• HTML tutorial

Cabe Revore

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Steamboat Springs
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Cabe Revore, and I just joined Overland Bound! I look forward to learning about the community, and seeing what it is about! I live beautiful Steamboat Springs Colorado, and love living in the Rockies! My rig is a 2005 Lexus LX470, of which I picked up a little over a year ago. Ive seen what these LX / LC models can do, and what they can become. So, I bought my own in hope of turning mine into a Overland vehicle. The plan is to create something that I can camp in, and seek out new adventures! I had a 3 inch OME lift kit installed among other goodies. I hope 2018 brings many new memories as well as upgrades to my Lx, hopefully in the near future!

IMG_E3715.JPG
IMG_E3717.JPG

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hello to the forum from Dan Higgins. I'm based in the Denver area. "Overlanding" (though I hadn't heard the term at the time) became an interest for me when I purchased a 2014 LR4 in May of 2014. A couple weeks later I headed out on my first road trip in a vehicle that could safely and confidently go "off road". On my way to the PNW I spend a day with Bill Burke in Grand Junction to learn the basics about how to drive my then stock rig and was blown away by what was possible. I was hooked. Lots of great memories in that LR4 (named Lara as in Lara Croft) in CO, AZ and UT including the 2015 Overland Expo mud bog. 18 months ago we traded in the LR4 for a 2016 Land Cruiser allowing us to tow a somewhat heavier travel trailer. We have only touched the surface with the LC (which I have named The Yeti - its white and its a beast.) I am less a "wheeler" and more of an "overlander" - which makes my wife happier. ;-) A few months from retirement we look forward to plenty of time "out there" throughout the Western US in the years ahead. (Oh, and one fun thing is that I met and interacted a lot with someone on the Land Rover forum named Dave. And what do you know but I discovered that Dave is Member 001! So I know this must be a good group.)

Here are a couple pics of Lara. Though she is not our current rig, she was my "first". ;-) Followed by a couple of The Yeti. And, yep, you can spot us by the orange traction devices which are nearly always on my roof rack. (Makes it easier to find the truck in a parking lot.)

View attachment 45500 View attachment 45501 View attachment 45503 View attachment 45505 View attachment 45506
Hi Dan and welcome! Nice couple of rigs you have or had. I know what you mean about finding the car in the parking lot, the roof tent does that for me. :)

Greg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: danrhiggins

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hi im Dan an Aussie living in Georgia, just got a 2018 Colorado Z71. Took it off road for the first time today doing a few hours of the Georgia Traverse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hi. Welcome to the forums. I was looking at those trucks earlier today. How do you like it? Gas or diesel?

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Cabe Revore, and I just joined Overland Bound! I look forward to learning about the community, and seeing what it is about! I live beautiful Steamboat Springs Colorado, and love living in the Rockies! My rig is a 2005 Lexus LX470, of which I picked up a little over a year ago. Ive seen what these LX / LC models can do, and what they can become. So, I bought my own in hope of turning mine into a Overland vehicle. The plan is to create something that I can camp in, and seek out new adventures! I had a 3 inch OME lift kit installed among other goodies. I hope 2018 brings many new memories as well as upgrades to my Lx, hopefully in the near future!

View attachment 45512
View attachment 45513
Hi. That lift really makes the stance look pretty good. Did you get the regular duty or heavy duty springs in the lift?

I had a 2.5 inch heavy duty lift put on my 96 LC while I had it. It worked really well but had a small unexpected result. Because it was a 20 year old suspension that had started to sag, the 2.5 over stock was more like 5 or 6 over where I had become used to it being. Haha
Totally worth it.

Welcome. And very nice LX.

Cabe Revore

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Steamboat Springs
Member #

Hi. That lift really makes the stance look pretty good. Did you get the regular duty or heavy duty springs in the lift?

I had a 2.5 inch heavy duty lift put on my 96 LC while I had it. It worked really well but had a small unexpected result. Because it was a 20 year old suspension that had started to sag, the 2.5 over stock was more like 5 or 6 over where I had become used to it being. Haha
Totally worth it.

Welcome. And very nice LX.

Thank you! I had the heavy duty kit put in mine! I know in the not so distant future, I plan to change out the front and rear bumpers, add some sliders as well , and a roof rack with potential for a tent. So, I wanted to be prepared for when these changes start to become a possibility all while more weight becomes a factor! I initially wanted the 2 - 2.5 heavy duty kit, but the shop ordered and installed a 3 inch kit. When I first saw my truck, it was a little higher than what I wanted. After driving it, its been perfect!

daniel_brooke

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

US
Hi. Welcome to the forums. I was looking at those trucks earlier today. How do you like it? Gas or diesel?

I got the gasser. It's really nice to drive both on and off road. Im tossing up between a 2 inch level or get a BDS 5.5 inch lift :) trying to figure what im going to use the truck for mainly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello to the forum from Dan Higgins. I'm based in the Denver area. "Overlanding" (though I hadn't heard the term at the time) became an interest for me when I purchased a 2014 LR4 in May of 2014. A couple weeks later I headed out on my first road trip in a vehicle that could safely and confidently go "off road". On my way to the PNW I spend a day with Bill Burke in Grand Junction to learn the basics about how to drive my then stock rig and was blown away by what was possible. I was hooked. Lots of great memories in that LR4 (named Lara as in Lara Croft) in CO, AZ and UT including the 2015 Overland Expo mud bog. 18 months ago we traded in the LR4 for a 2016 Land Cruiser allowing us to tow a somewhat heavier travel trailer. We have only touched the surface with the LC (which I have named The Yeti - its white and its a beast.) I am less a "wheeler" and more of an "overlander" - which makes my wife happier. ;-) A few months from retirement we look forward to plenty of time "out there" throughout the Western US in the years ahead. (Oh, and one fun thing is that I met and interacted a lot with someone on the Land Rover forum named Dave. And what do you know but I discovered that Dave is Member 001! So I know this must be a good group.)

Here are a couple pics of Lara. Though she is not our current rig, she was my "first". ;-) Followed by a couple of The Yeti. And, yep, you can spot us by the orange traction devices which are nearly always on my roof rack. (Makes it easier to find the truck in a parking lot.)

View attachment 45500 View attachment 45501 View attachment 45503 View attachment 45505 View attachment 45506
Hi Dan and welcome to OB! Nice looking Land Cruiser! SAfe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone,

View attachment 45512
View attachment 45513
Hi Cabe and welcome to OB! Nice looking LX470! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Cabe Revore

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 45515 Hi everyone,
I’m JMiller. I’m from Portland ,OR.
Rig: 09 Honda ridgline with a tepui RTT. for now, looking to upgrade to a first gen tundra DC soon.
No real overland experience but lots of general outdoor experience.
Hi Jmiller and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ridgline and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

I got the gasser. It's really nice to drive both on and off road. Im tossing up between a 2 inch level or get a BDS 5.5 inch lift :) trying to figure what im going to use the truck for mainly.
Tough choice! Both have their appeal. :)

I was eying the ZR2 version, and trying to decide between the gas and diesel. Mainly fulfilling my curiosity about them. I need the interior room more than a pick up, so I'm probably going to stick with an SUV for a while.

Hope you share photos as it goes. It'll be nice to watch you build your rig.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hi everyone,
I’m JMiller. I’m from Portland ,OR.
Rig: 09 Honda ridgline with a tepui RTT. for now, looking to upgrade to a first gen tundra DC soon.
No real overland experience but lots of general outdoor experience.
Welcome to OB. Nice setup with the Ridgeline.

danrhiggins

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, co
Member #

Thanks for the welcome, Everyone! I thought I would provide a few more pics and also what I have done to my Land Cruiser. Its a modest build but enough to get us where we need to go (Easy to moderate trails, forest roads, etc with a destination in mind. For us it is not about conquering the gnarliest trail, but getting to places and seeing things we wouldn't otherwise be able to.)

Mods:
  • Sliders from Slee Offroad
  • 285/65R18 E-rated KO2 tires (stock size is 285/60R18)
  • Gobi roof rack and ladder with moveable/removeable crossbars and sun roof insert. (Specific to the 200 Series LC)
  • ARB/OME Lift. Springs - 2700 in front and 2721 (variable) in the rear
  • ARB drawer system. Both sides. Also works with the 2nd row folded to make a sleeping platform.
  • ARB on board compressor (under the hood)
  • Cruiser Outfitters button to engage the lift gate release from inside the truck. (Handy when sleeping inside.)
  • Blue Ridge Overland Molle seat back panels and "attic"
No extra armor or winch or bumper upgrade. No lighting upgrades. Just looking to add air bag suspension helpers for when I am towing. (6,000# travel trailer with 750# tongue weight before adding the 200# of the ProPride weight distribution hitch)

A couple more pics that just seemed fitting for an overlanding forum. And that's enough about me!

IMG_0211.jpg IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0729.jpg IMG_0771.jpg IMG_0813.jpg

Burque Outbound

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Buquoi
Member #

Howdy All,
I'm Nathan Buquoi and I live in Albuquerque, NM. I've been driving a '14 Toyota 4runner TE since April of '17 which is my 1st 4wd vehicle. Mods so far are 2" lift on Bilstein 5100's front and rear and BFG KO2s. I'm pretty new to overlanding, but I've spent a lot of time outdoors and done some offroading with a local group here. I'm excited to see what I can learn from this community and hopefully finds some locals to adventure with. This is a beautiful state and I can't think of a better way to see it than from the roads less traveled.4runner 1x1.jpg

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Howdy All,
I'm Nathan Buquoi and I live in Albuquerque, NM. I've been driving a '14 Toyota 4runner TE since April of '17 which is my 1st 4wd vehicle. Mods so far are 2" lift on Bilstein 5100's front and rear and BFG KO2s. I'm pretty new to overlanding, but I've spent a lot of time outdoors and done some offroading with a local group here. I'm excited to see what I can learn from this community and hopefully finds some locals to adventure with. This is a beautiful state and I can't think of a better way to see it than from the roads less traveled.View attachment 45535
Welcome to OB nice to have another NM member. I'm in Alamogordo. Nice Toyota.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Howdy All,
I'm Nathan Buquoi and I live in Albuquerque, NM. I've been driving a '14 Toyota 4runner TE since April of '17 which is my 1st 4wd vehicle. Mods so far are 2" lift on Bilstein 5100's front and rear and BFG KO2s. I'm pretty new to overlanding, but I've spent a lot of time outdoors and done some offroading with a local group here. I'm excited to see what I can learn from this community and hopefully finds some locals to adventure with. This is a beautiful state and I can't think of a better way to see it than from the roads less traveled.View attachment 45535
Hi Nathan and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!