Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

What up. Craig here.
From Aliso Viejo, CA.
Drive a 2011 Subaru Outback. Just starting the process of customizing it etc. Looking for any and all recommendations on everything from what type of lift to any other part or upgrade suggestions.
Have some but very limited Overlanding experience. Enjoy getting out in the sierras when I have time and doing some fly fishing.
Hi SoulCA and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys! My family and I have always enjoyed camping and road trips. I look forward to taking advantage of all the resources OB has to offer.
Rig: 2017 Tacoma dclb trd off-road 4x4
Experience: minimal off roading experience.
Hi Oz75 and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Oz75

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Guys and Gals! Ill take the opportunity to introduce myself around these parts. I'm Dario, in Caracas, Venezuela (or whats left of it). At the moment I own two Land Cruisers, a 2004 FZJ80 (yes 2004, they were manufactured here until 2oo7) and we never got the 100 Series. I also own a 2008 200 series. I have been overlanding on and off for almost 15 years so I consider myself a somewhat experienced overlander. IMHO becoming an Experienced overlander is always a work in progress! I hope I can be of assistance to other overlanders in the area!

View attachment 39750View attachment 39751

Be safe!
Hello Dario and welcome to the OB crew..good looking rigs..look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Dario Carrera

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everybody. Greetings.
My name is Azul originally from Los Angeles and now residing In Albuquerque NM.
Had a Jeep Wrangler but now have a 2nd Gen Tacoma. Rtt, and basic gear.
Visit a lot of remote spots in ndn country so this overlanding really sparked interest! Looking to drive in to somewhere ride or run some trails... rest a night or two and head back to civilization.
Looking to add Onboard air soon, just not sure what... then a bumper and winch next year sometime.
I’ll post pics of my rig soon- it’s in commuter mode now... lol
Hello Azul and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello All, another newbie to the site and looking forward to soaking up all your knowledge! Looking forward to the next local/Close to me meet up so I can see all of your hard work!.

A little about my rig.
1988 FJ62 152k miles converted to a 5spd with the Original 3FE. I just purchased a RTT with awning and full annex. I will take delivery on that in December. So now I have to do some searching on how/what kind of trips I will be taking.

I'm located in La Honda work in Cupertino and my 62 is my daily driver!

Cheers!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello! My name is Adrian. I guess I'll just go right down the list:

1) Picture: View attachment 39796
2) Location: I live in the San Antonio TX area.
3) Rig: I drive a 2002 Chevy Avalanche. My set up is a GM Avalanche truck tent that turns my truck into a micro RV.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: SUPER NOVICE. I have done a lot of vehicle travel in terms of highway miles and car camping. I am currently doing a lot of tent truck camping and stealth camping. I have almost zero off road experience but am looking forward to learning.
Hello Adrian and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking set up and looking forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: AAV

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

What up. Craig here.
From Aliso Viejo, CA.
Drive a 2011 Subaru Outback. Just starting the process of customizing it etc. Looking for any and all recommendations on everything from what type of lift to any other part or upgrade suggestions.
Have some but very limited Overlanding experience. Enjoy getting out in the sierras when I have time and doing some fly fishing.
Hello Craig and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys! My family and I have always enjoyed camping and road trips. I look forward to taking advantage of all the resources OB has to offer.
Rig: 2017 Tacoma dclb trd off-road 4x4
Experience: minimal off roading experience.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures...

Reactions: Oz75

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello folks
Newbie here to forum participation..(always just lurked never joined anything)
And new to the Overlanding community.
Camped ..hiked.. rv/car camped ..nothing too intense.
Looking forward to participating in overlanding activities.

My rig:
4x4 ram1500. Crew cab ecodiesel.
Bilstein 5100..(maxed 2.1) rear...
Nitto EXOgrappler on stock 20"
Undercover Ridgelander cargo hardtop..
..work in progress...for it is an everyday..Jack of all trades( kids, grocery, commute ..ect) rig.
Hello Milo and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Finally joined after lurking for quite a while;

Go by middle name "Eric" with friends, others call me Jim! It's a southern thing :unamused:

Rig: 2002 Ford Ranger 4x4 with Yakima RTT on Yakima bed rail set-up,
Experience: Not a novice but not an Expert... so guess I'm sorta "dangerous"???
Bride and I (see avitar) are both retired, yes we did it early :smiley:
Former rock climbers/backpackers,
Transitioned into 4x4 world of camping and exploring in the last year (+),
Home: Atlanta, GA,
Hello Eric and welcome to the OB crew..glad you're out of hiding..look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Rig: 1993 Toyota pickup 4x4 with a 22re and 5 speed manual that my great grandfather handed down to me

Experience: Novice. I’ve been exploring and camping my entire life but have yet to make use of overlanding, I hope that can change soon

Currently just trying to scrape together cash to build my truck!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi! I'm Brandon Valentine. I live in Nashville, TN, and have been into overlanding for the past couple of years ever since acquiring my current rig:

1987 Jeep Comanche Chief
4.0L AW-4 auto, factory D44 rear, HP D30 front, NP231
Wildernest camper out back rhinolined black with a National Luna Power Pack, 45qt Engel fridge, and Partner Steel stove on adventure trailer slides

I currently run a Warn 9500 CTI on Hansen front/rear bumpers, and 32" Maxxis Bighorns on Moab wheels. The rig has a 4.5" lift from Hell Creek with custom Deaver leaf springs in the rare to accommodate the extra weight of the camper / battery / fridge / etc.

I mostly do the weekend warrior thing around TN/KY/NC, etc, but have done a few bigger trips in the last few years:

One to Sonoma County, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Canyonlands, Rocky Mountain
Another to Sante Fe / Taos / San Juan Mountains / Pagosa Springs / Wolf Creek
Across Ontario in January (brr)

I'm here to meet other folks in my area who are into the hobby so I can plan some bigger trips that are hard to do solo.

Here's a few photos of my rig:

Hello Brandon and welcome to the OB crew..sweet looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: bval

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi @ All
my Name is Franky
1.) Zürich Swizerland
2.) 2004 Mercedes Gwagon
3.)

10 years off-road tours. Still working as an instructor for G class offroad training at Mercedes Driving Events
Hello Franky and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Gwagon and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi I'm Kevin. Live in Southern California. I've been 4Wheeling and Dual Sport Motorcycling for 25 years.

Current Rig: 2016 AEV Brute Double-Cab

I spend a lot of time exploring in the four corners area and the Southwest. Look forward to being part of the Overland Bound Community.
View attachment 39602 View attachment 39603
Hello Kevin and welcome to the OB crew..sweet looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey, I'm Brian, live in the bay area.
Drive a 94 Ford Explorer, more based on go fast goods, but has 4wd and is a great do all type vehicle.
Slowly modifying it to make it more organized and fun to camp out of. Just did a 4 day camping trip out of it doing the Mojave Road. Planning a Death Valley trip in the spring.
Hello Brian and welcome to the OB crew..good looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello, Rock here from Las Vegas NV. Just starting out with 4wheelin. My current rig is a 1997 Jeep ZJ Laredo with the 5.2L. Bought it bone stock in December 2016. Put a 3.5 inch lift on it and some 31 inch tires and replaced a lot of wearable items (too many to list) in a effort to make it more reliable. I'm just about done with the maintenance portion of the build and have decided to start building for overlanding.
Hello Rock and welcome to the OB crew good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Tim and I very pleased to be a part of the Overland community.
I am new here to this type of communication. So please be patient with me.
I have spent many decades in factories and I am retired. I have a 1997 Chevy Suburban that I am working on to use for getting out there. Made my first go at it in October for a week long outing. Mostly checking out my camp setup and gear. Did not do any serious off road. The roads where I went though are for coal mining and access to camp areas. There are no services at all. So Mabry I should look into some satellite gear? Looking forward to getting it together. As you may guess when you are retired you have the time, but you are on a fixed income.
Hello Tim and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Greetings Overland Bound Team.

I've been overlanding since 1990 when I bought a Toyota 4x4 truck and ran it into the ground exploring the northern Sierra's, ghost towns all over Nevada and most of the way down the Baja Peninsula. Work, getting married, traveling around the world, having kids necessitated more practical family friendly form of transportation so no more truck. We raised our kids to be tough and my teenage girls love to camp, hike, surf, mountain bike and backpack and it was time to go back to my truck loving roots.

I now drive a 2010 Tacoma 4 door 2.5" lift on 35" TAs with a heavy OME suspension that can literally carry a ton of cement with no problems. I am so happy to have a capable truck again that can take me back into the places I love and find new ones and wild areas with my friends and family. I"m looking forward to learning from this group, getting involved in some meetups and being outside exploring.

Check this out, by coincidence my member # is 8595 and my license plate has that number, what are the chances? I guess I belong here.

Cheers Hans Sommer

View attachment 39565 View attachment 39566
Hello Hans and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures