Drew
Last Name
Sherwood
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KV50
Service Branch
Kern Valley SAR
Hello everyone, I have been around for a few months but never introduced myself.
I overland out of the Bakersfield CA area (Just north of LA) I travel large distances for trips and you could find me just about anywhere for a run.
My rig is a Yellow 2009 Jeep JKU with Gobi Stealth Rack, Overland Pros Mojave RTT, winch, bumpers and many more mods.
As for experience I come from a primarily rock crawler background and am moving more toward overlanding for very remote camping. (you likely won't find me anywhere you pay to camp)
I am always down for an adventure feel free to drop me a line anytime. I am almost always able to join a weekend trip. Looking forward to meeting many of you at the Mojave rd #2 Rally Point.

Jason Mainville

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Hey Gang,
I am a long time outdoors type person, but have just recently started getting into over landing. I currently use a 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ as my camping/hunting vehicle. I have my current build progress on this thread here https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/desert-stormtrooper-236630/

Looking forward to getting to know some neat people on here and spending more time exploring places I have not been!
-Jason

ovrlndxj

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Glens Falls NY
Member #

I believe you either get an email that confirms your membership or there is a forum that you can request that Michael or one of the other staff to turn it on.

Procrastination is a grave in which opportunity is buried. - unknown

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Mine says the same thing...can someone help me out with that please...thank you :)

thatmaceguy

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dallas, TX 75218
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Mace
Member #

Hey everyone,

Joining y'all from Dallas, TX. We just got a 2017 4Runner Limited in July. Lots of road-trip, camping, and backpacking experience but never offroad except for geology field work in western Nevada. We'll be fixing that soon though! Planning to make a few upgrades and run the Georgia Traverse in April!

Last edited:

stevemick

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Steve from the Inland Empire...welcome to OB! So the previous owner didn't take the time to remove their emblems or can something like that be transferred. I have heard they are a pain to remove once on a rig. Hope to see ya out on the trails.
Thanks you too! Previous owner didn't remove and it's a 0800 number, just got word that it can't be transferred so I'll be getting my own badge, heatgun and scraper should work, don't really care about the paint though lol

Reactions: NightCrawler

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd best say hello in here. Just got my number through and really stoked to be part of such a community.
I'm Alex and I'm from Hastings on the South Coast of England. Had my LR Discovery 3 (LR3) for nearly 5 years now and always loved long trips in the car and offroading so the two combined together have fuelled my passion for Overlanding.

Was obsessed with the Camel Trophy expeditions since a very young age and love anything with an adventurous spirit. My next overlanding trip is hopefully across from Britain through France and to Spain over the Pyrenees mountains soon, something I've been planning for a couple of years.

Really looking forward to meeting up with some fellow OBers and discussing things on here some more.

Alex
Welcome from Southern California...it is nice to have you in our OB community.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello everyone, I have been around for a few months but never introduced myself.
I overland out of the Bakersfield CA area (Just north of LA) I travel large distances for trips and you could find me just about anywhere for a run.
My rig is a Yellow 2009 Jeep JKU with Gobi Stealth Rack, Overland Pros Mojave RTT, winch, bumpers and many more mods.
As for experience I come from a primarily rock crawler background and am moving more toward overlanding for very remote camping. (you likely won't find me anywhere you pay to camp)
I am always down for an adventure feel free to drop me a line anytime. I am almost always able to join a weekend trip. Looking forward to meeting many of you at the Mojave rd #2 Rally Point.

Welcome Bandit from the Inland Empire. Nice to have you aboard even if you have been in the shadows for the first few months. Hope to see you out on the trails.

Reactions: Bandit

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hey Gang,
I am a long time outdoors type person, but have just recently started getting into over landing. I currently use a 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ as my camping/hunting vehicle. I have my current build progress on this thread here https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/desert-stormtrooper-236630/

Looking forward to getting to know some neat people on here and spending more time exploring places I have not been!
-Jason
Hello Jason from Southern California. Welcome to OB! I too am working on an XJ as my overland rig. Hope to see you out on the trails someday!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Mine says the same thing...can someone help me out with that please...thank you :)
If you have an OB# then you can go to the forum called "Have an OB emblem, upgrade your account" and post your number. They will upgrade you once you do that.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd best say hello in here. Just got my number through and really stoked to be part of such a community.
I'm Alex and I'm from Hastings on the South Coast of England. Had my LR Discovery 3 (LR3) for nearly 5 years now and always loved long trips in the car and offroading so the two combined together have fuelled my passion for Overlanding.

Was obsessed with the Camel Trophy expeditions since a very young age and love anything with an adventurous spirit. My next overlanding trip is hopefully across from Britain through France and to Spain over the Pyrenees mountains soon, something I've been planning for a couple of years.

Really looking forward to meeting up with some fellow OBers and discussing things on here some more.

Alex
Hi Alex and welcome to OB! Nice looking LR! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Scarab

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Bandit and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

AddHawkins

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Addison
Last Name
Hawkins
Member #

Hi, very new to both the OB community and overlanding in general. Love to get outside with my family. Camping, SUP, kayaking, cycling, hiking, etc etc. Previously we were in St. Louis Missouri, where it was hard to get many places, but now we are in the beautiful state of Michigan; Grand Rapids specifically. Looking forward to many years of traveling north and getting outdoors!

I inherited a 2005 Honda Pilot which I am beginning to outfit. More than anything I'm just looking forward to getting outdoors.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi, very new to both the OB community and overlanding in general. Love to get outside with my family. Camping, SUP, kayaking, cycling, hiking, etc etc. Previously we were in St. Louis Missouri, where it was hard to get many places, but now we are in the beautiful state of Michigan; Grand Rapids specifically. Looking forward to many years of traveling north and getting outdoors!

I inherited a 2005 Honda Pilot which I am beginning to outfit. More than anything I'm just looking forward to getting outdoors.
Hello AddHawkins and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Trailman4057

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Milton Freewater Oregon
Member #

Hi all member 4057 here. My name is James i'm from north east Oregon. I drive a not so stock 1st gen explorer. Ive always loved camping and all things outdoors. When I found overlanding I had just lost my father and to be quite honest myself. it gave me something to keep my mind off of things. I have three kids 10 6 and 3 all go with me anytime they can. My wife only when we camp at a campground lol we've put many miles on our rig mostly local trips within 200 mi radius. looking forward to visiting family in Bakersfield next year and hit up some places where i grew up. Hope to see you all on the trail!20170903_093143.jpg20170910_162846.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH

Hello AddHawkins from Southern California. Welcome to OB and the whole new world of overlanding. Spending time with the family is important...catch ya out on the trail someday brother!