Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, Nv
First Name
Candi
Last Name
Skehan
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello!im not good with technology but I’m trying to figure it out.
Rig: 2015 JKU
Experience: I’m not a rock crawler (if that’s what you mean by experience, I don’t have it). I have been off-roading for many years and love the outdoor lifestyle that comes with it. I look forward to meeting other enthusiasts in my upcoming adventures!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone. My name is Matt.
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota T100 w/ home made camper
Experience: Few camping trips around California, Hawaii, and Baja and just finished my first long trip (16 months) to Panama and Back.

Mojave

Costa Rica
Hi Matt and welcome to OB! Nice looking T100! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, I'm Rafepirate. I was raised on weekends of dune buggy, motorcycle and comfortable RV camping in Baja Mexico and the Mojave desert. Eventually college and later work got in the way....for almost 30 years. I didn't make time for off road adventures. I think I forgot that this could be an option.

until I read a nephews FB posts about solo adventures, Team Rubicon, and other group events around the Southern California Big Bear area. His family blog is titled "family-off-the-map."

My dad has been a race enthusiast forever and his Ford Super Duty work truck doubled as support/chase vehicle for his the Baja 1000 race team for 4 or 5 years. The price was good and its well cared for. The possibilities make my mouth water...its a really big truck though and if it gets stuck I don't think a jeepwill be able to rescue the beast. Stll, this could be the beginning of a great things to come...

Current rig: 2010 Ford Super Duty 4x4, mostly stock, standard wheels, no winch, have a set of traction pads, tow rope and, compressor and chain with a high lift jack for self rescue.

Upgrades: Custom steel camper shell, 1 tubular steel cargo rack designed for 2 or more full size spares, six 5gal water/fuel can and 1 additional rack for up to 3000# cargo. Could be good base for a roof top tent. I installed a 150watt solar panel in the rearmost cargo rack to protect it from branches oalong the trail. A 85 ah AGM storage battery for the Dometic fridge and a CB make up the complete rig.

Thats all of it so far.
Hi Rafepirate and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Rig: 1997 Toyota 4Runner, 2" lift, sliders, rear e-locker - a pretty capable wheeler
Experience: Novice/Intermediate - been out to the 4wd park quite a few times, some trail trips in the Sierras
Excited to join, been following on YouTube for a while and was looking for a way to get out and meet more people into overlanding, camping, and exploring. Always liked to do that sort of stuff and would really love to do more. Hope to see you all out there soon!
Hi Berfer97 and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello!im not good with technology but I’m trying to figure it out.
Rig: 2015 JKU
Experience: I’m not a rock crawler (if that’s what you mean by experience, I don’t have it). I have been off-roading for many years and love the outdoor lifestyle that comes with it. I look forward to meeting other enthusiasts in my upcoming adventures!
Hi Lvfunnyfarm and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Lvfunnyfarm

Mathew jones

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Naches wa
Member #

Hello everyone matt here up here in naches Washington. I would consider myself entry-level over land. Lots of low land exploring though. I have a 14 f150 that I have done a few thangs to help with capability. Look forward to meeting some of you.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone matt here up here in naches Washington. I would consider myself entry-level over land. Lots of low land exploring though. I have a 14 f150 that I have done a few thangs to help with capability. Look forward to meeting some of you.
Hi Matt and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

TurboLam

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Canada
Member #

Hello Everyone,
Got interest when saw some of the amazing places on line and wanted to go explore more.
Rig: Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Beginner, Just want to be outside as much as possible, kids getting to the age where they want to go camping more. Can't wait! to do some longer and bigger trips!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Everyone,
Got interest when saw some of the amazing places on line and wanted to go explore more.
Rig: Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Beginner, Just want to be outside as much as possible, kids getting to the age where they want to go camping more. Can't wait! to do some longer and bigger trips!
Hi Turbo Lam and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: TalonTheToyota

Eric Martin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bossier City, LA
Member #

Hello all. New to the experience and trying to learn what I can. Found the site from doing some research on YouTube.

I'm currently in NW Louisiana. Originally from the NW (Oregon).
The rig is a 2015 JKU, pretty stock for the time being.
My experience level is zero right now. Just getting started and trying to learn as much as I can.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all. New to the experience and trying to learn what I can. Found the site from doing some research on YouTube.

I'm currently in NW Louisiana. Originally from the NW (Oregon).
The rig is a 2015 JKU, pretty stock for the time being.
My experience level is zero right now. Just getting started and trying to learn as much as I can.
Hi Eric and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

yamabear

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

alabama
Hi there, Jason Perkins here from just north of Birmingham, Al. Had a least one foot or tire on a trail for last 30+ years. Not much of a rock crawler since most of my rides still have to double as commuter vehicles. Can sometimes be found exploring on two wheels (2008 Yamaha FJR). My rig is a 2015 Nissan Frontier (mostly stock for now) and a homemade camper. Although we do take the camper off the beaten path, we usually just leave it as a base camp. Love"Built not Bought" rigs and gear. Not very experienced with forums, but i'll do my best to correspond. Looks like a great group and mission statement.
DSCN4318.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi there, Jason Perkins here from just north of Birmingham, Al. Had a least one foot or tire on a trail for last 30+ years. Not much of a rock crawler since most of my rides still have to double as commuter vehicles. Can sometimes be found exploring on two wheels (2008 Yamaha FJR). My rig is a 2015 Nissan Frontier (mostly stock for now) and a homemade camper. Although we do take the camper off the beaten path, we usually just leave it as a base camp. Love"Built not Bought" rigs and gear. Not very experienced with forums, but i'll do my best to correspond. Looks like a great group and mission statement.
View attachment 40146
Hi Jason and welcome to OB! Nice looking Frontier! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

jlday70

Rank 0

Traveler I

East TN
26112.jpeg
2015 Tacoma the day it became mine
Experience: I am new to over landing but I have been traveling the highways and byways of this country since 2001 living out of my vehicle and hotels for work. I became interested in the over land craze recently and hope to get out on the trails soon.

John

Reactions: Chadlyb and Taco 16