Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Mfreeman14

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Habra Ca
Member #

Hey everyone I am also new to overlanding just bought a new 2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 off-road. not new to out door adventures been involved with boy scouts for 20 years so looking forward to the new adventures with overlanding community I am in orange county on the Los Angeles county border. Looking forward to meeting new friends. See you out there! By the way I'm Mike

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone I am also new to overlanding just bought a new 2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 off-road. not new to out door adventures been involved with boy scouts for 20 years so looking forward to the new adventures with overlanding community I am in orange county on the Los Angeles county border. Looking forward to meeting new friends. See you out there! By the way I'm Mike
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice platform to overland and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Hello: we live in Colombia, and are currently in Kenya at the tail end of a nine month trip from Nairobi to Capetown and back. We have a Land Cruiser series 80 for this trip, have a Mitsubishi Montero at home, and in the past have travelled widely in various vehicles (Europe, Asia, North America, Central America). We did an eleven month trip around South America a few years ago, with a Nissan X-trail.
Nairobi to Capetown and back! I'm going to need pictures! When you have time, maybe post in the past trips thread. I'd love to hear all about it.

soarvet

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buford, GA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to Overlanding. Grew up in Colorado and California, so I was outdoors most of my childhood. Always loved going out with my dad. Now I'm in Atlanta, GA which is totally different. I find there is not a lot of public land like out west. I have a 2017 Toyota Tundra that I just purchased and want to spend some quality time with my 5 year old son. I'm former Army Special Operations, so you could say I've "camped" quite a bit. I'm always ready to learn more and advance my skill craft. Look forward to meeting some of you out there on the trails and sharing experiences and gaining more knowledge.

Attachments

Reactions: kg6zjl and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to Overlanding. Grew up in Colorado and California, so I was outdoors most of my childhood. Always loved going out with my dad. Now I'm in Atlanta, GA which is totally different. I find there is not a lot of public land like out west. I have a 2017 Toyota Tundra that I just purchased and want to spend some quality time with my 5 year old son. I'm former Army Special Operations, so you could say I've "camped" quite a bit. I'm always ready to learn more and advance my skill craft. Look forward to meeting some of you out there on the trails and sharing experiences and gaining more knowledge.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..thank you for your service and sacrifice...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: soarvet

project_ajax

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
20170707_190011.jpg Hello all,

Been following along for quite a while on various Youtube channels. Love going outdoors, and being in nature. I am in Central North Florida, Osceola Forest area.
I drive a 2011 F150 FX4 modifying for offroad/camping use. Looking to meet new Overland members and learn as much as I can about new products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chadlyb

Gigante87

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi, i'm Marco from Italy!
I have found "Overlandbound" channel on instagram, and after a few research, i found this forum.
Sorry for my bad english. I'm not so bravo, but i study to improve. (you say me if i write wrong!:grin:)

When i read the first post of this tread, for introduce the general ideas of this gruop at new members, i agree in toto and i think i have found "my home" for offroad and exploring personal think.

My rig is a Nissan Terrano II. It isn't commercialized in USA, but it has the same chassie and IFS from Nissan Pathfinder '87 my. In asia market it is sold with "Nissan Mistral" name.
I make da SAS mod in front, because the IFS was too fragile for heavy offroad.

I live in the nord-est of Italy, near to Slovenia and Austria.
In Italy we haven't so many place for make freedom adventures, there are many law that prohibit to drive on offroad roads:disappointed:. Fortunatly in near Slovenia (and the other nations at est from here), is more permissive!:wink:

I will so happy to meet new people in this forum!

Regards!!:innocent:06082016-5D0A1694.jpg

Adam Schalow

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bedford, VA
Member #

Hey everyone, Adam here! You also might know me as @Overland_History on Instagram or just Overland History on Facebook.

I'm from Virginia Beach, VA originally, however, I now live in Bedford, VA, where Blue Ridge Overland Gear is based. I handle all Sales and Marketing for the Company, and also run our recently opened Retail Store.

My XJ is a '94 4dr 5spd with 236K miles on it currently. You may have seen it featured in a 10 page spread of a recent issue of Tread Magazine.

Anyways, happy to be part of such a great and vast community like this one, and looking forward to meeting more members that I have yet to!

Cheers!

IMG_3787.JPG
IMG_3751.jpg
46F8B426-F72B-4CE5-A169-0774A3DAD493.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 38251 Hello all,

Been following along for quite a while on various Youtube channels. Love going outdoors, and being in nature. I am in Central North Florida, Osceola Forest area.
I drive a 2011 F150 FX4 modifying for offroad/camping use. Looking to meet new Overland members and learn as much as I can about new products.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice Ford...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi, i'm Marco from Italy!
I have found "Overlandbound" channel on instagram, and after a few research, i found this forum.
Sorry for my bad english. I'm not so bravo, but i study to improve. (you say me if i write wrong!:grin:)

When i read the first post of this tread, for introduce the general ideas of this gruop at new members, i agree in toto and i think i have found "my home" for offroad and exploring personal think.

My rig is a Nissan Terrano II. It isn't commercialized in USA, but it has the same chassie and IFS from Nissan Pathfinder '87 my. In asia market it is sold with "Nissan Mistral" name.
I make da SAS mod in front, because the IFS was too fragile for heavy offroad.

I live in the nord-est of Italy, near to Slovenia and Austria.
In Italy we haven't so many place for make freedom adventures, there are many law that prohibit to drive on offroad roads:disappointed:. Fortunatly in near Slovenia (and the other nations at est from here), is more permissive!:wink:

I will so happy to meet new people in this forum!

Regards!!:innocent:View attachment 38257
Hello Marco...nice Nissan and set up...looking forward to seeing your adventures in Italy

Reactions: kg6zjl

Dave_McNaughton

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Assiniboia Saskatchewan Canada
First Name
David
Last Name
McNaughton
Member #

Hi everyone. Been on and off this site for awhile. Stepped up and became a paid member. I love overlanding for the adventure it gives me and the healthy stress relief and and ability to unwind it gives me. I have been proudly wearing overland bound stickers for a few years looking forward to installing my badges tonightScreenshot_20171006-101825.jpg

Reactions: Chadlyb

Quenga

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Everyone,

Below is a picture of my rig and my nephews. Pic is just about 2 years old, and that's probably the last time I went off-roading. Maybe 1 or 2 trips since then, but I have not camped with this vehicle since I bought it! That is a tragedy, but my wife and I are finally in a position to head out more often... as often as we can I hope.

Stats:
2001 Land Cruiser, 158k miles... only 7k are mine over the past two years!
Zero modifications, Zero experience.
We currently live in Scottsdale, AZ; she's from San Diego, CA and I grew up in Sacramento, CA.
My dream car was a Discovery and I'd love to move back to Northern California. She always wanted a Grand Cherokee and to stay in San Diego. But, we ended up getting a Land Cruiser and moving to Arizona. That's life!

I have a small YouTube channel that has mostly just been about detailing cars, but I'm looking to make it into a channel about building out this rig, our travels, and sharing what I learn along the way. Next weekend, will be our first camping trip in over two years and our goal is to get away at least one weekend a month and a couple weeks during the deathly hot Summer's here in AZ.

TRL DMG1

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chicago
Member #

Looks like I get to be first to introduce myself!

Rig: 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee
Experience: Mediocre.. lol :) Just an Overland nerd!
Hello Michael nice to meet. How's everything in Cali. I've seen some good trails in the wonder no more machine in California. I'm going to have to make it out there.

Boerboel313

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Clemente, CA
Member #

Hi all, Chris and Amy.
# 8166
San Clemente, CA
VIC: 1984 Fj60, (Tombi) have owned since 04 when she was stock with 48,000 miles. Tombi is now heavily modified.
Experience: seasoned. Have deployed all over the world.
Why: we love the outdoors and all it has to offer.
I'm from VA with Amy hailing from WA.
Hope to see you all on the trail
TREAD LIGHTLY!!!!!
Resized952017102795171207.jpg Resized952017102795172006.jpg Resized952017102795171259.jpg

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

Hi all, Chris and Amy.
# 8166
San Clemente, CA
VIC: 1984 Fj60, (Tombi) have owned since 04 when she was stock with 48,000 miles. Tombi is now heavily modified.
Experience: seasoned. Have deployed all over the world.
Why: we love the outdoors and all it has to offer.
I'm from VA with Amy hailing from WA.
Hope to see you all on the trail
TREAD LIGHTLY!!!!!
View attachment 38288 View attachment 38289 View attachment 38290
That was fast. I need to get on the team.
Lukasz

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk