• HTML tutorial

RR_JKR17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego, CA
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Reggie and I'm from San Diego, CA. I've been into the outdoors for quite some time with a background of surfing, climbing, camping, hiking, and traveling abroad. I have a goal of backpacking the Pacific Crest Trail at some point next year.

I drive a stock 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2017. I chose the 2 door vs the 4 door mainly because it forces me to think as a minimalist. I plan to keep this rig for as long as I possibly can and will eventually pass it down once I'm too old to drive it. I haven't had the chance to do any modifications besides taking out the backseat and adding a rear cargo liner. My first choice of purchases will be a roof rack and an RTT.

I've driven a few beginner trails and would love to learn from other overland enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

IMG_3173.jpgIMG_3172.jpgIMG_3348.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Chadlyb

RR_JKR17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego, CA
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Reggie and I'm from San Diego, CA. I've been into the outdoors for quite some time with a background of surfing, climbing, camping, hiking, and traveling abroad. I have a goal of backpacking the Pacific Crest Trail at some point next year.

I drive a stock 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2017. I chose the 2 door vs the 4 door mainly because it forces me to think as a minimalist. I plan to keep this rig for as long as I possibly can and will eventually pass it down once I'm too old to drive it. I haven't had the chance to do any modifications besides taking out the backseat and adding a rear cargo liner. My first choice of purchases will be a roof rack and an RTT.

I've driven a few beginner trails and would love to learn from other overland enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

View attachment 35479View attachment 35480View attachment 35481

IMG_3400.jpg

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello everyone,

View attachment 35479View attachment 35480View attachment 35481

Hello Reggie from the Inland Empire. Welcome to the OB family! You should look into the San Diego Jeep Club out your way...they get out a lot and have a ton of helpful members as well. See ya out on the trails brother!

Reactions: RR_JKR17

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi everyone I’m new to overlanding but I’m really interested to learn mor

I lived in Clarksville,TN but I’m originally from Phoenix,AZ / my rig is a 2017 4runner sr5 i don’t really have a lot of things done to it, I’m still learn but so far it has a leveling kit and KO2 tires 285 TRD pro skid plate and TRD pro rims View attachment 35477
Hello Gdcastro03 from Southern California. Welcome to OB and nice rig you have. My daughter goes to Alabama and I hope to make a few trip out that way for an adventure...see ya on the trails!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Jake, I follow your YouTube channel, say hi to Annie for me! If you are ever in Florida we should hit the croom trails. Also a few spots to drive onto the beach by my house in Jacksonville.
Thanks so much that's awesome of you! Glad to have you along on this journey!

If you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Thank you for your support and following my journey!

Jake

Ole Tom

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Virginia
Member #

I'm Tom Wilson and live in southeast Virginia.

I currently have a 2012 Ford F-350. My wife and I have used this rig to haul a Fifth Wheel camper across country and back a couple of times. We generally have used this to stay in state parks, typical campgrounds and RV parks. While we have enjoyed the experiences, we are looking to simplify and seek out new adventures and experiences by Overlanding. We are undecided as to whether to outfit and keep the F-350 or possible purchase a Wrangler to utilize.
But, for now we are excited and throwing our gear in back and heading out.

I have been an avid off-roader, hunter, fisherman and have generally just loved the outdoors since a young boy.
So, any suggestions and advise to help us get started would be welcomed and appreciated

Thanks,
Ole Tom

Reactions: Carnivore

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I'm Tom Wilson and live in southeast Virginia.

I currently have a 2012 Ford F-350. My wife and I have used this rig to haul a Fifth Wheel camper across country and back a couple of times. We generally have used this to stay in state parks, typical campgrounds and RV parks. While we have enjoyed the experiences, we are looking to simplify and seek out new adventures and experiences by Overlanding. We are undecided as to whether to outfit and keep the F-350 or possible purchase a Wrangler to utilize.
But, for now we are excited and throwing our gear in back and heading out.

I have been an avid off-roader, hunter, fisherman and have generally just loved the outdoors since a young boy.
So, any suggestions and advise to help us get started would be welcomed and appreciated

Thanks,
Ole Tom
Hi Tom and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

KarrbonFiber

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Karr
Member #

Hello,

My name is Brandon and I'm from Cincinnati, OH. I've been into the outdoors my entire life, but as I've gotten older there is a stronger urge to get back into the outdoors.

I found Overland Bound through iamjake and the Overland Bound YouTube channels

I plan on transforming my 2001 Ford Ranger Edge Super Cab 4.0 4X4 into my trail/overland rig. I've owned her since 2003 and it was my first vehicle and I still drive her. With less than 150k miles you'd think It'd be perfect but thanks to Ohio winters she needs a little love. Now's a better time than ever to transform it. I've done very few mods to it since I've owned it.

I've never actually been on a vehicle trail, since I never wanted to wheel my only means of transportation. However since I just bought my first new vehicle I'm willing to do so.

I'm looking forward to expand my knowledge and meet some great people along the way.

Reactions: Carnivore

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello,

My name is Brandon and I'm from Cincinnati, OH. I've been into the outdoors my entire life, but as I've gotten older there is a stronger urge to get back into the outdoors.

I found Overland Bound through IAMJAKE and the Overland Bound YouTube channel.

I plan on transforming my 2001 Ford Ranger Edge Super Cab 4.0 4X4 into my trail/overland rig. I've owned her since 2003 and it was my first vehicle and I still drive her. With less than 150k miles you'd think It'd be perfect but thanks to Ohio winters she needs a little love. Now's a better time than ever to transform it. I've done very few mods to it since I've owned it.

I've never actually been on a vehicle trail, since I never wanted to wheel my only means of transportation. However since I just bought my first new vehicle I'm willing to do so.

I'm looking forward to expand my knowledge and meet some great people along the way.
Hi Brandon and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ranger! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

J.J. Flatt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Escondido, CA
Member #

Hello!
My name is JJ! Originally from upstate NY/Vermont. Lived all over and currently have been living in Houston, TX for the past 8.5 years. I spent most of my 20's & 30's hitchhiking and traveling around trying to see as much of this beautiful country as possible! I, at one time, bought a 1972 Volkswagen bus w/ a pop up top. I loved that thing but it wasn't great in the winter so I parked it under a carport. One night it dumped (!) 3 feet of wet snow that froze by morning. The carport collapsed and not only crushed my bus but also my dreams of restoring "Stella". Anyway, fast forward many years. I move to a Houston suburb, got married, had a little girl, snoozy desk job. Typical, safe, Boring. As it happens my wife and I split. Well, one day this summer in the sweltering Texas heat, my crusty Ford Explorer overheated and caught on fire! Next morning I'm ubering from dealership to dealership and there's nothing I like. Then, when I was about to give up, I walk out and see a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser! I've always loved the look of them- like a Tonka truck I had as a child, lol. So anyway, after hours of YouTube (did I mention boring desk job?) I discovered overlanding and eventually Overland Bound! I'm actually headed West to NorCal for a contract job. Maybe be there for 2-3 weeks or 3 months or more. It just depends. I have a long way to go to get her Trail ready but all good things right? Anyway, glad to be here and hopefully meet up with as many of you good people in the near future!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello!
My name is JJ! Originally from upstate NY/Vermont. Lived all over and currently have been living in Houston, TX for the past 8.5 years. I spent most of my 20's & 30's hitchhiking and traveling around trying to see as much of this beautiful country as possible! I, at one time, bought a 1972 Volkswagen bus w/ a pop up top. I loved that thing but it wasn't great in the winter so I parked it under a carport. One night it dumped (!) 3 feet of wet snow that froze by morning. The carport collapsed and not only crushed my bus but also my dreams of restoring "Stella". Anyway, fast forward many years. I move to a Houston suburb, got married, had a little girl, snoozy desk job. Typical, safe, Boring. As it happens my wife and I split. Well, one day this summer in the sweltering Texas heat, my crusty Ford Explorer overheated and caught on fire! Next morning I'm ubering from dealership to dealership and there's nothing I like. Then, when I was about to give up, I walk out and see a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser! I've always loved the look of them- like a Tonka truck I had as a child, lol. So anyway, after hours of YouTube (did I mention boring desk job?) I discovered overlanding and eventually Overland Bound! I'm actually headed West to NorCal for a contract job. Maybe be there for 2-3 weeks or 3 months or more. It just depends. I have a long way to go to get her Trail ready but all good things right? Anyway, glad to be here and hopefully meet up with as many of you good people in the near future!

Hello JJ and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Wesley smith

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Junction city kansas
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0KIS
Service Branch
Retired Army
Hi everyone, my name is Wesley and I live in Kansas. I am a retired Army Medic and an avid outdoorsman. Hiking, camping, and kayak fishing are my favorites. I have a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I haven't off road much, but have driven all over the country camping and fishing.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Wesley and I live in Kansas. I am a retired Army Medic and an avid outdoorsman. Hiking, camping, and kayak fishing are my favorites. I have a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I haven't off road much, but have driven all over the country camping and fishing.
Hello Wesley and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Wesley smith

Overland Labs

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey Everyone! Long time lurker. Owner/Founder of the Outfitter Overland Labs in Big Bear Lake, CA, avid, hunter, camper and explorer. Am kind of nuts about all things vehicle camping. Just sold my Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series and bought a 2011 SR5 which is currently bone stock (not for long). Plenty of pics of that build to come.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Everyone! Long time lurker. Owner/Founder of the Outfitter Overland Labs in Big Bear Lake, CA, avid, hunter, camper and explorer. Am kind of nuts about all things vehicle camping. Just sold my Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series and bought a 2011 SR5 which is currently bone stock (not for long). Plenty of pics of that build to come.
Welcome to OB! Looking forward to pictures of your build! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!