Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Rig: 1993 Toyota pickup 4x4 with a 22re and 5 speed manual that my great grandfather handed down to me

Experience: Novice. I’ve been exploring and camping my entire life but have yet to make use of overlanding, I hope that can change soon

Currently just trying to scrape together cash to build my truck!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi kjones and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Dario Carrera

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Hello Guys and Gals! Ill take the opportunity to introduce myself around these parts. I'm Dario, in Caracas, Venezuela (or whats left of it). At the moment I own two Land Cruisers, a 2004 FZJ80 (yes 2004, they were manufactured here until 2oo7) and we never got the 100 Series. I also own a 2008 200 series. I have been overlanding on and off for almost 15 years so I consider myself a somewhat experienced overlander. IMHO becoming an Experienced overlander is always a work in progress! I hope I can be of assistance to other overlanders in the area!

fullsizeoutput_2f59.jpegfullsizeoutput_3182.jpeg

Be safe!

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Guys and Gals! Ill take the opportunity to introduce myself around these parts. I'm Dario, in Caracas, Venezuela (or whats left of it). At the moment I own two Land Cruisers, a 2004 FZJ80 (yes 2004, they were manufactured here until 2oo7) and we never got the 100 Series. I also own a 2008 200 series. I have been overlanding on and off for almost 15 years so I consider myself a somewhat experienced overlander. IMHO becoming an Experienced overlander is always a work in progress! I hope I can be of assistance to other overlanders in the area!

View attachment 39750View attachment 39751

Be safe!
Hi Dario and welcome to OB Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jaun98

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Michigan
First Name
John
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

View attachment 39750View attachment 39751

Be safe!
Welcome .

Reactions: Dario Carrera

Jaun98

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Michigan
First Name
John
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

Hello folks
Newbie here to forum participation..(always just lurked never joined anything)
And new to the Overlanding community.
Camped ..hiked.. rv/car camped ..nothing too intense.
Looking forward to participating in overlanding activities.

My rig:
4x4 ram1500. Crew cab ecodiesel.
Bilstein 5100..(maxed 2.1) rear...
Nitto EXOgrappler on stock 20"
Undercover Ridgelander cargo hardtop..
..work in progress...for it is an everyday..Jack of all trades( kids, grocery, commute ..ect) rig.[W
Hello folks
Newbie here to forum participation..(always just lurked never joined anything)
And new to the Overlanding community.
Camped ..hiked.. rv/car camped ..nothing too intense.
Looking forward to participating in overlanding activities.

My rig:
4x4 ram1500. Crew cab ecodiesel.
Bilstein 5100..(maxed 2.1) rear...
Nitto EXOgrappler on stock 20"
Undercover Ridgelander cargo hardtop..
..work in progress...for it is an everyday..Jack of all trades( kids, grocery, commute ..ect) rig.
Welcome Milo. Hope to see ya on the trails..

Azul

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hey everybody. Greetings.
My name is Azul originally from Los Angeles and now residing In Albuquerque NM.
Had a Jeep Wrangler but now have a 2nd Gen Tacoma. Rtt, and basic gear.
Visit a lot of remote spots in ndn country so this overlanding really sparked interest! Looking to drive in to somewhere ride or run some trails... rest a night or two and head back to civilization.
Looking to add Onboard air soon, just not sure what... then a bumper and winch next year sometime.
I’ll post pics of my rig soon- it’s in commuter mode now... lol

Reactions: Chadlyb

kmonty66

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

La Honda
Member #

Hello All, another newbie to the site and looking forward to soaking up all your knowledge! Looking forward to the next local/Close to me meet up so I can see all of your hard work!.

A little about my rig.
1988 FJ62 152k miles converted to a 5spd with the Original 3FE. I just purchased a RTT with awning and full annex. I will take delivery on that in December. So now I have to do some searching on how/what kind of trips I will be taking.

I'm located in La Honda work in Cupertino and my 62 is my daily driver!

Cheers!

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everybody. Greetings.
My name is Azul originally from Los Angeles and now residing In Albuquerque NM.
Had a Jeep Wrangler but now have a 2nd Gen Tacoma. Rtt, and basic gear.
Visit a lot of remote spots in ndn country so this overlanding really sparked interest! Looking to drive in to somewhere ride or run some trails... rest a night or two and head back to civilization.
Looking to add Onboard air soon, just not sure what... then a bumper and winch next year sometime.
I’ll post pics of my rig soon- it’s in commuter mode now... lol
Hi Azul and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

AAV

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bulverde, TX
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
V
Member #

Hello! My name is Adrian. I guess I'll just go right down the list:

1) Picture: 20161023_084240_HDR.jpg
2) Location: I live in the San Antonio TX area.
3) Rig: I drive a 2002 Chevy Avalanche. My set up is a GM Avalanche truck tent that turns my truck into a micro RV.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: SUPER NOVICE. I have done a lot of vehicle travel in terms of highway miles and car camping. I am currently doing a lot of tent truck camping and stealth camping. I have almost zero off road experience but am looking forward to learning.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

1) Picture: View attachment 39796
3) Rig: I drive a 2002 Chevy Avalanche. My set up is a GM Avalanche truck tent that turns my truck into a micro RV.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: SUPER NOVICE. I have done a lot of vehicle travel in terms of highway miles and car camping. I am currently doing a lot of tent truck camping and stealth camping. I have almost zero off road experience but am looking forward to learning.
Hi Adrian and welcome to OB! Nice looking Avalanche! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: skully

skully

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JNM

1) Picture: View attachment 39796
Welcome aboard. Corpus area here.

Sent from my SM-T350 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: AAV

SoulCA

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Laguna Hills, CA, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Hastie
Member #

What up. Craig here.
From Aliso Viejo, CA.
Drive a 2011 Subaru Outback. Just starting the process of customizing it etc. Looking for any and all recommendations on everything from what type of lift to any other part or upgrade suggestions.
Have some but very limited Overlanding experience. Enjoy getting out in the sierras when I have time and doing some fly fishing.

Oz75

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Whittier CA
Member #

Hey guys! My family and I have always enjoyed camping and road trips. I look forward to taking advantage of all the resources OB has to offer.
Rig: 2017 Tacoma dclb trd off-road 4x4
Experience: minimal off roading experience.

Reactions: JCW6 and Chadlyb