Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 46285 Hi I’m a Sodog or Kelly and Gooseberry on the other forums but seeing how she has passed Sodog is the copilot now.

2000 Ford E350 RB Sportsmobile with a 7.3 oil burner.
I’m in Covina and really use the van for what it’s intended use.

Member 5579
Hi Sodog and welcome to OB! Nice looking E350! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Sodog

Mixednuts59

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg, Manitoba
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Bragnalo
Member #

Hi how’s it going, I am new here and just picked up my membership today. I live in Southern Manitoba. I got into Overlanding last year after I became obsessed with the Xoverland Crew and their adventures! Wanted to create adventures of my own. I owned a 2010 4Runner Trail for 8 years and just recently traded her in for a big upgrade! Planning a few summer camping trips and then Plan for Yukon 2020! Let the modifications begin.

Pics to be upload soon, but check out my Instagram below.

Instagram @Mixednuts59

Thanks
Mixednuts59

CatPowerDude

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord, NC
Member #

Hi,
Found the forum googling ”overlanding scandinavia”, you seem to have a subsection for the nordics.
I’m into outdoor sports, Land Rovers and sailing (which is a much more accessible way of ”overlanding” here) with the family. Looking into possibilities for overlanding in Finland and Scandinavia.

Rigs
’82 Land Rover S3 109 Stage One V8 (looong project)
’86 Land Rover 110 tdi 200 (engine conversion under way)
’02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
’14 Land Rover Freelander 2 (my wifes, it’s great!)
Location, Southern Finland
Ugh why can’t you love states side with all those wonderful land rovers!

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

Hi how’s it going, I am new here and just picked up my membership today. I live in Southern Manitoba. I got into Overlanding last year after I became obsessed with the Xoverland Crew and their adventures! Wanted to create adventures of my own. I owned a 2010 4Runner Trail for 8 years and just recently traded her in for a big upgrade! Planning a few summer camping trips and then Plan for Yukon 2020! Let the modifications begin.

Instagram @Mixednuts59

Thanks
Mixednuts59
Welcome to OB!!! I too am new here and I am actually picking up our new "overland rig" in just a few hours!!! Congrats on your new vehicle!!!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Instagram @Mixednuts59

Thanks
Mixednuts59
Hi Mixednuts59 and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Mixednuts59

Dozer38

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Laguna Niguel, CA
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
jeep3.jpg

Dozer38

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Laguna Niguel, CA
Member #

Hi, My Name is Larry. My rig is a 1997 Jeep TJ. I have been Overlanding for about a year but still consider myself a novice. I like exploring the desert and Baja. I am looking forward to exploring and meeting the members here. Member #9538

Jose Losoya

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

Hi, My Name is Larry. My rig is a 1997 Jeep TJ. I have been Overlanding for about a year but still consider myself a novice. I like exploring the desert and Baja. I am looking forward to exploring and meeting the members here. Member #9538
I am also a couple days new, welcome to OB!! this is a great community!

Sent from my N9560 using OB Talk mobile app

Danny Outlaw

Rank 0

Traveler I

Excited to be here and learn as much as possible. I don't know anything about overlanding and even less about the mechanics of a truck.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
See bottom of post for pics

2) Location (General area is fine)
Woodstock, GA

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
17 Tacoma TRD Off Road. All stock right now. Trying to figure out what to do first.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
I have never overlanded before, but I have tons of backcountry camping and backpacking experience. I used to be a white water rafting guide on the Ocoee river and used to race sled dogs in Alaska.