Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello fellow overlanders, been creeping for a while on overlanding forums and finally picked up a truck a couple months back. I live in the Bay Area in California and am looking to get out and do some 'splorin'. I have a stock 100 series LC, and will slowly add accoutrements as the funds trickle to the point that I have enough to blow on a goody - father of two in the Bay Area, yeah I'm broke. Anyway, I like the fact that this forum is small and tight-knit. From my experience, it keeps things humble and people accountable.

A) Palo Alto, CA
B) 1999 Lexus LX470
C) I drive over speed bumps from time to time, but would like tackle bigger things in the future
View attachment 2877
Welcome to the forum. And yes, we've been fortunate to have a courteous and supportive group of people on here. But I'm confident as the forum continues to grow, the moderators will strive to keep this an inviting forum for everyone.

Reactions: IronPercheron

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
View attachment 2878 Hello Everyone.

I've been watching the Overland Bound YouTube videos for quite some time now. I do a regular trip to Moab every year. Love off roading but would love to start over landing.

Here's my rig. It's a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Welcome. And awesome rig. If you have the time, please start a build thread. I'm always looking for inspiration for my humble rig.

Reactions: Homeguy

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Welcome to the forum. And yes, we've been fortunate to have a courteous and supportive group of people on here. But I'm confident as the forum continues to grow, the moderators will strive to keep this an inviting forum for everyone.
Yes, very solid group of folk here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

N0RSE

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

NC, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Colbert
View attachment 2878 Hello Everyone.

I've been watching the Overland Bound YouTube videos for quite some time now. I do a regular trip to Moab every year. Love off roading but would love to start over landing.

Here's my rig. It's a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
She's purddy, how do you like that stubby ARB?

spixelz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Forest Grove, Oregon
Member #

Hello everyone,

I've been following Overland Bound via various outlets, youtube, instagram, etc. I figured it was finally time I signed up and get my own Overland bound badge! I ordered mine today!

My 2015 Tacoma and I are currently located out of Portland, Oregon. I have done a variety of trips local to the PDX area, and am ready to start branching out to much longer extended trips. I consider myself a experienced Overlander. Ready for the next big challenge!

Pazuzu1991

Rank IV

Advocate II

Hello everyone,

I've been following Overland Bound via various outlets, youtube, instagram, etc. I figured it was finally time I signed up and get my own Overland bound badge! I ordered mine today!

My 2015 Tacoma and I are currently located out of Portland, Oregon. I have done a variety of trips local to the PDX area, and am ready to start branching out to much longer extended trips. I consider myself a experienced Overlander. Ready for the next big challenge!

AWWWW it's a mini me! LoL nice taco and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: spixelz

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi Jesse, and welcome to the Overland Bound forum! I really like the James Baroud RTT. That would be ideal for someone traveling alone. I just added you on Instagram to follow your exploring. We were in your area last fall, and definitely want to return.

Welcome aboard,
Steve

Reactions: spixelz

spixelz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Forest Grove, Oregon
Member #

Hi Jesse, and welcome to the Overland Bound forum! I really like the James Baroud RTT. That would be ideal for someone traveling alone. I just added you on Instagram to follow your exploring. We were in your area last fall, and definitely want to return.

Welcome aboard,
Steve
Thanks Steve! I added you on instagram as well.

I am really enjoying the James Baroud, It sleeps 2 perfectly. Smaller sleeping area then my CVT, but it is a big upgrade in all other forms.

Reactions: Steve

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful rig.

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Hello everyone,

QUOTE]

Great looking Taco! Welcome to the group!

Reactions: NorthStar96

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
She's stock for now and get's me from point A to B.
I love those V8 4 runners, you know someday they'll be spoken of like the Car in MadMax, "Last of the V8 Interceptors!!" :)

Hi everyone, just joined from the SW Florida area. My daughter is turning 4 in a week, and we've slowly started overlanding and doing some camping. planning on going to Lodestar Toyota Jambo in May.
My vehicle is a 2014 FJ cruiser and I tow a modified '66 M416 with CVT tent with me.

Man Overlanding with the kids has been one of the most rewarding things I've done as a Father. We love to explore, see new things, meet new folks, and expand our personal horizons. We dig the buggy too.

Last edited:

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I don't know why they stopped making the 4Runner's with the V8. I believe 2008 was the last year you're able to get them in.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I don't know why they stopped making the 4Runner's with the V8. I believe 2008 was the last year you're able to get them in.
I know why, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you... [emoji6] just kidding.

Emissions and CAFE, just two little "words" that dominate our industry.
Enjoy that rare beast. And if you ever want to sell it, i call first dibs.
Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I know why, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you... [emoji6] just kidding.

Emissions and CAFE, just two little "words" that dominate our industry.
Enjoy that rare beast. And if you ever want to sell it, i call first dibs.
Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.
Hahaha! You'll have to wait @fj80toyman. I have two friends that want it, and occasionally I get asked at gas stations if I'd like to sell it.

Reactions: RiverCityDave