Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Hi my name is Christian, I'm from Long Island, NY.

Ive always loved nature and the outdoors but haven't had much exposure to it as I live in a metropolitan area. I recently got a 2015 Wrangler JKU Sport and I think overlanding is a perfect opportunity to explore this passion. I am new to off roading and this type of adventure but can't wait to start the journey and learn the skills needed to create my own rig

Traveler I

Hello from Queens, NYC.

Name here is Sidney. After 2 years of doing some beach fishing on the shores on Long Island, we decided to trade in our 2011 Rav4 V6 for a 2017 4Runner Limited. The Rav4 was capable, but what a difference when it comes to driving on sand.

We didn't plan to limit our outings to shore fishing, so we started looking into off-road trails and camping. After several months of searching on-line, sadly there isn't much being offered in the NYC/Long Island area. And this is why we are here on this forum today. With the help of this forum, we are hoping we learn about any local adventures. I don't plan to do any insane rock crawling, but looking forward to drive off the common path to explorer and enjoy what nature has to offer.

And when I say we, I am referring to myself, wife and the two kids (5 and 7 years old). So any info on family gatherings is much welcomed.

Thanks.

-Sidney
I am in the same boat (figuratively) LI has nothing :/

Aaron Niemi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Niemi
Member #

Hey Yall!
New member from Washington State (Spokane specifically).
I grew up around mud bogs and 4WD but just got into myself. I've got a 2015 Taco TRD. I'll post some pics later!
I'm looking forward to getting on the trails with some of you!
-Aaron

Sandbox714

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fenton,mi
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Lund
Member #

Hello from Breezy and Mike Location: Michigan
2008 Silverado is our current rig nothing special. We are rookies to this lifestyle. We grew up camping and enjoying the out doors as most Michiganders do. We are excited to get out more and more.
Hello from right around the corner in the great state of Michigan and welcome.

Bishopfamily overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pennsylvania
Member #

Hello everyone I'm new to all this forum stuff, but I'm ready for adventure and learning as I go. We currently have a 2014 jeep Cherokee trailhawk that I'm outfitting to take and support us wherever we can think of going, and we are just about ready to start this summer of on the right path!

Attachments

CavGeek

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ. 85027
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Reiner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6ZWC
Service Branch
U.S.Army
20180317_173403.jpg

2) Location: Phoenix, AZ. USA
3) Rig: 2014 Toyota Tacoma DCSB 4X4
4) Overlanding Experience Background :Been 4 wheeling and camping For years, but still new to Overlanding. So far we have just been out on some day trips on easier local trails to get out for some adventure, but we definitely want to work up to longer adventures on more challenging trails. Been really enjoying the videos Michael and Corrie put on YouTube and this just seems like a pretty positive and laid back community.

Mountianbill

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Gardnerville NV
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Biggs Jr
Member #

Hi I'm Bill
I'm from Northern Nevada just on the back side of Lake Tahoe.
I was raised at the lake and have been in the mountains all of my life.
Love driving my Jeep and spending time on the trails, camping and exploring.
Looking forward to doing more Overlanding !!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Bill
I'm from Northern Nevada just on the back side of Lake Tahoe.
I was raised at the lake and have been in the mountains all of my life.
Love driving my Jeep and spending time on the trails, camping and exploring.
Looking forward to doing more Overlanding !!!
Welcome from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB meet-up! You might already know this but there is a meet-up in your area check it out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-monthly-meet-up-04-25-2018.14023/

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

andrew.rezz

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

What's up everyone, my name is Andrew and I'm a new member from SoCal.
I'm located in Ontario, CA but originally from Rancho Santa Margarita. If you are from the OC/IE, I'm always down for some weekend trail runs!
I'm driving a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4.
Only about 1.5 years of overlanding experience. Hoping to learn more from this community and local overlanders.
I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys!
IMG_2631.JPG IMG_2633.JPG

shawnebell

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Big Bear Lake, CA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Service Branch
Civil Air Patrol
Not sure if I ever posted on this thread. So ... here goes!

Member No: 6462
Location: Big Bear Lake ... or Newport Beach ... or some waypoint in So. Cal.
Rig(s): A whole bunch of Jeeps, with my trusty daily 2012 Wrangler JK leading the pack (and usually the one that runs the best)
Overlanding Experience: Novice. ALWAYS novice; it gives me plausible deniability.
Pic of rig:
JoshuaTreeJeep.jpg

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
What's up everyone, my name is Andrew and I'm a new member from SoCal.
I'm located in Ontario, CA but originally from Rancho Santa Margarita. If you are from the OC/IE, I'm always down for some weekend trail runs!
I'm driving a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4.
Only about 1.5 years of overlanding experience. Hoping to learn more from this community and local overlanders.
I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys!
View attachment 52917 View attachment 52918
Hi Andrew! Nice rig ya got there! Nice to have you aboard. :)

Darren C Kern

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ridgeway, VA, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Kern
Member #

Hi all, Darren from central NC. This is my new-to-me '05 Xterra SE 4x4. It is my daily and I have a long commute, so I'm not gonna go too crazy, but definitely plan on some nice upgrades. First may be a Shrockworks rear bumper with tire carrier, since my bumper and hitch are rusty. New leaf packs, shocks, springs, etc, and most likely 265/70 R17 all terrain tires (that's the size I'm leaning toward). I am an avid bass fisherman and love camping and everything outdoors.

IMG_7417.jpg

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

NDAMurphy

Rank 0

Traveler I

US
Hello! Murf here, and ive been building a 2013 Frontier for a year or so now, but I've been an avid forum stalker! Thought it was time to finally say hello!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
Greetings from north Idaho!
I guess the best camping trips I can recall were Overlanding! I am very excited to be here and look forward to getting to know you all.
I drive a 2002 Ford Explorer V8, which has a Rancho adjustable suspension, BTF uniball custom upper control arms, BFG K02 tires, Rigid 40" bar, and various other goodies. I also have recently acquired my avatar, a 1967 International 1200 (3/4 ton) 4x4. This will take some work! I grew up in Montana, and have done some wilderness outfitting with horses and rafts. I have also spent a lot of time driving the rugged back roads and trails of the pacific northwest. I'm married and have a 6yr old son, a 2yr old daughter, and a Shiba Inu dog named Tigger; we love overlanding together and look forward to meeting other families on the trail.