Launch Member

Contributor II

Saint Augustine, St. Johns County, Florida, United States
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Gibson
Member #

I am new to the overlanding community and so far I have found it full of amazing people. I am currently driving a 17 4Runner. Currently building up to do a portion of the trans-American trail. Well at least see how far we will make it.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I am new to the overlanding community and so far I have found it full of amazing people. I am currently driving a 17 4Runner. Currently building up to do a portion of the trans-American trail. Well at least see how far we will make it.
Hi Dwrld and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Sounds like one amazing trip! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hey there Dwrld and welcome to Overland Bound !! I'm sure you'll love it.

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

He
Yo OB new member here! Have been watching Michael and Corrie on their you tube adventures and building the OB empire for a couple years now finally purchased membership last week. Dont know my # yet... Hope to meet like minded folks in my area as well as across the country. One life Live it! Lets go overlanding!
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque!

Reactions: Dwrld

Traveler I

Hey guys new to the forum. I'm from north Texas and have been into camping and off road adventures all my life. I am about to rebuild my 1992 F150 into my dream overland truck so me and my wife can get out and see this beautiful country we live in. I'll get into details later....maybe a build thread?!? I also go out on two wheels on my dual sported ktm 450 xcf. Looking forward to meeting more like minded people.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: DanR

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys new to the forum. I'm from north Texas and have been into camping and off road adventures all my life. I am about to rebuild my 1992 F150 into my dream overland truck so me and my wife can get out and see this beautiful country we live in. I'll get into details later....maybe a build thread?!? I also go out on two wheels on my dual sported ktm 450 xcf. Looking forward to meeting more like minded people.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi jrsadventures1 and welcome to OB! Your F150 is going to make a nice overland rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Overland MD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Maple Valley, WA
Member #

Hey everyone,
My name is Michael and just joined the community!
I live in the pacific northwest, Maple Valley, WA
I drive a '05 GMC Sierra
I am novice level in overlanding. I have spent a lot of time in the outdoors backpacking and camping. I am excited to meet others and get out more!!

Reactions: Eugene_RUS

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone,
My name is Michael and just joined the community!
I live in the pacific northwest, Maple Valley, WA
I drive a '05 GMC Sierra
I am novice level in overlanding. I have spent a lot of time in the outdoors backpacking and camping. I am excited to meet others and get out more!!
Hi Michael and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Overland MD

Overlandtundra

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chocowinity North Carolina
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Hosemonkey143

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bradford, Ontario
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Brouwer
Member #

Hi Everyone!

My name is Pete and I am very new to the overland community. I have camped all my life and often used Jeeps for recreational off road but never blended the two. This just seems to be the perfect balance for me and the values of the OB community is exactly my shared opinion. In fact it resulted in a last minute trip to Overland Expo East and I picked up my OB member emblems too!

I'm located in Bradford, Ontario, Canada and my vehicle is definitely as vintage unit. 1948 Willys CJ2A with a kubota turbo diesel and bantam trailer with RTT. I'm a jeep guy at heart!

Looking forward to being a member and hopefully meet some of you on the trails!

Pete

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone!

My name is Pete and I am very new to the overland community. I have camped all my life and often used Jeeps for recreational off road but never blended the two. This just seems to be the perfect balance for me and the values of the OB community is exactly my shared opinion. In fact it resulted in a last minute trip to Overland Expo East and I picked up my OB member emblems too!

I'm located in Bradford, Ontario, Canada and my vehicle is definitely as vintage unit. 1948 Willys CJ2A with a kubota turbo diesel and bantam trailer with RTT. I'm a jeep guy at heart!

Looking forward to being a member and hopefully meet some of you on the trails!

Pete
Hi Pete and welcome to OB! Nice rig!! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!