Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Thanks! Lots of good trails down there from what I've read. Would love to hit 'em up sometime.
I've only been here a few years. I've been on a couple of drives thru Lincoln forest near cloudcroftx beautiful to see.

I've got an idea brewing about trying to arrange a weekend event. Do some exploring in areas I've not been before, camping one night, etc. Watch the Southwest forum, once I get some things figured out I'll post something there.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Burque Outbound

AGENT-X

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

South Padre Island, TX
Member #

Hello, I just joined today and I’m looking forward to perusing the forums, chatting with everyone, learning and getting out there.

I’m currently living in the South Padre Island, Texas area. I have some experience with camping and off-roading, however, I’m new to overlanding. My current vehicles are a 2013 Tacoma 4x4, and 2016 Wrangler Unlimited.

Thank you,
Adam

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, I just joined today and I’m looking forward to perusing the forums, chatting with everyone, learning and getting out there.

I’m currently living in the South Padre Island, Texas area. I have some experience with camping and off-roading, however, I’m new to overlanding. My current vehicles are a 2013 Tacoma 4x4, and 2016 Wrangler Unlimited.

Thank you,
Adam
Hey Adam and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs!! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: AGENT-X

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Thank you,
Adam
Welcome to OB. Beautiful area you're in. Haven't been there for years. Love the beaches and that you can drive right to the water. Nice rigs too.

Reactions: AGENT-X

Tim Wride

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello new to the forum an Australian living in Madagascar with a vehicle sitting in storage in Perth Western Australia, Landrover Defender Camel Trophy 110, has taken us all over souther Africa a few years ago and now most of Western Australia gearing it up with attached trailer for an America’s visit in a few years.

No doubt will get some great info off here.

Cheers

Tim

Attachments

N8roro

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm Nate and live in the Chicago area. I picked up a M1009 (essentially a diesel '84 Blazer with a few differences), and have been working on it to get it to suit our needs since then. It is going to be a family exploration rig for camping or canoeing, and a fun grocery getter. I had not heard of Over landing until recently, but I think that fits with what we are looking to do. If anyone knows any good trails or routes in the Midwest I would love to hear about it. I'm still getting aquainted with the site so maybe I'll stumble across some maps!

Attachments

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

I'm Nate and live in the Chicago area. I picked up a M1009 (essentially a diesel '84 Blazer with a few differences), and have been working on it to get it to suit our needs since then. It is going to be a family exploration rig for camping or canoeing, and a fun grocery getter. I had not heard of Over landing until recently, but I think that fits with what we are looking to do. If anyone knows any good trails or routes in the Midwest I would love to hear about it. I'm still getting aquainted with the site so maybe I'll stumble across some maps!
Hi, and welcome to OB. Interesting rig. Diesel blazer? Is that on a 3/4 ton chassis by chance? Always fun to see other's rigs, you learn so much. Never heard of this before. Looking forward to seeing more of your experiences with it.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello new to the forum an Australian living in Madagascar with a vehicle sitting in storage in Perth Western Australia, Landrover Defender Camel Trophy 110, has taken us all over souther Africa a few years ago and now most of Western Australia gearing it up with attached trailer for an America’s visit in a few years.

Cheers

Tim
Hi Tim and welcome to OB! Nice looking Land Rover and trailer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Nate and welcome to OB! Nice looking Blazer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: N8roro

Capitan25

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Chesapeake, VA
Member #

Greetings to all.
My name is Edison and I'm happy to be part of this awesome organization, and I thank you for making it so. I decided that after I retire from the US Navy I want to drive all over the US. I came to USA in 1994 and joined the US Navy in 1997. Now 20 years later, between the deployments and the overseas assignments, I have missed out on the opportunity to travel around the USA. So now as I get closer to mi retirement from the Armed forces, I am preparing myself to discover many places and adventures. I recently purchased a Tacoma because I always liked Tacomas, and I am, little by little, building it up for long overlap trips. Any advise on gear please let me know and if you have done a trip to Baja, I am all ears. I want to venture down south to Baja late this year. Thank you for the site and all the help provided here.
Edison.
Picture: Camping at Delaware Seashore State park.
1 - 1.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings to all.
My name is Edison and I'm happy to be part of this awesome organization, and I thank you for making it so. I decided that after I retire from the US Navy I want to drive all over the US. I came to USA in 1994 and joined the US Navy in 1997. Now 20 years later, between the deployments and the overseas assignments, I have missed out on the opportunity to travel around the USA. So now as I get closer to mi retirement from the Armed forces, I am preparing myself to discover many places and adventures. I recently purchased a Tacoma because I always liked Tacomas, and I am, little by little, building it up for long overlap trips. Any advise on gear please let me know and if you have done a trip to Baja, I am all ears. I want to venture down south to Baja late this year. Thank you for the site and all the help provided here.
Edison.
View attachment 45598
Hi Edison and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Capitan25

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Greetings to all.
Edison.
View attachment 45598
Welcome. Nice Tacoma, that's my favorite color too. I'm sure you'll have plenty of adventures exploring the US. And Baja. Never been myself but have wanted to. Stay safe and enjoy the journey.

Reactions: Capitan25

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville

Cheers

Tim
Awesome rig man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Big Bear

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hillsboro, Oregon
Member #

Hi Everyone! Thank you for the add and what a great website. I look forward to all the info and ideas for my build. Living in the NW, building for everything from snowy and slick to rainy and greasy is lots of fun. Currently working on my first build with my 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins. This is my daily driver as well as my heavy trailer tow and overland fun. Just completed my lift with 37" tires, looking forward to getting out there and making some memories.
20171222_162250_resized.jpg