Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

overlandout

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello!

I don't have a picture of my rig yet as I'm still getting it prepped.

Rig:
I recently bought a 2000 Dodge Dakota.
Standard Cab, RWD.

Its all I can afford right now, but hope to move up to something bigger/better in time.

Experience:

I don't really have any experience in overlanding but I have lots of experience with camping/survival/adventure.
My wife and I do a lot of hiking and rock climbing.
We take our dog with us every where we go.

We are currently planning our first "big" trip up to South Dakota this summer once I have the truck in good order.

Ol Red

Rank 0

Traveler I

ol red.JPG
San Diego, CA
2011 Toyota Tundra SR5
Growing up as a young adult, my friends an I would take our 2wd trucks and see who could go the farthest without getting stuck, and over the years been driving various roads and trails with other vehicles. I think its safe to say my experience is intermediate. Hope to see you all on the trails.

AutumnCoyote

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lorain OH
Member #

My name is Tim and I very pleased to be a part of the Overland community.
I am new here to this type of communication. So please be patient with me.
I have spent many decades in factories and I am retired. I have a 1997 Chevy Suburban that I am working on to use for getting out there. Made my first go at it in October for a week long outing. Mostly checking out my camp setup and gear. Did not do any serious off road. The roads where I went though are for coal mining and access to camp areas. There are no services at all. So Mabry I should look into some satellite gear? Looking forward to getting it together. As you may guess when you are retired you have the time, but you are on a fixed income.

Hi Tim, welcome to OB! I am a new member myself and saw on the members map that we are not far from each other! If you are ever looking for an extra vehicle to accompany you on an adventure, or just want to talk to a couple local people with similar interest my husband and I would be interested! Let me know!
Where did you go on your week long trip?

Benharris797

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Amersham UK
Member #

Tony and Camilla here from the UK saying hello to everyone. My avatar isn't quite correct as the Defender has now been replaced by a Toyota Landcruiser J200 and sadly, our off road caravan (Bushwakka Bhoma) pictured, was stolen on the 7th December just. However, we are just about to place our order for a new Bhoma from South Africa.
In 4 years time, we are looking at overlanding through Africa, Australasia, South, Central and North America, being away some 5-10 years, health & wealth dependant. Spent 38 years in the Army so have itchy feet and need to keep moving.
If anyone comes to the UK, especially the London area, give us a shout.
All the best, Tony & Camilla

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

New to the forum. Been 4 wheeling and "overlanding" since I was skinny and had more hair (a long time). We are located in Central Oregon and spend a good amount of time in the woods or on the river fly fishing. My ride is a 2012 Ram 1500 and my wife has a '93 YJ. We use both to tow our Backpacker trailer. Here's a few pictures around Oregon.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New to the forum. Been 4 wheeling and "overlanding" since I was skinny and had more hair (a long time). We are located in Central Oregon and spend a good amount of time in the woods or on the river fly fishing. My ride is a 2012 Ram 1500 and my wife has a '93 YJ. We use both to tow our Backpacker trailer. Here's a few pictures around Oregon.
Hi 472HemiGTX and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ram and YJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Greetings from Albuquerque,

My name is Matthew and I've just recently joined.
Vehicle: 2015 4Runner SR5 w/2 inch Bilstein lift on KO2 275s. I have moderate camping and outdoors experience and have recently started looking into the overland life. View attachment 43052
Welcome from Arkansas my Yota bro! Love that rig! And love your neck of the woods! The wife and I hafe Friends there and have on more than one occasion driven all night just to grab some chicharrones from the NM Beef Jerkey Co. love that place! Maybe we can get together sometime and you can show me some good hidden gems of the off road there. Ride safe bro

cmsgtnelly

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, Arizona, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Welcome from Arkansas my Yota bro! Love that rig! And love your neck of the woods! The wife and I hafe Friends there and have on more than one occasion driven all night just to grab some chicharrones from the NM Beef Jerkey Co. love that place! Maybe we can get together sometime and you can show me some good hidden gems of the off road there. Ride safe bro
The Jemez Mountains just north of ABQ are spiderwebbed with forest roads and dispersed camping sites. There is still a lot I haven't seen yet.

Sent from my LG-H932 using OB Talk mobile app

Bobby J

Rank 0

Traveler I

FB58B450-C103-4D11-85EC-CD9B7A5055D9.jpeg Hi All,
Here’s my rig and my late husky. She loved the rides.

My Wrangler is a 2014 Unlimited mostly stock
I’m in Gwinnett County just northeast of Atlanta, Ga
While I used to 4 wheel with friends in the 70’s, this is my first rig. So, I consider myself a novice, but looking forward to gaining experience.

I look forward to meeting you on the road

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 43397 Hi All,
Here’s my rig and my late husky. She loved the rides.

My Wrangler is a 2014 Unlimited mostly stock
I’m in Gwinnett County just northeast of Atlanta, Ga
While I used to 4 wheel with friends in the 70’s, this is my first rig. So, I consider myself a novice, but looking forward to gaining experience.

I look forward to meeting you on the road
Hi Bobby and welcome to OB! Nice looking Wrangler! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

ScottH

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello OB crew! I'm completely new to overlanding, but definitely not new to the outdoors, forums, modifying vehicles, or adventure in general. My wife and I moved to the great state of Oregon a couple years ago, and the outdoors immediately called to us. We love keeping things simple, camping out of a ground tent with our two goldendoodles, cooking over wood fires, and exploring by foot, but we're hoping our new 4Runner can take us further off the beaten path to even greater adventures. I look forward to learning from you all, and sharing the lessons I learn with you as we go.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

-Scott, Heather, Bette, & Bella

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello OB crew! I'm completely new to overlanding, but definitely not new to the outdoors, forums, modifying vehicles, or adventure in general. My wife and I moved to the great state of Oregon a couple years ago, and the outdoors immediately called to us. We love keeping things simple, camping out of a ground tent with our two goldendoodles, cooking over wood fires, and exploring by foot, but we're hoping our new 4Runner can take us further off the beaten path to even greater adventures. I look forward to learning from you all, and sharing the lessons I learn with you as we go.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

-Scott, Heather, Bette, & Bella
Hi Scott, Heather, Bette, & Bella and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: ScottH

youpers

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Selva Beach, CA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Brunetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSQ
Hi all, new to the forums. I have been cruising all over the dirt roads and trails of California since before I got my drivers license. My first driving experience was a CJ5 in the High Lakes OHV but I know there are many places I haven't seen or heard of. I'm looking to connect with others and see places I haven't gone before. My rig is a 84' FJ60 and homemade trailer.
IMG_1067.JPG IMG_1066.JPG IMG_1065.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all, new to the forums. I have been cruising all over the dirt roads and trails of California since before I got my drivers license. My first driving experience was a CJ5 in the High Lakes OHV but I know there are many places I haven't seen or heard of. I'm looking to connect with others and see places I haven't gone before. My rig is a 84' FJ60 and homemade trailer.
View attachment 43437 View attachment 43438 View attachment 43439
Hi Youpers and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ60! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!