Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hello All......
Name : Steve
Rig: 1997 Chevy Tahoe , 2 Door, 4x4, 6.5 Turbo Diesel OEM ( rare combo )
2001 Toyota Tundra 4.7, Double cab, 4x4
Past Rigs: CJ5, 304 V8, 3 speed ...... wish I still had that Rig !!
Jeep Wrangler...... good Rig but not as fun as my CJ5!
Overland Experience: Not much.....newbie! Looking forward to getting out there!
Hi and welcome! That Tahoe sounds pretty nice. Didn't even know they made a diesel Tahoe. How do you like it?

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hi all. I'm Chris, I drive a '79 CJ5. I'm from NE Kansas. Definitely on the small size for overland. But I was looking for something simple to eventually teach the kids how to wrench and drive. In the mean while (kids are little), I'm looking to hone my overland skills.
Welcome to OB. What a wonderful lifetime of memories you'll be building with your little ones. Looks like you have a natural already.

Koebes

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Paulding, OH 45879, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3OTL
Hi and welcome! That Tahoe sounds pretty nice. Didn't even know they made a diesel Tahoe. How do you like it?
Hey Greg....
I love the Tahoe. It definitely gets a lot of attention because it has the diesel. People don't believe me when i tell them that its OEM.... but luckily i have the original window sticker with the optional diesel engine. It has plenty of power and is pretty maneuverable for a full sized SUV.
I can't wait to take it overlanding this spring/ early summer to MOAB. Its been a dream of mine to go there to 4x4 and camp!

Dude47

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Everybody!

I am located in the High Desert are of California. I have been into off roading for a while now. I have a 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 that I built into a rock crawler as well as a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 that I am building into my Overland Rig/daily driver. I haven't done much overlanding yet but I would love to meet some people to go out with.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hi Everybody!

I am located in the High Desert are of California. I have been into off roading for a while now. I have a 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 that I built into a rock crawler as well as a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 that I am building into my Overland Rig/daily driver. I haven't done much overlanding yet but I would love to meet some people to go out with.
Hi and welcome from the high desert of New Mexico! You have a couple of very nice rigs. Looking forward to seeing you post some pictures of each when you get a chance. Have fun and hopefully see you around.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hey Greg....
I love the Tahoe. It definitely gets a lot of attention because it has the diesel. People don't believe me when i tell them that its OEM.... but luckily i have the original window sticker with the optional diesel engine. It has plenty of power and is pretty maneuverable for a full sized SUV.
I can't wait to take it overlanding this spring/ early summer to MOAB. Its been a dream of mine to go there to 4x4 and camp!
I'm assuming that's a 3/4 ton Tahoe then? Was that a custom order or something? I wonder how many they made ....

I hope you make it to MOAB. There's a thread for Rig Photos. Hopefully you'll get a chance to post some of the Tahoe.

Reactions: Koebes

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
Rig: 2014 JKU
Experience: Jeep owner for 14 years.

My name is Renay. I've owned a Jeep for the past 14 yrs. The hardest trip I ever had was completing the Rubicon Trail 5 yrs ago with a local club. After 4 yrs of owning my current Jeep, I finally was able to put a bit of money into her. A goal is to take a cross country Jeep trip while I still have my eyesight and can climb into my Jeep. I used to just want to do day trips but I am starting to want to travel solely by Jeep.

IMG_1808.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Burque Outbound

RSWiser

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Provo, Utah
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Wiseman
Member #

Introduction of New Member.
I am Rob and I have a highly modified 99 Jeep Cherokee.
Haven't don't any overlanding in many years but I am looking forward to giving it a go.
This forum looks to have the info I need to help me along.

I live in Utah so there is plenty to explore.

Rob

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

Rig: 2014 JKU
Experience: Jeep owner for 14 years.

I've owned a Jeep for the past 14 yrs. The hardest trip I ever had was completing the Rubicon Trail 5 yrs ago with a local club. After 4 yrs of owning my current Jeep, I finally was able to put a bit of money into her. A goal is to take a cross country Jeep trip while I still have my eyesight and can climb into my Jeep. I use to just want to do day trips but I am starting to want to travel solely by Jeep.

View attachment 46212
Good looking rig... keep us updated on the cross country trip.

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
Thanks Will. I don't know how to plan an overland trip. I am trying to find a small group to go on a couple of times. I have year to get this right since I invited my cousin and her husband to meet me in the middle with their JKU. They live in TX so I need to have a trip mapped out. I was thinking Colorado or Utah. They live in the Houston area and I in So Cal so we both have to drive over 1,000 miles. Any suggestions are welcome. On Jeep coming from CA, the other from TX, where should we meet?

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
If you can wait til May. Meet at the Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, Arizona then head to Moab.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app
I failed to mention that I just talked to her yesterday so I figured 2019 is the trip. I need a year to regear and upgrade my front axle so the next year is spent working OT

Fjforles

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Leslie
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

Scott Slade

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alberta
Member #

Hello Gang. I'm very happy to be here. Been overlanding since we used to call it "vanning". Lol. Along came family and station wagons. While working in California and Nevada I fell in love with the desert and off road adventure. Now the kids are grown, it's time to get back to the Mojave/Moab area and explore.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello All......
Name : Steve
Rig: 1997 Chevy Tahoe , 2 Door, 4x4, 6.5 Turbo Diesel OEM ( rare combo )
2001 Toyota Tundra 4.7, Double cab, 4x4
Past Rigs: CJ5, 304 V8, 3 speed ...... wish I still had that Rig !!
Jeep Wrangler...... good Rig but not as fun as my CJ5!
Overland Experience: Not much.....newbie! Looking forward to getting out there!
Hi Steve and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tahoe! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all. I'm Chris, I drive a '79 CJ5. I'm from NE Kansas. Definitely on the small size for overland. But I was looking for something simple to eventually teach the kids how to wrench and drive. In the mean while (kids are little), I'm looking to hone my overland skills.
Hi Chris and welcome to OB! Nice look Cj5! Your son already looks comfortable in it! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Dom Viccari

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello,

My name is Dom. I drive a 1999 Jeep TJ Sport. Currently it is not set up for overland adventures but is in the research phase and soon will be adding parts and equipment required to meet my needs. I am an avid outdoorsman and have done a good amount of off the grid camping and exploration, however its all been hiking based. excited to take those skills and reach into the world of over landing. My jeep is currently all stock with the exception of the wheels and tires. mbQYbTgHQn28CxQTcKa6xw.jpg