Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

MrMartinD

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Exton, PA 19341
Member #

Hello MrMartinD from Southern California. Welcome to OB! Funny how people think they have zero overlanding experiance...you will come to realize you been at it for years just not as extensive until now. Post pics of your excursions...see ya out there someday brother!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Sounds good and looking forward to meeting others...though I'm not from Southern CA so it may be hard to find me there :)

Bugaboots

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all, Robert here. Want to start getting off the beaten path again now that I have kids. Would love to meet some like minded people in my area.

Rig: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/4.7 stroker & 3"lift
Mild experience from my younger years

EddieWM10

Rank 0

Traveler I

Yucaipa. Ca
Member #

Hello guys my name is eddie. I currently do not have a tacoma but i am currently looking foward to aquiring one. Love this thread because it make me love tacoma more. P.S. any tacomas i should get for a starter on a budget.

Mark Wittmeier

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bloomington, Mn
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Attachments

Reactions: French

Mark Wittmeier

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bloomington, Mn
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Reactions: Tyler McRae

ladybirdpb

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

prescott AZ
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Burr
Member #

hello! new here. looking to meet people and travel about!
I live in Northern AZ.
Working on building my 2nd gen taco. New(ish) to Overlanding. Went to the expo in Flagstaff, AZ and never looked back. Just got my badge and looking to explore and make new friends. Cheers! put up some pics so people can see what I am working with.

Attachments

Reactions: French and Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello my name is Shane from Nashville, TN. I am a novice to overlanding, but love to get on the trails. I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a few mods, with more to come real soon. This is where she started,View attachment 35119 Where she is now,View attachment 35120 , out on one of the trail rides, this is one of my favorite photos. View attachment 35121
Hi Shane and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!