Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Good Afternoon!
Very new to Overlanding. I am hoping to join a network of Overlanders near me.

Location Albany Oregon
Rig: 2010 FJ Cruiser

Look forward to learning more about Overlanding from this community!

Bill
Welcome Bill, I'm sure there are plenty overlanders near you .

Chase F

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys,

- I'm Chase
- Surprise, AZ
- 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 -- lifted 6", electronic lockers, bed cage, Smittybilt XL RTT, etc. (not the typical OL rig)
- Active duty military
- did a lot of wheeling back in high school, then went overseas for some time. Just got back in the game, this time I'm bringing my family along.

Ive already seen 3/4's of the world, might as well finish seeing the rest. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Zol

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Daemon
Last Name
Cade
Member #

Hello

Lets see...

Location everywhere! I move a lot, in fact, I've moved over thirty times in the twenty-eight years I've been alive.

Mostly lived on the NE coast of the US.
I currently reside in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I've started living out of my truck this summer and honestly... I can't think of a good reason to ever go back! I'm loving the freedom and lack of chains!

Oh right, my rig is:
2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

It's still completely stock but as soon as I can put the money together its getting the full overhaul, lift, tires, roof rack, steel bumpers, winch, and all.

Michigan is a very boring, flat, and uninspiring place to hike. If anyone knows any good overlanding spots feel free to let me know!

I'm heading over to Colorado to overland the rockies if I can manage to make the move this coming summer!

Thanks for having me. :)

Attachments

05renagade

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys/gals I'm new to over landing I just recently got in to it! I love to off road and I do like camping so when I started learning about over landing I figured this was gonna be something I'd definitely love! My rig is mild, but just like everyone else I'm slowly building. Hoping to meet some of yall and learn as well!

Rig:2005 (Lifted )Jeep Liberty
Experience: Novice

Reactions: DanR and Chadlyb

Trogdor

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Raleigh, NC
Member #

Hi! I'm Victoria. I live in Raleigh, NC.

I've got two Jeeps--a 2002 Wrangler Sahara with 4" lift, 33s, winch, lights, and Hi Lift, and a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that's totally stock.

I used to live in Alaska in the early 80's and wandered around there a bit, but the overland bug really bit about 15 years ago when I got into adventure motorcycling. Some medical issues took me out of the saddle after 30 years of riding, so I'm continuing on with four wheels.

I took a 4WD 101 and 4WD 202 class from Uwharrie Offroad Training Center, as well as a winch class, and just attended my 2nd Jeep Jamboree. I've been driving the 02 Sahara, nicknamed "Trogdor", to learn how to drive the trails at Uwharrie and Big Creek. So now that I've got a bit of training and experience with the Jamborees and trail rides, I'm ready to start building the 06 Rubicon for overland travel. I'm on a tight budget so there won't be a lot of bling, but hopefully a lot of miles.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Rig: 2006 Tacoma Pre-runner with ARB locker and winch for just in case. Never can be too careful!

Experience: Intermediate experience, spent many of my high school and college days out on the trail. Did 6 years in the Air Force and recently moved back to Arizona with the desire to explore more of the state.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great to have another Toy on board....thank you for your service and sacrifice..look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Good Afternoon!
Very new to Overlanding. I am hoping to join a network of Overlanders near me.

Location Albany Oregon
Rig: 2010 FJ Cruiser

Look forward to learning more about Overlanding from this community!

Bill
Hello northwest neighbor and welcome to the OB crew...

SHUTTERSPEED

Rank 0

Traveler I

Just noticed there was an actual thread for first timer introductions, sorry for making my own thread (for of habit from other forums).

Rig: 2000 Honda CRV EX AWD
Experience: I literally haven't even been camping.

My love for cars and racing pushed me off-road after a few friends convinced me to join them

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys,

- I'm Chase
- Surprise, AZ
- 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 -- lifted 6", electronic lockers, bed cage, Smittybilt XL RTT, etc. (not the typical OL rig)
- Active duty military
- did a lot of wheeling back in high school, then went overseas for some time. Just got back in the game, this time I'm bringing my family along.

Ive already seen 3/4's of the world, might as well finish seeing the rest. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Hello Chase and welcome to the OB crew..great rig ...thank you for your service and sacrifice..

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello

Lets see...

Location everywhere! I move a lot, in fact, I've moved over thirty times in the twenty-eight years I've been alive.

Mostly lived on the NE coast of the US.
I currently reside in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I've started living out of my truck this summer and honestly... I can't think of a good reason to ever go back! I'm loving the freedom and lack of chains!

Oh right, my rig is:
2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

It's still completely stock but as soon as I can put the money together its getting the full overhaul, lift, tires, roof rack, steel bumpers, winch, and all.

Michigan is a very boring, flat, and uninspiring place to hike. If anyone knows any good overlanding spots feel free to let me know!

I'm heading over to Colorado to overland the rockies if I can manage to make the move this coming summer!

Thanks for having me. :)
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Zol

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys/gals I'm new to over landing I just recently got in to it! I love to off road and I do like camping so when I started learning about over landing I figured this was gonna be something I'd definitely love! My rig is mild, but just like everyone else I'm slowly building. Hoping to meet some of yall and learn as well!

Rig:2005 (Lifted )Jeep Liberty
Experience: Novice
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi! I'm Victoria. I live in Raleigh, NC.

I've got two Jeeps--a 2002 Wrangler Sahara with 4" lift, 33s, winch, lights, and Hi Lift, and a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that's totally stock.

I used to live in Alaska in the early 80's and wandered around there a bit, but the overland bug really bit about 15 years ago when I got into adventure motorcycling. Some medical issues took me out of the saddle after 30 years of riding, so I'm continuing on with four wheels.

I took a 4WD 101 and 4WD 202 class from Uwharrie Offroad Training Center, as well as a winch class, and just attended my 2nd Jeep Jamboree. I've been driving the 02 Sahara, nicknamed "Trogdor", to learn how to drive the trails at Uwharrie and Big Creek. So now that I've got a bit of training and experience with the Jamborees and trail rides, I'm ready to start building the 06 Rubicon for overland travel. I'm on a tight budget so there won't be a lot of bling, but hopefully a lot of miles.
Hello Victoria and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone,

Rig: 2016 4Runner Trail Edition
Experience: Novice. I occasionally go camping but nothing too crazy yet. I just started building my rig to be able to handle a few trails.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...glad to add another Toy...

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Just noticed there was an actual thread for first timer introductions, sorry for making my own thread (for of habit from other forums).

Rig: 2000 Honda CRV EX AWD
Experience: I literally haven't even been camping.

My love for cars and racing pushed me off-road after a few friends convinced me to join them

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...so my question to you is ,is there a table in the back of your rig? and when do I get it?haha...i learned on here that there is one and can't wait to add it to my gear as conversation piece...even have a official Honda parts sticker to put on it..look forward to seeing your build and adventures :astonished::sunglasses:

UncleJesse

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Mirada, California
Member #

Hi all:

1) Irvine, CA (Orange County Area / Southern CA)
2) 2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 10A / Anvil / AEV 3.5" lift, AEV bumpers, / Gobi rack / 35" tires
3) Novice overland experience. Occasional overnight desert trips in the past. No serious off-roading yet

Looking forward to some amazing trips, meeting new people, and getting out there. Anyone live near me, hit me up, lets plan a trip or do some recovery practice at Holy Jims or something.

@irvinemike
Welcome my name is Jesse , I am from La Mirada ca. OB#7003. Have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma. I am trying to add a bunch of electrical to my truck. Also looking for some help and fun. Take care.

Reactions: Chadlyb

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Just want to introduce myself,
I am Benz. That is my nickname.. I started "wheeling" in home made gocarts and dune buggies when I was 11 or 12, on the beach at the Washington Coast. Eagle Scout, Pathfinders, Yeti Mountaineer, backpacker, hiker and camper, fly fisherman too. When my friends would put money into their cars and trucks, I was buying some new tent or outdoor gear. Because of my love of the outdoors, I always drove something that was 4 wheel drive. I have been an Overlander before it was a thing! Now, with kids gone, wife and I are separated, have health issues, and cannot work, I have more time to travel. I have wanted to build a vehicle that I could sleep in but still get into some out of the way places. My truck and light camper work great, but for me, less is more! About 3 years ago I bought a FZJ80 Toyota Landcruiser. Love the truck, but it sure loves the gas! So I sold a built CJ7 and went back into a Jeep Cherokee, with a twist. My Cherokee is powered by a 617 Mercedes Benz 5 cylinder motor. Now, I can have the mileage and sleep in my truck too.

So, if you are over by Lake Chelan, WA. and need a place to "dry" camp, get ahold of me and come up for a visit. Benz.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Just want to introduce myself,
I am Benz. That is my nickname.. I started "wheeling" in home made gocarts and dune buggies when I was 11 or 12, on the beach at the Washington Coast. Eagle Scout, Pathfinders, Yeti Mountaineer, backpacker, hiker and camper, fly fisherman too. When my friends would put money into their cars and trucks, I was buying some new tent or outdoor gear. Because of my love of the outdoors, I always drove something that was 4 wheel drive. I have been an Overlander before it was a thing! Now, with kids gone, wife and I are separated, have health issues, and cannot work, I have more time to travel. I have wanted to build a vehicle that I could sleep in but still get into some out of the way places. My truck and light camper work great, but for me, less is more! About 3 years ago I bought a FZJ80 Toyota Landcruiser. Love the truck, but it sure loves the gas! So I sold a built CJ7 and went back into a Jeep Cherokee, with a twist. My Cherokee is powered by a 617 Mercedes Benz 5 cylinder motor. Now, I can have the mileage and sleep in my truck too.

So, if you are over by Lake Chelan, WA. and need a place to "dry" camp, get ahold of me and come up for a visit. Benz.
Hello Benz and welcome to the OB crew...great rig and look forward to seeing your adventures..we are neighbors and would love to drop by and chat...

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Chadlyb,
That would be great, I lived in College Place and went to school there. Worked at WallaWalla General and ST. Mary's too. Had a lot of fun wheeling in the Blue Mountains!

Reactions: Chadlyb