Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hey! My name is Joseph, I'm in northeast Mississippi. I've built a trail rig or two but decided I wanted to be a poor college student again. Due to that change, I sold my 03 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon trail rig turned daily driver and got a killer deal on the new rig:
03 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4x4 V8, which is currently stock.
I've just finished the majority of getting the 4Runner base-lined and will start with mods as I can.
I love camping and just getting out and exploring, so I figured this was a good place to come for community!
Welcome Joseph from Southern California! Glad to have you here...catch ya out on the trails someday brother!

Procrastination is a grave in which opportunity is buried. - unknown

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

4HAMMER!

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
Member #

Well, I paid and got my membership account set up but the member map still says "this page is for members" Anyone have advice on how to see member stuff when youre a member?

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Well, I paid and got my membership account set up but the member map still says "this page is for members" Anyone have advice on how to see member stuff when youre a member?
I believe you either get an email that confirms your membership or there is a forum that you can request that Michael or one of the other staff to turn it on.

Procrastination is a grave in which opportunity is buried. - unknown

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

I registered a few days ago; got an email with an activation link a few days later and everything worked straight away after clicking on the link.

Hope this helps... welcome to the OB community [emoji3] happy trails!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: NightCrawler

Woodchuck

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Goldsby, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Cohn
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm looking forward to using this forum and getting involved with the group. It's been a while since I've been on much of anything of an overland trip, but I'm ready to get back off the road. I'm located outside of Austin in the hill country in a little town called Horseshoe Bay. I also travel back and forth to Oklahoma City every few weeks.

I am headed to Overland Expo East next wee and am hoping to meet some of you in person. I've never been to the East Expo and am really looking forward to seeing how it is similar to, and how it differs from the West Expo.

I've had my AEV Brute Double cab for a few years and am just now starting to get it more equipped for my needs so stay tuned for plenty of questions asking for advice.

Cheers,
Chuck

Reactions: SFC V

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm looking forward to using this forum and getting involved with the group. It's been a while since I've been on much of anything of an overland trip, but I'm ready to get back off the road. I'm located outside of Austin in the hill country in a little town called Horseshoe Bay. I also travel back and forth to Oklahoma City every few weeks.

I am headed to Overland Expo East next wee and am hoping to meet some of you in person. I've never been to the East Expo and am really looking forward to seeing how it is similar to, and how it differs from the West Expo.

I've had my AEV Brute Double cab for a few years and am just now starting to get it more equipped for my needs so stay tuned for plenty of questions asking for advice.

Cheers,
Chuck
Hello Chuck and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Woodchuck

Jennifer Langille

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New York, USA
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Langille
Member #

New member as of this morning, looking forward to meeting folks out there and learning as much as I can.

1) I don't take too many pictures of the Jeep, but attached a favorite moment with it, and two nieces *picture below * who I took on little bit of an adventure up Mount Mansfield, Vermont this summer. They loved testing out the Gobi Rack ladder. Had been explaining to them how I was "thinking" about a roof top tent... and of course they had to climb up and imagine what it would be like to sleep up there... I've since decided against the roof-top tent...
2) The "home-base" is Waterbury/Stowe, Vermont. However, I'll be on the road with the Jeep Dec'17 - Spring of 2018 (VT ->UT by way of East Coast tour to visit family along the way)
3) 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - which is pretty bare bones at the moment. My first big add has been the Gobi Rack. Next up in November my father has agreed to help me strip out the interior (back) to build out sleeping platform + storage. That's the tipping point to finally joining - looking forward to talking with others who have built-out their own set-ups.
4) NOVICE! Thanks to Mother Nature and living in VT, navigating sketchy stretches of "dirt/rock" is a way of life, however, very much a novice and want to be safe and a good steward in the process.

Thank you!
Instagram is @jennifer.langille

20729543_10159519393155157_2492893920229422955_n.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New member as of this morning, looking forward to meeting folks out there and learning as much as I can.

1) I don't take too many pictures of the Jeep, but attached a favorite moment with it, and two nieces *picture below * who I took on little bit of an adventure up Mount Mansfield, Vermont this summer. They loved testing out the Gobi Rack ladder. Had been explaining to them how I was "thinking" about a roof top tent... and of course they had to climb up and imagine what it would be like to sleep up there... I've since decided against the roof-top tent...
2) The "home-base" is Waterbury/Stowe, Vermont. However, I'll be on the road with the Jeep Dec'17 - Spring of 2018 (VT ->UT by way of East Coast tour to visit family along the way)
3) 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - which is pretty bare bones at the moment. My first big add has been the Gobi Rack. Next up in November my father has agreed to help me strip out the interior (back) to build out sleeping platform + storage. That's the tipping point to finally joining - looking forward to talking with others who have built-out their own set-ups.
4) NOVICE! Thanks to Mother Nature and living in VT, navigating sketchy stretches of "dirt/rock" is a way of life, however, very much a novice and want to be safe and a good steward in the process.

Thank you!
Instagram is @jennifer.langille

View attachment 35060
Hi Jennifer and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Vineyard

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi dudes! I'd heard of Overland Bound before I bought my rig, but didn't actually visit this site til two things happened: first, I noticed an emblem on Lucy, and OB member Chris Partida put one of his cards underneath my wiper with the URL to this site, and his member number.

So here I am! I'd love to get connected up with local guys and plan some adventures.

Regarding my past experience, well I've been in love with bite sized, 2-10 day offroad camping/shooting/surfing/climbing trips for several years now and never knew Overlanding is the general name for what I'd been doing. That being said, I certainly know that I don't know quite a lot, and look forward to learning from some OB vets.

Burbank, CA
94 4Runner 4x4

Not the best pix, yet, but here's some none the less

Lucy says hi

Lucy says good morning, and thanks for sleeping inside of me

Lucy is annoyed she has to tow things sometimes, but still poses for pictures with a smile

Lucy posing next to the first thing that always gets set up, Mr. Hammock

Lucy likes having pretty ladies sit on her tail

Serious pose while scouting

My main adventure buddy and I the day before the eclipse in Oregon

Dunno why people look down on selfie sticks. I love them

#hammocklife

#blm #shooting

#hashtag

Reactions: Valmore and SFC V

Vineyard

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi dudes! I'd heard of Overland Bound before I bought my rig, but didn't actually visit this site til two things happened: first, I noticed an emblem on Lucy, and OB member Chris Partida put one of his cards underneath my wiper with the URL to this site, and his member number.

So here I am! I'd love to get connected up with local guys and plan some adventures.

Regarding my past experience, well I've been in love with bite sized, 2-10 day offroad camping/shooting/surfing/climbing trips for several years now and never knew Overlanding is the general name for what I'd been doing. That being said, I certainly know that I don't know quite a lot, and look forward to learning from some OB vets.

Burbank, CA
94 4Runner 4x4

Lucy says hi

Lucy is annoyed she has to tow things sometimes, but still poses for pictures with a smile

#hammocklife

#blm #shooting

#hashtag
Not sure why some pix aren't loading, they loaded fine when first writing and when in edit mode. But I guess 4 is enough!

Reactions: SFC V

SFC V

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas, texas
Member #

Burbank, CA
94 4Runner 4x4

Lucy says hi

#hammocklife

#blm #shooting

#hashtag
Welcome. LOL...I just joined yesterday. Anyways, noticed you're at Fort Sill. You ever get out and hike in the Wichita Wildlife Refuge?
Welcome. LOL...I just joined yesterday. Anyways, noticed you're at Fort Sill. You ever get out and hike in the Wichita Wildlife Refuge?
Woodchuck,
I just went this pass weekend to recon the area, no hiking yet. I did run up mount Scott, not doing that again

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Burbank, CA
94 4Runner 4x4

Lucy says hi

#hammocklife

#blm #shooting

#hashtag
Hi Vineyard and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Morgan House

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

20170921_205316.png 20170921_205259.png Morgan House here from Fayetteville, Arkansas! I drive a 2011 4runner and I ride a 2007 Yamaha wr450 supermoto. My husband and I grew up exploring the outdoors. We are passionate about finding adventure! We also do metal fabrication and build our own accessories for our rigs. We are in a new transition in our lives where we are looking to really dive into this beautiful blue marble we live on. I can't wait to learn from all of you and get advice from your experiences!

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodchuck