Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
C
Member #

Hey Guys, names Brian. My rig is a 2006 4Runner that I've been slowly building up. I'm located in the Washington DC metro area. I'm a novice at overlanding but used to camp a lot with the family when I was little. Now that I have two little ones myself, I want for them to enjoy the outdoors like I used to.

Shark4R

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Francisco Bay Area
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here from the San Francisco Bay Area. My first experience with anything 4x4 was early last year when I got my 2017 4Runner TRD Pro. I've been totally hooked since and am excited to learn from the great community here!

sharkie-t4r.jpg
Photo credit: Victor Nguyen / Location: Mendocino National Forest

Reactions: JeepWave

Reddragon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Star city Indiana
Member #

Howdy
Live in North West Indiana
Have a new 2017 JK sport Oscar Mike Addition Upgraded suspension, Rear lockers ,32 inch tires, 3.73 gears Dana 44 rear end.
I am a first time jeep owner. I do have a 4WD Truck though. I've never done much off roading.
I learned about overland watching the adventures of Jake on you tube.

ChuckS

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

king george, va
Member #

Greetings from Virginia. I'm a soon to be retired airline pilot and look forward to free time for overlanding. The rig is an ever evolving 2011 JK often seen with a canoe on the roof.

Chuck

vwjay

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here from the San Francisco Bay Area. My first experience with anything 4x4 was early last year when I got my 2017 4Runner TRD Pro. I've been totally hooked since and am excited to learn from the great community here!

View attachment 43738
Nice truck, like the ladder for the roof rack. Have to store that design in my mental file for my rig.

GreenMachine

Rank 0

Traveler I

2279A776-D70D-432A-AEE0-97E6A9B30AFF.jpeg Hi. Philadelphia,PA here. I’ve been outfitting my ‘95 XJ for camping, and plan on doing a number of trips this year. Hoping to meet some new people and find new places to explore on this forum.

Reactions: Shark4R

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Guys, names Brian. My rig is a 2006 4Runner that I've been slowly building up. I'm located in the Washington DC metro area. I'm a novice at overlanding but used to camp a lot with the family when I was little. Now that I have two little ones myself, I want for them to enjoy the outdoors like I used to.
Hi Brian and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 43738
Hi Shark4R and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner and awesome pic! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Howdy
Live in North West Indiana
Have a new 2017 JK sport Oscar Mike Addition Upgraded suspension, Rear lockers ,32 inch tires, 3.73 gears Dana 44 rear end.
I am a first time jeep owner. I do have a 4WD Truck though. I've never done much off roading.
I learned about overland watching the adventures of Jake on you tube.
Hey Reddragon and welcome to OB! Nice looking JK! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Ara Gureghian

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Alamogordo, New Mexico
Member #

A little tight doing this with a phone!
Ara and Spirit here. Long story short...
Left for the road full time on November 6th 2006 with 95 BMW GS motorcycle and a sidecar for my buddy Spirit, rescued Pit. 8 years later while also having an off the grid Base Camp in Big Bend TX as the body needed new parts [that would be mine!] we ended up trailering three sidecar with a 2000 Ford f350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 with lockers 4 doors [the good year!] mounted with a 2004 4 season Northern Lite slide in camper totally self contained. Needing more body work we sold The Oasis [Texas] and 6 months ago bought a great little home in Alamogordo New Mexico 16 miles away from Cloudcroft, the Sacramento Mountains and Lincoln National Forest. Heaven! It will be shorter Journeys from now on exploring this Gem of a State and of course the adjacent ones with camper only! The sidecar is for local rides now. Our tenting days are over after 11 years full time camping. [hips, spine plate, bypasses, stents and more stents!
I have kept a mental and photographic Journal since day one
www.TheOasisOfMySoul.com
and also now giving credit to our new State
www.TheNewMexicoRoads.com
Hoping all this makes sense!
Stay well.
Ara and Spirit

20160121_131148_001-01_wm.jpg 20170419_173621-01_wm.jpeg