Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Well new here so might as well introduce myself. I'm from the greater Seattle area, drive a 2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road DCSB manual, not far above novice when it comes to overlanding but I try to get out exploring the mountains as often as I can.
Hi Matt and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

RedRockKY

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vine grove ,Ky
Member #

Hey y’all! New member here. From the Vine grove KY area. Been camping all my life , bought a 07 JkU a few years back and have since gotten into overlanding (still fairly new).
Done a few trips trough the gorge area (mostly camping) and a few trips through pisgah and unaka (first real overlanding experience) . Love exploring new places with new people .Love the great out doors and sites that God has blessed us with.
Would love to get to know you guys and the community !

Attachments

MtnDuck

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wagner
Service Branch
Army Vet
Hi all,

Just got back from a test run with my recently rebuilt baja bug. Had a blast with the family! Anyway, it's set up with a big rack, nearly the size of a truck bed. We like going on longer trips, and looking to get together with a good group of like-minded people.

From San Diego area
'69 baja bug
'06 Tacoma
Lots of both camping and off road experience, just never termed it as "overlanding."

YouInTheShirt

Rank I

Contributor III

Im Brandon and new to the overland community.
Live in North of Dallas Texas in the city of McKinney.
Drive a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5. It is my DD and in the process of a massive overhaul.

I have a pretty good experience in off road driving in both my vehicle and a 4wheeler between family ranch and local off road parks.
I am brand new to taking on short expedition trips and overlanding and in the process of planning my first short trip scheduled for next month.
I hope to get some valuable knowledge and advice to help me plan and be successful in my future adventures.

Thanks everybody
20180128_180211.jpg

RedRockKY

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vine grove ,Ky
Member #

Drive a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5. It is my DD and in the process of a massive overhaul.

I have a pretty good experience in off road driving in both my vehicle and a 4wheeler between family ranch and local off road parks.
I am brand new to taking on short expedition trips and overlanding and in the process of planning my first short trip scheduled for next month.
I hope to get some valuable knowledge and advice to help me plan and be successful in my future adventures.

Thanks everybody
View attachment 46599
I love the old 4runners!
On your short trip, do you plan on tent camping or sleeping in your rig?

YouInTheShirt

Rank I

Contributor III

I love the old 4runners!
On your short trip, do you plan on tent camping or sleeping in your rig?
I utilize a hammock right now for camping. I have yet to utilize this form of camping for anything over 2 nights.
My trip next month is going to be a 4 night trip and I will reevaluate whether I will be investing in a roof top or not.

RedRockKY

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vine grove ,Ky
Member #

@YouInTheShirt im assuming you have the cold weather gear for the hammock? (Bc next moth is still suppose to be high 30s’ for a low I believe .) I have A 07Jku that I have been able to lay the seats flat , throw in a sleeping pad (Nemo thermo) and sleep in my rig ,beside my Plano boxes of gear . Granite I am 5’8” on a good day .

Reactions: YouInTheShirt

YouInTheShirt

Rank I

Contributor III

@YouInTheShirt im assuming you have the cold weather gear for the hammock? (Bc next moth is still suppose to be high 30s’ for a low I believe .) I have A 07Jku that I have been able to lay the seats flat , throw in a sleeping pad (Nemo thermo) and sleep in my rig ,beside my Plano boxes of gear . Granite I am 5’8” on a good day .
Ya. My first time hammock camping I nearly froze due to the breeze on the underside. I utilize a large fleece blanket for the bottom layer and a second sleeping bag as an additional layer under the one I sleep in. I have both a 50* bag and a 30* bag depending on the temps. Hammock has but net and rain/wind tarp with it.

Radknightranger

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Chicago, IL
Member #

Hi Everyone! I am a family man looking for good times to share with my family.

Current Vehicle: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5

I don't have a current pic so I borrowed one from my buddy google

Previous Vehicle: Husky-this was my baby for 15 months and gave me most of my life's experience.

Overland Experience: I am no Expert because I believe we can all learn something from each other, but I would say I am proficient. Strong advocate of being prepared and then squaring away my buddies.

Why Overlanding?: I love mother nature and I love Friends and Family. Just looking for some peace.

Future projects?: I am saving up to buy an old surplus Humvee from auction and overland it out. Stay tuned for build in forums, pics, videos maybe, that sort of thing.

Lastly thanks for creating something like this for people like us.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey y’all! New member here. From the Vine grove KY area. Been camping all my life , bought a 07 JkU a few years back and have since gotten into overlanding (still fairly new).
Done a few trips trough the gorge area (mostly camping) and a few trips through pisgah and unaka (first real overlanding experience) . Love exploring new places with new people .Love the great out doors and sites that God has blessed us with.
Hi Austin and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Voodoo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salt Lake City, Utah
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Rambo
Member #

Service Branch
uS Navy
Hey Everyone! My name is Brian and I have been lurking here for a while now, just now deciding to say hello! I'm in Minneapolis, MN. I am driving a stock 2002 Nissan Xterra that I really like and excited to mod up a bit, though I am pretty new to Overlanding/4x4s. Looking for places in the upper midwest to explore and camp away from crowded sites.
Hey! welcome! I too have a 02 Xterra. I recently have added an ARB bumper but I had not been able to find images to help decide so I took a MSR_0223.jpg few pics to possibly help others figure out what they want. I don't think i'm going to lift it but i am going to put some heavy duty shocks on(when it warms up). I wish i could do all the mods in one weekend but...

MSR_0213.jpg MSR_0220.jpg

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hello from south central Indiana! Nice JKU and I agree we have been blessed with a beautiful land to enjoy!

Reactions: RedRockKY

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Austin and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all,

Just got back from a test run with my recently rebuilt baja bug. Had a blast with the family! Anyway, it's set up with a big rack, nearly the size of a truck bed. We like going on longer trips, and looking to get together with a good group of like-minded people.

From San Diego area
'69 baja bug
'06 Tacoma
Lots of both camping and off road experience, just never termed it as "overlanding."
Hi MtnDuck and welcome to OB! Nice rigs!! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks everybody
View attachment 46599
Hi Brandon and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: YouInTheShirt

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone! I am a family man looking for good times to share with my family.

Current Vehicle: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5

I don't have a current pic so I borrowed one from my buddy google

Previous Vehicle: Husky-this was my baby for 15 months and gave me most of my life's experience.

Overland Experience: I am no Expert because I believe we can all learn something from each other, but I would say I am proficient. Strong advocate of being prepared and then squaring away my buddies.

Why Overlanding?: I love mother nature and I love Friends and Family. Just looking for some peace.

Future projects?: I am saving up to buy an old surplus Humvee from auction and overland it out. Stay tuned for build in forums, pics, videos maybe, that sort of thing.

Lastly thanks for creating something like this for people like us.
Hi Carlos and welcome to OB! Nice looking Subie and really like Husky!! LOL Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Radknightranger

Jux

Rank 0

Traveler I

Howdy, I'm Steve, I'm from Colorado. I just picked up an SR5 4Runner, having driven Tacomas over the past six years. Prior vehicles were always kept stock, although I'll be looking for a minor lift for the 4Runner along with more AT oriented tires. I wouldn't say I'm too experienced in offroading, sticking to more casual outings as part of camping and backpacking trips, but I dig the work here and getting out into nature.

Some pictures of the Tacos and the new 4Runner:

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hello Steve, Look forward to watching your vision on your 4 runner come to life nice looking platform to start with.
Howdy, I'm Steve, I'm from Colorado. I just picked up an SR5 4Runner, having driven Tacomas over the past six years. Prior vehicles were always kept stock, although I'll be looking for a minor lift for the 4Runner along with more AT oriented tires. I wouldn't say I'm too experienced in offroading, sticking to more casual outings as part of camping and backpacking trips, but I dig the work here and getting out into nature.

Some pictures of the Tacos and the new 4Runner:

e