• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Folks!

I'm very new to the concept of Overlanding but no stranger to partaking nature. I've purchased my first truck about 6 months ago and have been building it out primarily for camping but I think the shoe fits!

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
Will post pictures when I figure out how to link them here.
2) Location (General area is fine)
St. Louis Missouri
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2017 Toyota Tacoma.
Space Trailer. Will post photos soon.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here
Next to none.
Hi ShyTRex and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jeroen Hof

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi everyone,

We are just new in the US, we just settled in at Morristown, from the Netherlands for a couple of years. We love the overland travelling in Europe! We are: Domique my wive, 2 daughters and myself.
We have seen a lot of the beautiful spots in Scotland, Norway, Iceland, the UK, Sweden but also Canada. Most of the travelling we did with our Land Rover 110, build in 1986 but with some modifications :-). Now we are ready to explore the US. We would like to share our experiences with you.

In a couple of weeks our other transportation for here will be ready: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Trailhawk. We would like to travel around with a small 4x4 trailer, with our rooftent on top of it.
Thanks for having us and I am looking forward to some of the gatherings!
Jeroen

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone,

We are just new in the US, we just settled in at Morristown, from the Netherlands for a couple of years. We love the overland travelling in Europe! We are: Domique my wive, 2 daughters and myself.
We have seen a lot of the beautiful spots in Scotland, Norway, Iceland, the UK, Sweden but also Canada. Most of the travelling we did with our Land Rover 110, build in 1986 but with some modifications :-). Now we are ready to explore the US. We would like to share our experiences with you.

In a couple of weeks our other transportation for here will be ready: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Trailhawk. We would like to travel around with a small 4x4 trailer, with our rooftent on top of it.
Thanks for having us and I am looking forward to some of the gatherings!
Jeroen
Hi Jeroen and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Jeroen Hof

Mikelax20

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salida,CO
Member #

Hi and welcome!

Beautiful place you live in, with lots of places to get off the beaten path. Looking forward to seeing some of the places you've been.
Thank you for the welcome. I also am looking forward to getting out more and exploring, and sharing some of those experiences with the community here at OB!

VE6HRY

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Calgary
First Name
Harry
Last Name
Maylor
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE6HRY
Hello.

Lets see the basics I guess.
I am located in Calgary AB Canada
I drive a 1997 Toyota 4Runner which is modified a bit.
I have been wheeling for a couple of decades now.

Thanks to the North West Overland Rally I discovered that what I like to do has a name and that's Overlanding Most of my Overlanding has been in western Canada but the past year I discovered the back country of North Eastern Washington. I will be attending NWOR again this summer so perhaps I will meet a few of you in person.

Ridge Runner Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rockwood, Tennessee
Member #

80E53BEC-509F-465F-B243-06CBA0B3601B.jpeg Hey everyone!

My name is, Caleb. I’m new to overlanding personally and I’m excited to continue my adventure building my rig and exploring with my wife and two kids. I have already been living vicariously through my brother who operates Lifestyle Overland and it’s honestly because of him that I decided to take the plunge into the overlanding community itself.

Looking forward to our interactions!

Rig: 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium
Experience: Novice

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello.

Lets see the basics I guess.
I am located in Calgary AB Canada
I drive a 1997 Toyota 4Runner which is modified a bit.
I have been wheeling for a couple of decades now.

Thanks to the North West Overland Rally I discovered that what I like to do has a name and that's Overlanding Most of my Overlanding has been in western Canada but the past year I discovered the back country of North Eastern Washington. I will be attending NWOR again this summer so perhaps I will meet a few of you in person.
Hi VE6HRY and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 46509 Hey everyone!

My name is, Caleb. I’m new to overlanding personally and I’m excited to continue my adventure building my rig and exploring with my wife and two kids. I have already been living vicariously through my brother who operates Lifestyle Overland and it’s honestly because of him that I decided to take the plunge into the overlanding community itself.

Looking forward to our interactions!

Rig: 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium
Experience: Novice
HI Caleb and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Ovrland4me

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bangor, Maine
Member #

Hey everyone!

My name is Chris and I just became a member of this fabulous group. Member #10514. I’m From Bangor Maine and relatively new to Overlanding. My last trip was from Maine to Moab Utah with my 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU which I built up with a 2.5” TeraFlex lift. 456 gears. Arb front and rear lockers, dual arb compressor. 10,000 lb water proof winch with synthetic line, 35” Tires. Aev wheels and arb front and rear bumpers. Even though it was nice rig I sold it and purchased a 2016 Toyota 4Runner trail version. All stock for now except an arb compressor I just installed but plan on building it up for Overlanding and heading back to North Carolina to Overland Expo east in October for my honeymoon and plan on doing some trails and some mt biking in the area. I sold my jeep which I liked. I have owned 4 of them 2 of which were jku’s and I currently have a 97 Tj. I sold my 2013 jku and bought the 4Runner mainly due to reliability and much more comfortable to drive. The 4Runner should make an excellent rig. I hope to learn a lot from you guys on this site and look forward to building up my rig.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone!

My name is Chris and I just became a member of this fabulous group. Member #10514. I’m From Bangor Maine and relatively new to Overlanding. My last trip was from Maine to Moab Utah with my 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU which I built up with a 2.5” TeraFlex lift. 456 gears. Arb front and rear lockers, dual arb compressor. 10,000 lb water proof winch with synthetic line, 35” Tires. Aev wheels and arb front and rear bumpers. Even though it was nice rig I sold it and purchased a 2016 Toyota 4Runner trail version. All stock for now except an arb compressor I just installed but plan on building it up for Overlanding and heading back to North Carolina to Overland Expo east in October for my honeymoon and plan on doing some trails and some mt biking in the area. I sold my jeep which I liked. I have owned 4 of them 2 of which were jku’s and I currently have a 97 Tj. I sold my 2013 jku and bought the 4Runner mainly due to reliability and much more comfortable to drive. The 4Runner should make an excellent rig. I hope to learn a lot from you guys on this site and look forward to building up my rig.
Hi Chris and welcome to OB! Nice rigs!! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone. Pretty stoked to be joining, seems like a pretty active community. I'm just getting started with overlanding. Over the last few years we've (including my wife and two young daughters) been doing cross country trips with a 2015 Tundra and decent size trailer - been a blast. We've gone "off-road" a number of times, but nothing requiring 4x4. We wound up in Moab one trip and we follwed a guide through Hell's Kitchen on ATV's and fell in love with 4x4'ing. We no longer have our Tundra, but have gone back to a 2018 4Runner TRD Off-Road (we've had 2 older 4runners) and are planning another cross country trip. What I'd really like to find out is where I can find forestry roads to start working my way up in experience from dirt roads to potential crawling. Hard to find routes and learn about the routes.
Welcome to OB, let us know if you have any questions.

- Tyler

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 46005 Hello all!
I am a novice wheeler and enjoy camping and exploring so I thought I should combine all of these things. Have had Toyota pickup on the Rubicon and owned a couple of Blazers, one I did a 1 ton conversion. But definitely a novice. Although I have several overland candidates I will start with
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
I’m in Southern California
Nice Land Crusier @KT57. Welcome to OB and let us know if you have any questions.

Tyler

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Reactions: Emmanuel Villaverde