Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hi Everyone!

My name is Pete and I am very new to the overland community. I have camped all my life and often used Jeeps for recreational off road but never blended the two. This just seems to be the perfect balance for me and the values of the OB community is exactly my shared opinion. In fact it resulted in a last minute trip to Overland Expo East and I picked up my OB member emblems too!

I'm located in Bradford, Ontario, Canada and my vehicle is definitely as vintage unit. 1948 Willys CJ2A with a kubota turbo diesel and bantam trailer with RTT. I'm a jeep guy at heart!

Looking forward to being a member and hopefully meet some of you on the trails!

Pete
Hey Pete. I'd like to see some pics of the 2a. We are working on our 48 still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm completely new to overlanding, but definitely not to the idea. I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD OR with lots of mods planned over the winter. As my username suggests I'm based out of Iowa. -Jon
Welcome! What part of Iowa are you from? I’m originally from Johnston but go to school in Dubuque right now.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

BackroadPurpose

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville
Member #

From Nashville, but my wife and I sold our house and quit our jobs. Traveling the United States for a year
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Bought stock. Now turned into a pretty livable rig.
Bought of the FJ as our first 4x4 vehicle and have gone on numerous trail riding trips. Have done quite a bit of technical stuff but still no where near of confident as I want to be.

Attachments

JJCollins

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Hey everyone. I am brand new to the overlanding concept. I do enjoy camping but never have done car or overlanding camping. I just got a 2017 4Runner TRD Off Road. I plan on upgrading many parts, assuming my wife gives me the go ahead of course!IMG_0402.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone. I am brand new to the overlanding concept. I do enjoy camping but never have done car or overlanding camping. I just got a 2017 4Runner TRD Off Road. I plan on upgrading many parts, assuming my wife gives me the go ahead of course!View attachment 36680
Hi JJ and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Adventures of Maldo

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Yo OB new member here! Have been watching Michael and Corrie on their you tube adventures and building the OB empire for a couple years now finally purchased membership last week. Dont know my # yet... Hope to meet like minded folks in my area as well as across the country. One life Live it! Lets go overlanding!
Welcome Hawklr4 you should be getting an email with your member number in it soon.

Reactions: Adventures of Maldo

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hello all.
New member from N.Hartland, Vt.
My current ride is a 2012 E250 with some mods for light off roading, interior built out for camping( still in progress).
I plan on building up my 98 5.9 ZJ very soon to be my new adventure rig.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Hey there grngiant,welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: grngiant

Tractorak

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hello everyone I am from Anchorage, Alaska and I currently have a 2016 4runner trail edition. I have been enjoying it and getting out hunting and camping with the family.

Attachments

Last edited:

NicholsPack

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carrollton, VA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Nicholson
Member #

Hello hello!

My family and I have always been lovers of the outdoors. I've got a fair amount of experience with overland and general off road travels. My last rig was built more for obstacles, but as the needs of the family changed, so has the vehicle of choice. We are currently transitioning from a 2011 fully armored Tacoma, to a 93 land cruiser.

Pic for attention

Always be Mobile

The Rig, 93 Landcruiser
Build in progress

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello hello!

My family and I have always been lovers of the outdoors. I've got a fair amount of experience with overland and general off road travels. My last rig was built more for obstacles, but as the needs of the family changed, so has the vehicle of choice. We are currently transitioning from a 2011 fully armored Tacoma, to a 93 land cruiser.

Pic for attention

Always be Mobile

The Rig, 93 Landcruiser
Build in progress
Hello and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Mike D.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

Name: Mike D.
Rig: '14 Toyota Tacoma- Stock
Skill Level: n00b

Busy work schedules keep my better half (Jessica) and I pretty busy. But as the little one gets older, we have decided that taking time for us and getting away from the daily hustle and bustle is what we want and the annual family camping trip just isn't cutting it. Our current rig is a 2014 stock Toyota Tacoma and is my daily driver. It is 2WD but it is all we have access to at the time. We aren't quite sure which direction to go in, so any and all advice would be welcome. We have seen how help full and just outright amazing this community is and we are excited to join!

Reactions: John D.