Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Ortega Jon

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lake Elsinore, CA
Member #

Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB meet-up! there are several meet-up groups on S0Cal/Inland Empire just check the meet up page and the calendar. Great place to meet fellow Overlanders.

Attachments wouldn't work for me.
Thanks, Just re-uploaded Pics. Once I receive my member number I will join the FB groups. Cheers!

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Greetings, New Member here! I am glad to be here.

Location- Southern California- Orange County/Inland Empire
Offroad/Overland Experience- Intermediate To Advanced
Here to meet like minded Friends and share Adventures :-)

Current Rigs:

The "Yeti"- 1976 Jeep CJ7, 6 inch lift on ProComp Extreme MT2 35's, V8-304 with T-18 trans, Locked Front and Rear, 4.10 ratio, dual fuel (Gas and Propane) - Built!- Not Bought!- Full recovery Gear.
View attachment 52414
(Kramer Arch near Calico, CA)

The "Beast"- 2003 Ford Excursion with 2 inch lift on Toyo Open Country AT 35's, 6.0L Diesel 4x4, Bulletproofed with Evolution CTS2 Programmer, Full Time Overland/Camping/Tow Rig- Wildland Hard Shell RTT , Dometic 65l Fridge, Solar with separate house batteries, 36 Fresh Gal water storage with Tankless Hot Water, Kitchen, Outdoor Shower and Portable Toilet, Full Recovery Gear - Built! Not Bought!
View attachment 52415
(Zions National Park, UT)

I do all my own stunts! :-)

These are older pictures, I will update soon. Cheers!!
Welcome.... I like to see how you house a 36 gallon water tank for your travels. Hope you start a build thread.

wentian zhou

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Jose, CA
Member #

rig: 2013 jeep JKU with GOBI roof rack. lol
Experience: no overlanding experience.

I wish I can learn from the forum and hung out with new friends.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
rig: 2013 jeep JKU with GOBI roof rack. lol
Experience: no overlanding experience.

I wish I can learn from the forum and hung out with new friends.
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB meet-up! You have a really good meet-up in your area just check the meet-up page and calendar for details.

pooleus

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all!

My name is Josh Poole from Auburn, AL! I've followed OB for a few years now and decided that it was finally time to quit lurking and join. I would consider my wife and I experienced, but still "intermediate" level overlanders. My rig is 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a 2.5 in lift and 35 in tires with almost all work self-done. We sleep mostly in the Jeep, in a tent, or in a hammock (rtt's just aren't our thing) while on our travels in the wild. I'm a geologist, so any excuse to get out into nature and be outdoors is welcome! I look forward to sharing in the awesome adventure with you all!

I have attached some pics of my rig below.

IMG_8027-converted.jpg An overlook in Canyonlands NP

IMG_0114.CR2.jpg Flexing in Auburn, AL (front sway bar links still connected)

IMG_20171215_192504_491.jpg A snowday adventure near Sky Valley, GA

IMG_8725.CR2.jpg
A mud puddle on 600-2 in Talladega NF with Alabama Overland

Chilombiano13

Rank 0

Traveler I

Dallas
Rig: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Experience: none

Hi everyone! I've been a browsing OB for a few months. After my Audi A4 got totaled I decided to get this little fun 4WD. Looking forward to learning new things and meeting some of you on the trails!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Inthelongrass

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lillington, NC
Member #

I have creeped on the forum for the better part of 2 months and with spring getting into full swing I decided to get a truck and get out and try something new. Already spend enough time outdoors, but off-road and self sufficient is a new approach for me.
I don't currently have a picture of my rig, but as of now its a stock '18 Chevy Colorado z71. I want to take it out a few times before I dive in and make changes to the suspension, adding other items, etc. I am in Lillington, NC, but i do travel to Missouri once or twice a year. Currently a novice in overlanding.

JeepsterPete

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Pierre
Last Name
Dubois
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3HWK
New member. Glad to be joining this community.
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
Not much yet. Starting to outfit my vehicle.

2) Location : Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada....so I guess will be meeting up in the Northeast US to start off with.

3) Rig: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK. Nothing much in it yet. Small lift (2.5) to start getting out there. Ordered KC lights, off road bumper with winch. Checking out different outfits for overlanding.

4) Overlanding Experience Background : Beginner

Attachments

Woodcutter

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
H

Phil Bensley

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Murrumbateman NSW Australia
Member #

New member here. my names Phil and im glad to have found this site

My Location : Murrumbateman NSW Australia ( small country town 30km outside Australia's capital city Canberra)

My Rig:2004 Holden rodeo 3l turbo diesel ( rebaged isuzu dmax pickup) 2in lift 32in tyres bull bar, 12000lb winch, 2 x 2oow light bars,hard tub cover, side awning, dual battery's to run the engel fridge

My Overlanding Experience Background : couple of times a month im out either camping,fishing or hunting or a combination of all 3

NSAdv

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Nova Scotia, Canada
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Eaton
Member #

Hi All! The name is Joshua and I've excited to be here. I'm getting a new lease (hopefully) on life on April 5th so I thought this would be great

Rig: Pending success on the 5th.

Experience: I've traveled the world but never overlanding.

Jeremy Mullins

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fullerton, CA
Member #

3F0A1A53-1FB4-41AC-A330-9B34C4B35D51.jpeg
Hello Everyone, my name is Jeremy (from Orange County, CA) and I’ve been Overlanding now for four months. Picked up my 2018 T4R back at the end of November with the goal of a great daily and a capable off-roader. Check and check. As you can see my truck is bone stock and will remain that way (for the most part) until I own it and not the bank. My Overland experience is minimal as I’ve mostly done quick turnaround trips to Big Bear. But back on Super Bowl weekend we tackled the Mojave Trail over 3 days and 2 nights. It was an epic start to this addiction.

TOYOTA

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Orange County, CA
Member #

Hello everyone. Long time listener, first time caller...

Scott
Orange County, CA
Formerly 1994 Land Cruiser (OME, 285 Durstracs, front/rear bumpers)
Currently 2007 GX470 - Stock for now

How in the world are my initials taken as a username but TOYOTA wasn't?!?!??! Hahaha!

Reactions: Sanman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB meet-up group. You have several meet-up groups in your area just check the forum meet-up page and calendar. And your user name will start quite the conversation.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Long time listener, first time caller...

Scott
Orange County, CA
Formerly 1994 Land Cruiser (OME, 285 Durstracs, front/rear bumpers)
Currently 2007 GX470 - Stock for now

How in the world are my initials taken as a username but TOYOTA wasn't?!?!??! Hahaha!
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB meet-up group. You have several meet-up groups in your area just check the forum meet-up page and calendar. And your user name will start quite the conversation.

DacoRoman

Rank I

Enthusiast I

USA
Hello Everyone!

I am exploring getting into Overlanding...well I definitely want to do it, but it is a work in progress, early work :D

I am currently in North Georgia, but will likely move to the Tucson area next year and I'm super excited about doing some Overland trips in AZ, Utah, Colorado, etc. etc.

In the meantime I want to work on my rig and set up.

I want to keep the truck as stock and lightweight as possible with very few mods so I don't have to upgrade the suspension, and eventually just get a trailer.

Here's my 4runner

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello everyone.. I’m new to this group. I have always enjoyed camping and outdoor activities. I find myself looking for adventures and people with like interests. I joined to this groups in hopes of connecting with people and finding places to get away from traditional campgrounds. I’m a novice for sure.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding