• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thank

thanks man gotta say my daughter and I have been enjoying following all your travels and she's a bit in love with your Annie . So awesome to see you exploring in what's really a super simple setup , can't wait to see what's in store next on your travels
That's so awesome and really appreciate you following my journey! Who know's what opportunities will present themselves. I never thought I'd be going to Mexico! Thank you for your support!

Reactions: SLO Rob

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice Toy...looking forward to seeing your build and adventures
Well actually this is as far as the build is going , the sequoia is going up for sale this week . The soon to be fiancé and I are hoping to buy a house in the next year so any bill I can get rid of I will . Going to replace it with hopefully if I can find a good one a 3/4 Ton 91 suburban . Need something that can tow my cj5/brute/Toyota/Frankenstein of a project when it's all done .

Reactions: DanR and SLO Rob

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

This is hopefully what the end product will look like , I'm about 70% there .it Will be a real happy day when it's on the road again because I grew up in this thing , dads the only owner bought it new in 73 and I spent most my younger days in it out in the woods and after many redoes of my younger stupidity it's on the right track to bring together again :)IMG_3400.PNG

HTJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

JBLM
Member #

Hey guys, my name is Hunter. New member, badge number 7203. I'm stationed here in Washington at Fort Lewis. My rig is a 1997 Jeep Wrangler that I had shipped out here from New Hampshire. Definitely looking to switch to the dark side and get a tacoma at some point...Excited to be here!
DSC_2038.JPG DSC_1994.JPG

nickharding84

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Illinois
Member #

First post! Found this page on my search for idea's building out my trailer. Located in Central Illinois, not too much to do around this way but spent a decade in the Army all over the place and have plans for a few trips out west, Colorado and New Mexico in particular. I'm an avid outdoorsmen, kayaker and shooting sport enthusiast. This winter I plan on converting my 5x8 utility trailer that's already been converted once to haul kayaks to now haul a RTT I'm planning on purchasing this spring along with a couple kayaks. Currently have a 2016 Surbaru Outback and a 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys, my name is Hunter. New member, badge number 7203. I'm stationed here in Washington at Fort Lewis. My rig is a 1997 Jeep Wrangler that I had shipped out here from New Hampshire. Definitely looking to switch to the dark side and get a tacoma at some point...Excited to be here!
View attachment 37812 View attachment 37813
Hello Hunter and welcome to the OB crew...nice Jeep. You won't be disappointed with getting a Toy. Thank you for your service and sacrifice neighbor. Look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

First post! Found this page on my search for idea's building out my trailer. Located in Central Illinois, not too much to do around this way but spent a decade in the Army all over the place and have plans for a few trips out west, Colorado and New Mexico in particular. I'm an avid outdoorsmen, kayaker and shooting sport enthusiast. This winter I plan on converting my 5x8 utility trailer that's already been converted once to haul kayaks to now haul a RTT I'm planning on purchasing this spring along with a couple kayaks. Currently have a 2016 Surbaru Outback and a 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport.
Hello Nick and welcome to the OB crew..nice rigs and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: nickharding84

425TWGPilgrum

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Enfield Connecticut
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Auretta
Member #

Hi everyone! I’m Paul, in Enfield Connecticut, and very new to overlanding. I used to go on some mild trails when I first got my truck but it has been a long time. I’m pumped to get back out! My current daily is a 2001 Subaru Forester 5 speed with a 1” lift and a couple other little add ons. I still have my first truck, a 1987 Toyota 4Runner that has seen better days, and just picked up a stock 1998 4runner to go with it. I’m very pleased to have found this group and look forward to new adventures!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

View attachment 37812 View attachment 37813
Good looking jeep , why get rid of it for a Tacoma ?

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Greetings,
I am new here. Currently I do not have an overland rig, but I am looking to change that in the next year. My family and I have been doing mostly car camping out in state parks and I am looking to expand our experiences. I grew up doing overlanding in Missouri but we didn't call it that back then.
You really don't need a overlanding rig to explore , I had a 89 Toyota Camry that probably saw more gravel road then most " overlanding rigs " do . Having a dedicated rig is nice but there's so much to see without having one .

HTJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

JBLM
Member #

Good looking jeep , why get rid of it for a Tacoma ?
I want something that is more streetable, my wrangler has the 2.5L 4 cylinder and it's a dog on the highway. I want something comfortable to drive down to see my brothers in Oregon. AC would be a cool feature too

Ag4R_8224_IAN

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Rafael, California
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Ag4R
Member #

Hi Everyone!

Name: Ian Serra
Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad

I just moved here in the States, origin is from Philippines. I love camping, traveling and exploring places! I have no extreme overlanding experience, mostly camping with my wife, visiting national parks and camping along the way, done the Utah Mighty 5 with my Ex-Camry, traded to my 4R now. I want to learned and do overlanding and pursue my love ofdiing outdoor activities! And I want this to be added in my family's traditon.

Thank you!

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone! I’m Paul, in Enfield Connecticut, and very new to overlanding. I used to go on some mild trails when I first got my truck but it has been a long time. I’m pumped to get back out! My current daily is a 2001 Subaru Forester 5 speed with a 1” lift and a couple other little add ons. I still have my first truck, a 1987 Toyota 4Runner that has seen better days, and just picked up a stock 1998 4runner to go with it. I’m very pleased to have found this group and look forward to new adventures!
Hello Paul and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: Ag4R_8224_IAN

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Everyone!

Name: Ian Serra
Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad

I just moved here in the States, origin is from Philippines. I love camping, traveling and exploring places! I have no extreme overlanding experience, mostly camping with my wife, visiting national parks and camping along the way, done the Utah Mighty 5 with my Ex-Camry, traded to my 4R now. I want to learned and do overlanding and pursue my love ofdiing outdoor activities! And I want this to be added in my family's traditon.

Thank you!
Hello Ian and welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Ag4R_8224_IAN

Avilaj54

Rank I

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
J
Last Name
A

Rig: 2006 Tacoma Pre-runner with ARB locker and winch for just in case. Never can be too careful!

Experience: Intermediate experience, spent many of my high school and college days out on the trail. Did 6 years in the Air Force and recently moved back to Arizona with the desire to explore more of the state.

Reactions: DanR and Chadlyb