• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from Roseville CA.
My name is Jim and my wife Crystal and I have been active in the rock crawling community for several years and are now looking forward to some great adventures while meeting new friends in overlanding. I'm currently building a Colorado pickup since our trusty FJ40 is not well suited for higway travel, I'll post a build thread with photos when I get a little further along.
Now back to the shop so we'll be ready for spring!View attachment 44037
Hi Jim and Crystal - welcome to OB! Nice looking Colorado! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

4RunnerDave

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lilburn, Ga
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Nanney
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello from Stone Mountain, Ga.,

Found OB through Jason Kortege (swellrunner) on YouTube. Posts some great videos about exploring and mentioned the group.

My Rig is a recently purchased 1999 T4R3 that has 209K miles and is running silky smooth. It currently has the factory ELocker Diff and is running Grabber AT2 tires. Looking to make more mods and add some new hardware (winch and bumpers). I used to run dirtbikes, harescrambles and a lot of mountain biking so i'm no stranger to mud and a good time. Overlanding is all of that but much more clean clothes.

Dave Nanney

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffG98034

Big Tex

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

McKinney, Texas
Member #

Hello from Texas. I'm new to the forum, and there will be Rig pics to follow. "Olive" is my 2013 Commando Green Jeep Rubicon. I have Poison Spyder siders, bumpers and tire carrier, but I will soon be sticking on a Smitty ATLAS tire carrier. Also restoring a 1946 Bantam, aka "G.I. Tow". I am new to civilian overlanding, but I logged thousands of miles overseas in my Army days (I hold the coveted "Drivers Badge, 2nd award). " I am Jake" and " The Road Chose Me" led me to really start getting serious about not being so serious, and get out with the family.

Reactions: JeffG98034

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from Texas. I'm new to the forum, and there will be Rig pics to follow. "Olive" is my 2013 Commando Green Jeep Rubicon. I have Poison Spyder siders, bumpers and tire carrier, but I will soon be sticking on a Smitty ATLAS tire carrier. Also restoring a 1946 Bantam, aka "G.I. Tow". I am new to civilian overlanding, but I logged thousands of miles overseas in my Army days (I hold the coveted "Drivers Badge, 2nd award). " I am Jake" and " The Road Chose Me" led me to really start getting serious about not being so serious, and get out with the family.
Hey Big Tex and welcome to OB! Nice rig and trailer! Can't wait to see pics of both! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

EXCURSIONdad3232

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Layton, Utah
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Hello everyone,

Location, Layton Utah
Rig, 2001 Ford Excursion (The king of SUV) 4" lift, custom roof rack, one 42" light bar, four 4" spot lights (2 driver, 2 passanger) and 2 rear ( great for backing up) all on the rack. I also have four LED lights on tbe bumper. I love light's lol. Also running 35" toyo at2.
Father of 6 husband of 1 wife thank god. Lol We travel and camp alot just not in a tent (yet cvt is on the list) we have a 21 foot toyhauler. Camping with triplet boys age 5, and older brother age 8, and sisters 18, and 20 roof top tents not big enough. I'm working on making the Excurions our overland monster. Just not sure she fits the mold. 20171231_163753.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone,

Location, Layton Utah
Rig, 2001 Ford Excursion (The king of SUV) 4" lift, custom roof rack, one 42" light bar, four 4" spot lights (2 driver, 2 passanger) and 2 rear ( great for backing up) all on the rack. I also have four LED lights on tbe bumper. I love light's lol. Also running 35" toyo at2.
Father of 6 husband of 1 wife thank god. Lol We travel and camp alot just not in a tent (yet cvt is on the list) we have a 21 foot toyhauler. Camping with triplet boys age 5, and older brother age 8, and sisters 18, and 20 roof top tents not big enough. I'm working on making the Excurions our overland monster. Just not sure she fits the mold. View attachment 44053
Hello and welcome to OB! Nice looking Excursion! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hello everyone,

Location, Layton Utah
Father of 6 husband of 1 wife thank god. Lol We travel and camp alot just not in a tent (yet cvt is on the list) we have a 21 foot toyhauler. Camping with triplet boys age 5, and older brother age 8, and sisters 18, and 20 roof top tents not big enough. I'm working on making the Excurions our overland monster. Just not sure she fits the mold. View attachment 44053

The Excursion is cool but the back ground is stunning!

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

Hello everyone,

Location, Layton Utah
Little bit jealous.... I have a serious crush on the Excursions. Welcome to the club

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

Hi everyone, I've been an avid off roader and outdoorsman since I was very young. Grew up following the Turtle Expedition in Four Wheeler magazine. Will be starting a rig build this year (finally). My first vehicles were a '78 CJ5 and a '77 chevy K5 blazer (I miss them both), currently a '07 GMC Sierra Z71 (AKA "Betty"). all pickups since college but going back to an SUV this year. Looking forward doing more vehicle based adventures in the coming years. Going to Overland Expo in 2013 was a big turning point for me, after I realized how many more people there were that shared the same passion for this life style with me, and I saw all the awesome gear available I knew I had to start on the road to a new build. Looking forward to using Overland Bound forums as a resource.

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hi everyone, I've been an avid off roader and outdoorsman since I was very young. Grew up following the Turtle Expedition in Four Wheeler magazine. Will be starting a rig build this year (finally). My first vehicles were a '78 CJ5 and a '77 chevy K5 blazer (I miss them both), currently a '07 GMC Sierra Z71 (AKA "Betty"). all pickups since college but going back to an SUV this year. Looking forward doing more vehicle based adventures in the coming years. Going to Overland Expo in 2013 was a big turning point for me, after I realized how many more people there were that shared the same passion for this life style with me, and I saw all the awesome gear available I knew I had to start on the road to a new build. Looking forward to using Overland Bound forums as a resource.

Welcome to the club, I'm Jeff a new member as well..

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Jeb and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: vanbuskirk