Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Name: Tye
Rig: 2006 4Runner
Been involved with Boy Scouts for a number of years and now that my son is nearing completion of his Eagle Scout, I am looking for new avenues for the fam to get outdoors and enjoy "roughing" it...
Hi Tye and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Todota

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Scotts Valley, CA
Member #

Hello,
My name is Todd
I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains
My Rig is a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I do some trips with the FJ to go Fly Fishing like (Stanislaus forest area) or I take my Mini-Toy Hauler and go DirtBike Camping as much as I can. This is my third trailer project and not as off road as the other two but its got Solar power, full kitchen and a table and bed and the bikes fit.
If you see me somewhere, Say Hello.
IMG_0675.JPG
Hollister OHV and the Dog
DSC00455.jpg
This was in the Lassen National Forest a few years ago, I can tell by the mods.

Reactions: SUPERWHITETRD

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello,
My name is Todd
I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains
My Rig is a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I do some trips with the FJ to go Fly Fishing like (Stanislaus forest area) or I take my Mini-Toy Hauler and go DirtBike Camping as much as I can. This is my third trailer project and not as off road as the other two but its got Solar power, full kitchen and a table and bed and the bikes fit.
If you see me somewhere, Say Hello.
View attachment 34917
Hollister OHV and the Dog
View attachment 34918
This was in the Lassen National Forest a few years ago, I can tell by the mods.
Hi Todd and welcome to OB! Nice rig, trailer, and bike! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Nomadic Michael

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ouray, CO
Member #

New to the group #6381! I've been traveling overland for nearly 4 years, 3 of them full time. I started in a 100 Series Landcruiser with roof top tent. When I sold my home I bought a 40' Diesel Pusher and towed the LC. I have since had a custom build 2015 Sprinter 144" 2500 4x4 camper van which I travel in 10 months out of the year. I have also recently purchased some land near Ouray, CO where I will build a home in the future. While I have traveled extensively in US/CA, I plan to explore Mexico and travel around the globe over the next 10 years or so. I spend most of my time boon docking.

In addition to my profile picture, rig and travel pictures can be seen on Instagram @NomadicMichael.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New to the group #6381! I've been traveling overland for nearly 4 years, 3 of them full time. I started in a 100 Series Landcruiser with roof top tent. When I sold my home I bought a 40' Diesel Pusher and towed the LC. I have since had a custom build 2015 Sprinter 144" 2500 4x4 camper van which I travel in 10 months out of the year. I have also recently purchased some land near Ouray, CO where I will build a home in the future. While I have traveled extensively in US/CA, I plan to explore Mexico and travel around the globe over the next 10 years or so. I spend most of my time boon docking.

In addition to my profile picture, rig and travel pictures can be seen on Instagram @NomadicMichael.
Hi Michael and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Nomadic Michael

Jaun98

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Michigan
First Name
John
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

Hey all . Glad to be apart of this elite group.. My 2017 Jeep is a work in progress. Currently building a off-road camper. Looking forward to some new adventures and making some new friends. 20170706_185258.jpg

Avis

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Hello! My name is Daniel Avis from Chandler Arizona. I have a 2017 JKUR and also a 2012 Ram 1500... both rigs get used for trips as I can hook my home built trailer up to either one.

Reactions: Jaun98

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Welcome Andy! I think we all share that addiction here!
Hi everyone, my name is Andy, and I have an overland addiction... ;) Sorry, I couldn't help myself...but seriously, it's awesome to be apart of a group of like like minded people, who love the outdoors, and it's ability to get recharged, without being plugged in. My name is Andy, I'm from upstate NY, roughly an hour north of Albany. I have a bright red xj, that I've affectionately named lil red, that has been moded just enuff to make it over the speed bumps at the mall...lol. I'm actually new to the overlanding part off the offroad community, but have 10+ yrs of offroad fun under my belt...that being said, I'm not expert by any means...I just like to get out of dodge, and wheel and camp...now I want to explore... :)

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

WE
Hi everyone, Name is Mike, living in Newfoundland. I have a 2012 JKUR and a 2014 XMtrailer made to aussie off road specs. Came by It haphazardly, long story, and have been slowly getting back into camping locally here on the island for the last 2 years. I am also building a M101cdn trailer for more, should I say, difficult terrain, remote camping where I won't be able to get the xm trailer. It's a work on progress and haven't figured out exactly what I want to change it into, seems like this site has lots of ideas for me to incorporate. I've been mostly Adventure riding for the last 20 yrs on several adv bikes but lately have been shifting focus to overlanding, to get back to my 4x4 off roading roots in my 20's where my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed camping. Hope to see some of you on the road and if not, some good conversations with like minded folks. Happy trails!
Welcome Mike! Awesome Rig!

Reactions: JustMike

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Welco
Greetings overlanders. New member and new to overlanding here. A little about me:

Name: Thane
Rig: 2013 Jeep 2 dr - basic mods including 3" lift, 35" tires. Looking to the overland community for pointers on building this Jeep out properly. Next up - rear bumper / tire carrier and installing my Barricade roof rack.
Experience: Very little... driving 15+ hours on family road trips and casual rides on local dirt roads throughout my life.

Looking to get more involved and get more technical.
Welcome Thane! The best pointer I received was to take your rig out and use it and slowly discover what you need. This helps you avoid spending on stuff you don't need or won't use!! Happy Travels!!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Name: Tye
Rig: 2006 4Runner
Been involved with Boy Scouts for a number of years and now that my son is nearing completion of his Eagle Scout, I am looking for new avenues for the fam to get outdoors and enjoy "roughing" it...
Welcome Tye! You have come to the right place to discover new adventures!

Reactions: Batmango66

Traveler I

Hey! My name is Joseph, I'm in northeast Mississippi. I've built a trail rig or two but decided I wanted to be a poor college student again. Due to that change, I sold my 03 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon trail rig turned daily driver and got a killer deal on the new rig:
03 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4x4 V8, which is currently stock.
I've just finished the majority of getting the 4Runner base-lined and will start with mods as I can.
I love camping and just getting out and exploring, so I figured this was a good place to come for community!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey! My name is Joseph, I'm in northeast Mississippi. I've built a trail rig or two but decided I wanted to be a poor college student again. Due to that change, I sold my 03 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon trail rig turned daily driver and got a killer deal on the new rig:
03 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4x4 V8, which is currently stock.
I've just finished the majority of getting the 4Runner base-lined and will start with mods as I can.
I love camping and just getting out and exploring, so I figured this was a good place to come for community!
Hi Joseph and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

jaytongret

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vehicle: 2006 2wd Chevy trailblazer

A lot of work is going into my trailblazer it’s getting converted to 4wd from a donor truck, lift, tires the works. I have been in the outdoors my whole life, was big into backpacking but needed to add some creature comforts for my better half, and stumbled into overlanding and fell in love.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Vehicle: 2006 2wd Chevy trailblazer

A lot of work is going into my trailblazer it’s getting converted to 4wd from a donor truck, lift, tires the works. I have been in the outdoors my whole life, was big into backpacking but needed to add some creature comforts for my better half, and stumbled into overlanding and fell in love.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi Jaytongret and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!