Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Newish member here, we joined @ Overland Expo East in NC, Oct 2017. My wife and I have been overlanding for 30 years in our '86 FJ60, but also on BMW R80G/Ss. Our 60 is nicely modified for us, would like to speak to others about their 60 as well as overlanding in the east.
We joined the east contingent for a trip in VT a few months back and had an awesome time, and will do more.
What a great group and VERY well managed!!

Welcome to the group guys! Hope you find some good trail buddies!

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Hey Folks-

I've been into outdoor adventure for quite a while but somehow have just now stumbled upon Overlanding. I'm quickly becoming obsessed and have been reading as much into it as possible. Looking forward to getting my rig set and heading out to explore. Here is a bit about myself and my setup so far.

Based in South Carolina
2016 GMC Sierra
Novice Overlander - Experienced outdoorsman

If you're ever over my way, feel free to reach out.

Welcome bud, there is so much knowledge here and I’m sure you’Lloyd get to put it to good use soon. See you on the trails!

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Hello all.
Name is Bill
Located in NorCal, SF Bay Area
Rig is 1999 LX470 with major modifications.
Used to by a rock crawler with my 85 CJ7 (Rubicon runner) but looking for a gentler path now. Novice overlander , experienced 4x4er.

Pic is in the Sierra Buttes. Still trying to break the rock crawling habit.

Looking forward to more adventures.View attachment 43213

Sweet rig bud, I’m sure these guys will get you out on the trail to trade some knowledge. Enjoy!

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

New to this community and wanted to introduce myself. Would love to learn lots and have some buddies for trips!

SF/Bay Area
2017 Tacoma TRD OR with slight modifications
Novice (but love the outdoors and fly fishing)

Hey bud! Fellow Taco driver here. Enjoy the trails and learn a share them with some new and old friends!

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Donny I am from sunny southwest FL. Currently I have a 2017 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. It is currently going through a transformation. I had a trailer/rtt along with a gobi rack awning etc. All has been sold and I am patiently waiting for my Ursa Minor J30 to show up. Should be in the next few weeks. My wife got me the membership here for a Christmas Present. #9681

Sounds awesome bud! Welcome to the group, cant wait to see the finished build!

WE ROME

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Glenmoore, PA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3VMI, WRER282
Service Branch
USAF retired, fire p
Good evening everyone! Glad to be a member and be able to share ideas with like minded folks.

Im over in Virginia Beach. Hopefully there are some other members in the area.

My rig is an 06 4runner with a fair amount of suspension mods. It is still a work in progress.

I look forward to meeting everyone.View attachment 39066
Love the beach pic. I use Fluid Film to ward off rust, I spray it everywhere and it seeps in crevices.

Alejandro Lopez

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miramar, fl
First Name
Alejandro
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Hello group! My name is Alejandro, but i usually go by Alex. I am in the south Florida area, Miramar to be more specific. I drive a 2016 Toyota 4runner Trail edition. I haven't been wheeling for a while so i'm trying to get back into it. I guess i am a novice at this point. I'd love to meet new people that are interested in going on trip here in my area.
I'm in swimming pool industry so if anyone needs advise or has questions about that i am open hahaha.
Here are some pics of my ride. Hope y'all like it, if not, thats ok cause i do lol... Happy New Years to everyone!!!

20171203_141955.jpg 20171203_142126.jpg 20171203_141936.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello group! My name is Alejandro, but i usually go by Alex. I am in the south Florida area, Miramar to be more specific. I drive a 2016 Toyota 4runner Trail edition. I haven't been wheeling for a while so i'm trying to get back into it. I guess i am a novice at this point. I'd love to meet new people that are interested in going on trip here in my area.
I'm in swimming pool industry so if anyone needs advise or has questions about that i am open hahaha.
Here are some pics of my ride. Hope y'all like it, if not, thats ok cause i do lol... Happy New Years to everyone!!!

View attachment 43247 View attachment 43248 View attachment 43246
Hi Alex and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: T-88

Otis1973

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello, my name is Jeff. I was born and raised Texas. I am a ladder truck chauffer in the Houston Fire Department. I have camped and explored the outdoors my entire life. My wife and I went on some of our first dates in the state parks around Texas. We have a 5 year old son, that is ready for some adventure. We have an RV that we pull, but I grew up roughing it in more remote locations, and I would like to share that with him. I have always wanted to get involved in overlanding, but have not as of yet. I recently purchased a Ford F250, and upgraded the suspension with a 6" fabtech stage 2 lift with foxx shocks and 37" Nitto ridge grapplers. I am looking to put together a trail worthy rig that will get me to some remote locations safely. I am not looking for a rock crawler or a mud truck, just something I can load my son and our dog up in and go wherever we would like.

This is what I started with: 91F4DBE6-812B-4AFA-B3C5-BB3576683F98.jpeg
This is where it is now:2A476F9E-3518-437C-953E-DC40832F7787.jpeg

I look forward to learning some stuff from this site and hopefully meeting some folks to explore with.

Jeff

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, my name is Jeff. I was born and raised Texas. I am a ladder truck chauffer in the Houston Fire Department. I have camped and explored the outdoors my entire life. My wife and I went on some of our first dates in the state parks around Texas. We have a 5 year old son, that is ready for some adventure. We have an RV that we pull, but I grew up roughing it in more remote locations, and I would like to share that with him. I have always wanted to get involved in overlanding, but have not as of yet. I recently purchased a Ford F250, and upgraded the suspension with a 6" fabtech stage 2 lift with foxx shocks and 37" Nitto ridge grapplers. I am looking to put together a trail worthy rig that will get me to some remote locations safely. I am not looking for a rock crawler or a mud truck, just something I can load my son and our dog up in and go wherever we would like.

This is what I started with: View attachment 43273
This is where it is now:View attachment 43277

I look forward to learning some stuff from this site and hopefully meeting some folks to explore with.

Jeff
Hi Jeff and welcome to OB! Nice looking F250! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

TheDukeNL

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vreden NRW Germany
Member #

IMG_5891.JPG Hello,
My name is Erik. I am from the Netherlands, but I live just over the border in Germany. I found OB trough IamJake and am following since then. Now I finally became a member too.
Last month I drove the Amsterdam Dakar Challenge in an Opel Frontera and sold it there for a good cause. 3 Weeks trough Afrika, a great Adventure.
But my own rig is a Suzuki SJ410 from 1984 for short 4x4 trips and an VW T4 from 1992 for the long holiday trips.
I hope to do some trips together.

IMG_6085.JPG
IMG_4701.JPG
IMG_5132.JPG

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 43292 Hello,
My name is Erik. I am from the Netherlands, but I live just over the border in Germany. I found OB trough IamJake and am following since then. Now I finally became a member too.
Last month I drove the Amsterdam Dakar Challenge in an Opel Frontera and sold it there for a good cause. 3 Weeks trough Afrika, a great Adventure.
But my own rig is a Suzuki SJ410 from 1984 for short 4x4 trips and an VW T4 from 1992 for the long holiday trips.
I hope to do some trips together.

View attachment 43291
View attachment 43293
View attachment 43295
Hi Erik and welcome to OB! So glad you've joined! Nice looking SJ410! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

714reyesj

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Anaheim, CA
Member #

B3D9DCA9-9942-4985-A29E-30A97F382DBD.jpeg E168FEBE-7200-4308-8076-9BFE226DD13E.jpeg

What’s up everyone.
Name: Danny
Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4
Experience: Mainly camping and hitting the local trails. Looking to get off the beaten track.