Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Welcome, Ara - looking forward to meeting you out there somewhere, someday, hopefully down Big Bend way out on the ranch or nearby.

Dry roads and open skies to you and Spirit!

Road

A little tight doing this with a phone!
Ara and Spirit here. Long story short...
Left for the road full time on November 6th 2006 with 95 BMW GS motorcycle and a sidecar for my buddy Spirit, rescued Pit. 8 years later while also having an off the grid Base Camp in Big Bend TX as the body needed new parts [that would be mine!] we ended up trailering three sidecar with a 2000 Ford f350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 with lockers 4 doors [the good year!] mounted with a 2004 4 season Northern Lite slide in camper totally self contained. Needing more body work we sold The Oasis [Texas] and 6 months ago bought a great little home in Alamogordo New Mexico 16 miles away from Cloudcroft, the Sacramento Mountains and Lincoln National Forest. Heaven! It will be shorter Journeys from now on exploring this Gem of a State and of course the adjacent ones with camper only! The sidecar is for local rides now. Our tenting days are over after 11 years full time camping. [hips, spine plate, bypasses, stents and more stents!
I have kept a mental and photographic Journal since day one
www.TheOasisOfMySoul.com
and also now giving credit to our new State
www.TheNewMexicoRoads.com
Hoping all this makes sense!
Stay well.
Ara and Spirit

View attachment 43758 View attachment 43759

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Welcome Nomad Overland!

There's a thread started long time ago about Insta handles: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/members-instagram-id.89/
And a newer thread about who is using what for social media: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/how-do-you-document-your-travels.11911/

Hope you find what you need here.

Hello Everone,
I have just become a member. I am new to the overlanding scene but have done a lot of camping . If anyone is on Instagram let me know and I will give you a follow.
Nomad overland
Novice
2008 Jeep Wrangler

NOMAD OVERLAND

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Peoria,Az
First Name
Chris
Last Name
KELLER
Member #

Thanks Jake,
I love your videos and seeing your travels. Sorry I missed you here at Lake Pleasant. We did a trip to West end of Grand Canyon that day.

MikeandVJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello, looking forward to learning all that I can.
Current Rig: 2003 Tacoma 4x4 TRD, next rig will be a Toyota 4 Runner
Experience: Novice, with some off-roading experience. Looking forward to exploring the outdoors.

mtbiker71

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hemet, CA
Member #

Hello everyone,

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can and making new friends. I have very little overlanding or off-road experience for that matter. I used to have a 2006 Wrangler that I only took off road a couple of times. I have regretted getting rid of that vehicle for several years so I decided it was time to get back in. Current vehicle is a 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon and I live in Hemet, CA.

Cheers!

Attachments

GatorDoc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norton Shores, MI
First Name
butt
Last Name
hole
Member #

New Member here from West Michigan. Been "car camping" for years, look forward to meeting some good people here.

Currently driving an '07 FJ Cruiser that's mostly stock and an '03 Dodge Cummins on 35s.

FILE0034.JPG IMGP9485.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake Rough Rider

Poncate

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waitsburg, Wa
First Name
Jus
Last Name
Tin
Member #

Hello Everyone,

Location SE Washington State
Rig 2004, Toyota, Tacoma, DCSB
Overlanding Experience Background Novice but looking forward to exploring

Thanks!

AdamBurleson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Hey all Adam from AZ,
In November I bought locally a 1996 FJ80 with 173k miles. It was all stock and needed some love. AZ Sun can be murder on the interiors so no surprise the leather seats were cracked. I found a local guy that redid the leather and match factory stitching. I have add a 3" Old Man Emu and 315/75 Toyo Open Country tires to the stock rims. Apparently it was also stolen the first year and they replaced the steering wheel with a tan version. I used a Leather Vinyl paint to match the leather. Hopefully a snorkel in the near future....

Attachments

Reactions: GatorDoc

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone,

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can and making new friends. I have very little overlanding or off-road experience for that matter. I used to have a 2006 Wrangler that I only took off road a couple of times. I have regretted getting rid of that vehicle for several years so I decided it was time to get back in. Current vehicle is a 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon and I live in Hemet, CA.

Cheers!
Hi Mtbiker71 and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey all Adam from AZ,
In November I bought locally a 1996 FJ80 with 173k miles. It was all stock and needed some love. AZ Sun can be murder on the interiors so no surprise the leather seats were cracked. I found a local guy that redid the leather and match factory stitching. I have add a 3" Old Man Emu and 315/75 Toyo Open Country tires to the stock rims. Apparently it was also stolen the first year and they replaced the steering wheel with a tan version. I used a Leather Vinyl paint to match the leather. Hopefully a snorkel in the near future....
Hi Adam and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

KB Voodoo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Olean, NY
Hello Everyone,

The name is Jacob, I am from the Detroit area.
I am still pretty new to overlanding. I've used the current set up for camping a few times.

2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Method Race Wheels. BFG A/T tires. Voodoo Bed Rack. Smittybuilt RTT.

Looks great!!