Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

New member to this forum

Rigs: 2004 BMW R1150 GSA and 2007 Ford E-350 6.0PSD Sportsmobile 4x4.
Experience: Experienced
Hello Bruce and Welcome to OB! I hope you share some of your photography expertise here on the forums!

Reactions: hddalvine

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hello everyone, I have been around for a few months but never introduced myself.
I overland out of the Bakersfield CA area (Just north of LA) I travel large distances for trips and you could find me just about anywhere for a run.
My rig is a Yellow 2009 Jeep JKU with Gobi Stealth Rack, Overland Pros Mojave RTT, winch, bumpers and many more mods.
As for experience I come from a primarily rock crawler background and am moving more toward overlanding for very remote camping. (you likely won't find me anywhere you pay to camp)
I am always down for an adventure feel free to drop me a line anytime. I am almost always able to join a weekend trip. Looking forward to meeting many of you at the Mojave rd #2 Rally Point.

Hello Bandit and thanks for introducing yourself! Fantastic pics!!

Reactions: hddalvine

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi everyone! I just signed up to join the OB group and I'm very excited about it!

Some info about me:

My name is Sarah. My pup Moulson is usually my trusty co-pilot when my boyfriend Kevin is not in town. He's really the one who has turned me on to adventuring and offroading. We are huge campers and explorers so getting my 4Runner has been an extra bonus for us!

1) Picture: See attached...my pup tends to make cameos in a lot of my pictures so far! :) View attachment 35459View attachment 35460
2) Location: I'm located in Tempe, AZ. I do a lot of travelling up to Northern AZ and to Orange County, CA.
3) Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner Sr5...yes, they matter too, haha!
4) Experience: I am very much a novice when it comes to my overlanding experience. I have always been an outdoors girl who likes to travel in and out of the country. Since I have gotten my 4Runner, I have been non-stop travelling and trying to find trails that I can play on. I'm still stock everything but am really hoping joining this group can give me some tips and tricks to mods. I'm hoping to at least get a new suspension system, tires, and wheels soon. Gotta start off slow though since I picked an expensive hobby! :) I look forward to meeting everyone and getting some guidance along the way! Cheers!
Welcome Sarah! Nice to see another female overland here! This is an awesome community so don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and jump into the conversations.

Jason A. Brueggen

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Clayton, NC
Member #

Member 5271 here.
Name: Jason A. Brueggen
Rigs: 1996 4Runner Limited, 1997 4Runner SR5 5 speed
My family and I love exploring trails whenever possible. Both rigs capable of wheeling but the 96 is built for more difficult terrain. I'm a bit of an introvert so I don't go to meets usually if I don't know anybody but I'd love to meet some locals that don't bash each other b/c of what they drive and how they drive it.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Member 5271 here.
My family and I love exploring trails whenever possible. Both rigs capable of wheeling but the 96 is built for more difficult terrain. I'm a bit of an introvert so I don't go to meets usually if I don't know anybody but I'd love to meet some locals that don't bash each other b/c of what they drive and how they drive it.
Hi Jason and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Reggie and I'm from San Diego, CA. I've been into the outdoors for quite some time with a background of surfing, climbing, camping, hiking, and traveling abroad. I have a goal of backpacking the Pacific Crest Trail at some point next year.

I drive a stock 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2017. I chose the 2 door vs the 4 door mainly because it forces me to think as a minimalist. I plan to keep this rig for as long as I possibly can and will eventually pass it down once I'm too old to drive it. I haven't had the chance to do any modifications besides taking out the backseat and adding a rear cargo liner. My first choice of purchases will be a roof rack and an RTT.

I've driven a few beginner trails and would love to learn from other overland enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

View attachment 35479View attachment 35480View attachment 35481

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hello Reggie ....welcome

Reactions: RR_JKR17

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello!
My name is JJ! Originally from upstate NY/Vermont. Lived all over and currently have been living in Houston, TX for the past 8.5 years. I spent most of my 20's & 30's hitchhiking and traveling around trying to see as much of this beautiful country as possible! I, at one time, bought a 1972 Volkswagen bus w/ a pop up top. I loved that thing but it wasn't great in the winter so I parked it under a carport. One night it dumped (!) 3 feet of wet snow that froze by morning. The carport collapsed and not only crushed my bus but also my dreams of restoring "Stella". Anyway, fast forward many years. I move to a Houston suburb, got married, had a little girl, snoozy desk job. Typical, safe, Boring. As it happens my wife and I split. Well, one day this summer in the sweltering Texas heat, my crusty Ford Explorer overheated and caught on fire! Next morning I'm ubering from dealership to dealership and there's nothing I like. Then, when I was about to give up, I walk out and see a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser! I've always loved the look of them- like a Tonka truck I had as a child, lol. So anyway, after hours of YouTube (did I mention boring desk job?) I discovered overlanding and eventually Overland Bound! I'm actually headed West to NorCal for a contract job. Maybe be there for 2-3 weeks or 3 months or more. It just depends. I have a long way to go to get her Trail ready but all good things right? Anyway, glad to be here and hopefully meet up with as many of you good people in the near future!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hello JJ....welcome

Reactions: J.J. Flatt

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Member 5271 here.
Hello Jason.....welcome

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all member 4057 here. My name is James i'm from north east Oregon. I drive a not so stock 1st gen explorer. Ive always loved camping and all things outdoors. When I found overlanding I had just lost my father and to be quite honest myself. it gave me something to keep my mind off of things. I have three kids 10 6 and 3 all go with me anytime they can. My wife only when we camp at a campground lol we've put many miles on our rig mostly local trips within 200 mi radius. looking forward to visiting family in Bakersfield next year and hit up some places where i grew up. Hope to see you all on the trail!View attachment 35446View attachment 35447
Hello James....well you are definitely my closest neighbor and member...got a good friend in Milton Freewater and drive there often....

Kokopelli Fr

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Near Bordeaux France
First Name
Alain
Last Name
Bacala
Member #

Hello from the south west of France, near Bordeaux, yes the wine area :yum: I have built a "slide on" on my 2015 Ford Ranger 2.2 l extra cab and have spent at least sixty or seventy nyghts in it but it's still in process. My next trip will bee in the pyrennées mountains at the border of Spain. Excuse my spelling that might be hazardous but I don't practise anymore my englich writting. Well that's all for the moment. If you have questions you are welcome. Take care.
Alain

Reactions: DanR

rake

Rank 0

Traveler I

New member here

Name: Rick
Vehicles: 1998 Toyota Landcruiser, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 2010 Subaru Imprezza

Novice offroader/overlander. Recently acquired the Landcruiser with 147,000 miles and bone stock. Looking for suggestions for local shops that can install parts to make it more trailworthy. Bumpers, winch, suspension, front locker and such.
The wife and I are both retired and looking forward to exploring and spending time outdoors.

Reactions: DanR and Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New member here

Name: Rick
Vehicles: 1998 Toyota Landcruiser, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 2010 Subaru Imprezza

Novice offroader/overlander. Recently acquired the Landcruiser with 147,000 miles and bone stock. Looking for suggestions for local shops that can install parts to make it more trailworthy. Bumpers, winch, suspension, front locker and such.
The wife and I are both retired and looking forward to exploring and spending time outdoors.
Hi Rick and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!