• HTML tutorial

ChewBaccus

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

West Des Moines, IA
Member #

Hello all!

My name is Joel. I recently moved near Des Moines, Iowa this Summer from Northern CA. What a huge change! There's not many mountains in this region. And technically only one "mountain" in all of Iowa. I guess I've been living under a rock these past couple years, because I just found out about Overlanding a week ago. I own a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel that I purchased in April. It's pretty much bone stock right now, but I look forward to outfitting it with some adventure gear in the near future.

If anybody is in the area, feel free to look me up! I have a long driveway and power hookups. Plus, I always have beer in the cooler.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi there, names Leslie from Anaheim, Ca
2010 Toyoda fj cruiser. Have some mods ive done, gad her for about 4 years now, i grew up fishing and love the outdoors . The girlfriend and i have some overloading experience. We are looking forward to meeting new people and making new memoriesView attachment 38098View attachment 38099View attachment 38100

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Hey Leslie and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ and like the action pics! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings All! Northern Comi-fornia born and raised. I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with some functional upgrades (Lift / Tire / Wheel, Scuba Mods, On-board Air, Dual Battery, Comms upgrades, etc.); however, continue to research and build this vehicle for long term adventures. I explored the southwestern Colorado territory while in the stationed at Fort Carson. The fiance and I now travel thousands of miles on and off-road exploring the best the west coast offers, and always seek new adventures. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to the long extended travel adventures, but have a pretty solid off-road base that I want to build upon. I hope to gain that knowledge from all of you. I learned a few things as a Cavalry Scout in the US Army with a couple of extended Adventure Travels to Afghanistan. Thank you to the OB Crew for establishing this community, I look forward to discovering knowledge nuggets from all of you.

View attachment 38105
View attachment 38106
Hi FJScout and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 38109 Hello Everyone! I’m Will aka. Sacairwilco. I’ve been a longtime fan of The Overland Bound YouTube channel and a novice Overlander myself. I can’t wait to to learn more and find new places to explore!

Rigs: 2007 Nissan Frontier CrewCab
2001 Chevy Suburban 1500
(And on the hunt for a project Jeep JKU)
Hey Wil and welcome to OB! Nice looking Frontier! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all!

My name is Joel. I recently moved near Des Moines, Iowa this Summer from Northern CA. What a huge change! There's not many mountains in this region. And technically only one "mountain" in all of Iowa. I guess I've been living under a rock these past couple years, because I just found out about Overlanding a week ago. I own a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel that I purchased in April. It's pretty much bone stock right now, but I look forward to outfitting it with some adventure gear in the near future.

If anybody is in the area, feel free to look me up! I have a long driveway and power hookups. Plus, I always have beer in the cooler.
Hi Joel and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

My name is Zach. I am from North Alabama and my girlfriend and I are currently working on a build. The build is an 05 5 speed manual subaru outback. I have hopes to get on one of these trips in the coming year! So far we have a roof rack on the way, a two inch lift in the cart, and a cb radio ready to be installed.
Hi Zach and welcome to OB! Nice looking Outback! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

My name is Mike, I am new to overlanding, i am in Southern California I have been involved in the Boy Scouts off and on for the last 20 years. I just purchased a new 2017 Tacoma 4x4 TRD off road last Wednesday so perfect transition to overlanding just starting to add to my rig, am building a trailer, looking forward to my first trip
Hey Mike and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2008 4runner SR5 4wd

Previous Vehicle: 2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Sport

Overland Experience: Novice

Why Overlanding?: I have always enjoyed being outdoors and exploring new places. Mountain biking and camping are two of my favorite activities. I’d like to be able to do more exploring with my family which is the main reason I traded in my 2wd access cab Tacoma for the 4Runner. I’m really looking forward to meeting some like minded folk and finding some trails to explore although it seems like FL has more mud to offer than trails.

Here’s a shot of my old Tacoma.

Hi FLnative and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: FLnative

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 38153 Hi all,
Matt and Alex here. Not new to camping or off-roading but pretty much FNGs to the overlanding world. We are located in Virginia and are usually rollin around in the Chupacabra (modified 95 Subaru Impreza) or the Radio Flyer (95 Subaru Legacy wagon-red). We're excited to be a part of the community and hopefully do some meet-ups and trips.
Hi Matt and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

G`Day OB

Paul here AKA Lostinafog member #7976.
been offloading & rock crawling since the late 80`s started out in a 1976 Plymouth Trailduster .
current OLV`s 1996 80 fully locked 12k warn on 35`s ,1983 Toyota Trailblazer fully locked 9.5k warn 31`s as I won`t cut the front fenders ;-).

Ran the HWMT a couple weeks ago with a good friend Chris in his double cab Tundra. see he has also joined CRB357.!
Hi Paul and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello: we live in Colombia, and are currently in Kenya at the tail end of a nine month trip from Nairobi to Capetown and back. We have a Land Cruiser series 80 for this trip, have a Mitsubishi Montero at home, and in the past have travelled widely in various vehicles (Europe, Asia, North America, Central America). We did an eleven month trip around South America a few years ago, with a Nissan X-trail.
Hi Alanymarce and welcome to OB! Nice looking Land Cruiser! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey OB family, this is Brandon with my first post. My first vehicle ever was an 88 Jeep Cherokee and I've been a Jeep fanboy ever since. I have been wanting a Wangler Unlimited pretty much since the first one hit the pavement, and finally bought a 2010 JKU Sport a couple of months ago. Like a lot of new Jeep owners, I hit the internet and started watching all the Youtube channels I could. I already knew I wanted to take this thing off road as it's meant to be, but thought of myself as more of an explorer rather than a "rock crawler" and ultimately became obsessed with binge watching the "iamjake" channel. (shoutout to @Jake Wettern | iamjake for all of the inspiration one could ask for)

Fast forward a few months, I'm now avidly watching all kinds of overlanding videos and following the channels, and decided I'm going to take the Trans-American Trail from the east coast to the west coast and am giving myself 6 weeks to do it so I can properly document, film, and write about the trip. I just received my Overland Bound emblem and am excited member #8207 officially today.

Will be a budget build mostly, and so far I've only upgraded the front bumper which will support the winch I'm buying this week. Repairs so far have included exhaust, front and rear brakes, CV joint, and front axle U Joints. So far I've added a heavy duty recovery-style front bumper and will be ordering a winch this week. Planned mods are roof rack, rear bumper and tire carrier, 2.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires, dual battery system, and armor.

Will be looking to start day 1 of the trip in May, and will spend some extra time in Colorado to hit trails that aren't part of the TAT. I'm happy to have the support of an awesome community, and while I'm a bit of an introvert, I expect to be involved in the forums here and overlanding events leading up to my journey.
Hey Brandon and thank you for the shout out - really appreciate it!! Welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU and can't wait to see update pic of your build! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey y’all!

My wife and I just bought a 2018 Cherokee trailhawk (our first Jeep). We’re both completely new at all this and are beginning our overlanding journey as weekend warriors for the time being. If we both love it there will be bigger and better vehicles built in the future but for now we are starting small. I’m here to learn and hopefully find some good connections with like minded folks.
Hi OverlandKY and welcome to OB! Nice looking Trailhawk! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Zach. I'm originally from OR, but currently live in MA and am hoping to network with some like-minded people. Finding trails is a lot harder in MA than anywhere back west, so I am hoping this will help. I have a 2014 TRD Sport Tacoma that I have done some work to, with more to come. I am definitely a DIY'er, though I know when a project is beyond my capabilities. I Grew up in rural OR and learned how to drive, 4 wheel, camp (overland), and explore with my father in his trusty FJ40. I would say I am not a beginner, but by no means an expert. I'm definitely looking forward to getting involved here.
Hey Zach and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Taco Zach

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone I am also new to overlanding just bought a new 2017 Tacoma TRD 4x4 off-road. not new to out door adventures been involved with boy scouts for 20 years so looking forward to the new adventures with overlanding community I am in orange county on the Los Angeles county border. Looking forward to meeting new friends. See you out there! By the way I'm Mike
Hey Mike and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to Overlanding. Grew up in Colorado and California, so I was outdoors most of my childhood. Always loved going out with my dad. Now I'm in Atlanta, GA which is totally different. I find there is not a lot of public land like out west. I have a 2017 Toyota Tundra that I just purchased and want to spend some quality time with my 5 year old son. I'm former Army Special Operations, so you could say I've "camped" quite a bit. I'm always ready to learn more and advance my skill craft. Look forward to meeting some of you out there on the trails and sharing experiences and gaining more knowledge.
Hi soarvet and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tundra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 38251 Hello all,

Been following along for quite a while on various Youtube channels. Love going outdoors, and being in nature. I am in Central North Florida, Osceola Forest area.
I drive a 2011 F150 FX4 modifying for offroad/camping use. Looking to meet new Overland members and learn as much as I can about new products.
Hey Ajax and welcome to OB! Nice looking F150! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!