

Hakansf1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord California
First Name
Hakan
Last Name
Akgul
Member #

Hakan From Concord California
2013 FJ Cruiser TT. Icon Stage1 fronts with Icon Over-landing springs in the back. 32 Gal Long range Replacement fuel tank. Baja Rack with SB RTT. Rotopax fuel cans. ARB drawer system. Damello front Bumper with TJM winch. Knock off snorkel... She is "almost" done.

Novice Overlanding Experience Background compared to many here, but we love getting out and enjoying the outdoors. Mostly local spots. Looking forward to meeting people and learning more about planning trips.
2.png