• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

A little tight doing this with a phone!
Ara and Spirit here. Long story short...
Left for the road full time on November 6th 2006 with 95 BMW GS motorcycle and a sidecar for my buddy Spirit, rescued Pit. 8 years later while also having an off the grid Base Camp in Big Bend TX as the body needed new parts [that would be mine!] we ended up trailering three sidecar with a 2000 Ford f350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 with lockers 4 doors [the good year!] mounted with a 2004 4 season Northern Lite slide in camper totally self contained. Needing more body work we sold The Oasis [Texas] and 6 months ago bought a great little home in Alamogordo New Mexico 16 miles away from Cloudcroft, the Sacramento Mountains and Lincoln National Forest. Heaven! It will be shorter Journeys from now on exploring this Gem of a State and of course the adjacent ones with camper only! The sidecar is for local rides now. Our tenting days are over after 11 years full time camping. [hips, spine plate, bypasses, stents and more stents!
I have kept a mental and photographic Journal since day one
www.TheOasisOfMySoul.com
and also now giving credit to our new State
www.TheNewMexicoRoads.com
Hoping all this makes sense!
Stay well.
Ara and Spirit

View attachment 43758 View attachment 43759
Hi Ara and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Ara Gureghian

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I'm a new member here from the San Francisco Bay Area. My first experience with anything 4x4 was early last year when I got my 2017 4Runner TRD Pro. I've been totally hooked since and am excited to learn from the great community here!

View attachment 43738
Photo credit: Victor Nguyen / Location: Mendocino National Forest
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders

CagedLife

Rank 0

Traveler I

India
Hey everyone, I'm a new member here from the San Francisco Bay Area. My first experience with anything 4x4 was early last year when I got my 2017 4Runner TRD Pro. I've been totally hooked since and am excited to learn from the great community here!

View attachment 43738
Photo credit: Victor Nguyen / Location: Mendocino National Forest
Great shot and nice looking 4R. Welcome to OB

bonsaidave

Rank III

Advocate II

Just join looking forward to joining some of you all this spring. Have a 95 Bronco Eddie Bauer with a 5.8 it's in the process of getting a straight axle conversion. And the front bumper build. I do all my own work and all my own fabrication.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Clint1911

DangerBear028

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Nolensville,Tennessee
Member #

New to OB! #9760

I'm based south of Nashville, TN.

Rig: 2003 Jeep TJ SE 2.4L manual. 2”BB, 31’s, Dana30/35 open. Congo Cage w/LED lights all round.
In the process of re-building the little red Jeep now. I made a few “improvements”, that just didn’t work out. I’m building a rear storage box & tailgate table. The plan for 2018 : winch, tummy tuck, 33s and re gear.

Experience: I've been into Overlanding, long before I realized it was a thing. Been camping/backpacking my entire life, and when I got the Jeep in 2003, things just naturally progressed into "Jeep Camping". I've taken the Jeep off-road quite a bit, learned a lot, and broke a few things along the way.

Attachments

Hey everyone my name is Trevor I’m from Riverside California and I’m just getting into this whole overlanding thing and thought I’d join an established site with forums to learn as much as possible....so that being said I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi that is my daily driver and is very well equipped for the rigorous terrain of Southern California’s freeways and bumper to bumper traffic!! But I want to change that and get out on some back roads and get a little dirty

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Just join looking forward to joining some of you all this spring. Have a 95 Bronco Eddie Bauer with a 5.8 it's in the process of getting a straight axle conversion. And the front bumper build. I do all my own work and all my own fabrication.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Hi Dave and welcome to OB! Nice looking Bronco! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New to OB! #9760

Rig: 2003 Jeep TJ SE 2.4L manual. 2”BB, 31’s, Dana30/35 open. Congo Cage w/LED lights all round.
In the process of re-building the little red Jeep now. I made a few “improvements”, that just didn’t work out. I’m building a rear storage box & tailgate table. The plan for 2018 : winch, tummy tuck, 33s and re gear.

Experience: I've been into Overlanding, long before I realized it was a thing. Been camping/backpacking my entire life, and when I got the Jeep in 2003, things just naturally progressed into "Jeep Camping". I've taken the Jeep off-road quite a bit, learned a lot, and broke a few things along the way.
Hi DangerBear and welcome to OB! Nice looking TJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: DangerBear028

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Trevor I’m from Riverside California and I’m just getting into this whole overlanding thing and thought I’d join an established site with forums to learn as much as possible....so that being said I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi that is my daily driver and is very well equipped for the rigorous terrain of Southern California’s freeways and bumper to bumper traffic!! But I want to change that and get out on some back roads and get a little dirty
Hi Trevor and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ram! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Angel Sterling

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Alberta, Canada
Member #

6A67EFEC-E5B5-4983-8BD8-C0A31BDF7B5A.jpeg DA9F0E7F-749B-4D56-B466-86DD287A69DC.jpeg Hello
My name is Angel
I’m a beginner with past family trip experience but more along the lines of hardcore camping rather than over landing.
I drive a 2017 Chevrolet Trax awd turbo.
I’m still building and outriging it.
I’m in central Alberta, Canada .
I look forward to meeting you guys and making more connections.
Feel free to follow my Instagram to see what I’m up to daily. @adventure_awd

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 43826 View attachment 43827 Hello
My name is Angel
I’m a beginner with past family trip experience but more along the lines of hardcore camping rather than over landing.
I drive a 2017 Chevrolet Trax awd turbo.
I’m still building and outriging it.
I’m in central Alberta, Canada .
I look forward to meeting you guys and making more connections.
Feel free to follow my Instagram to see what I’m up to daily. @adventure_awd
Hi Angel and welcome to OB! Nice looking Trax and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Angel Sterling

F150Fanatic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Ezell
Member #

New to OB! #9760

Hey DangerBear028! Good to see another Nashville-area person in OB. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the upcoming Rally Point for Nashville area overlanders. Meet and greet coming up in a few weeks. Look forward to meeting you.

Reactions: DangerBear028

F150Fanatic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Ezell
Member #

Hey everyone! Been around the forums for a little while now, but haven't formally introduced myself. I'm Chase, from Brentwood, Tn (just south of Nashville). I've been backpacking, fly fishing, sea kayaking much of my life, but Overlanding seems to be my newest interest as I recently retired at 51 and eager to travel more. I love the mountain west - Colorado, Utah, New Mexico anywhere in the Rockies, and hoping to spend more time out there. Really looking forward to some adventures out there, but always ready for trips closer to home. I'm running a stock 2012 F150 Supercrew shortbed which so far seems pretty capable for what I want to do. Always up for maintenance or scouting trips, though I could use some serious help with my GPS skills, or week long treks. Glad to find OB!!

Attachments

Reactions: Road