Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys excited to be here.
Rig: 2014 Toyota 4runner SR5 Prem.
Overlanding Exp.: Plenty of overlanding in Iraq and Afghanistan, stateside was mainly in the mountains of Colorado in my old rig but none so far in the 4runner since its new to me.
Hi, Swoldier and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

wildweaselmi

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Davison, MI
First Name
Cowboy
Last Name
Denny
Service Branch
Air Force
Hey guys excited to be here.
Rig: 2014 Toyota 4runner SR5 Prem.
Overlanding Exp.: Plenty of overlanding in Iraq and Afghanistan, stateside was mainly in the mountains of Colorado in my old rig but none so far in the 4runner since its new to me.
Nice looking 4Runner! My wife also has a 14 4Runner but its Silver
18582044_10155518064704728_1654043521527776862_n.jpg
She also had a 2010 4Runner SR5 but its no longer with us
079E86F6-D999-41DA-BE30-D43D63B3190B.jpg DBE0C0E6-AF78-47D7-9F10-9DFBD7E8967A.jpg FE9596CC-A053-44B0-9CBF-ECCC93EA04C4.jpg
A guy in a late 90's chevy hit her head on but because these are built so well she walked away from it and she wouldn't settle for anything less (expensive). How do you blame her when with many of the newer vehicles you wonder if she would of been so lucky.

Thank You for your Service. I appreciate everyone who signed the dotted line to defend our country not knowing if that was a death sentence they just signed. Yea, I know.

Welcome and hope you enjoy.. sounds like u have way more experience than I do Overlanding but I'm here to learn. See u around.

Traveler I

Hey guys, new member here from Tennessee. I'm on my 2nd Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and absolutely love it. It's built and ready to roll. I've wheeled in Moab, Colorado, Minnesota and now Tennessee.

In the market for an RTT and looking forward to going back out west and exploring the great smokey mountains with my family. Will be using this forum to learn more about extended overland travel, vehicle prep and the gritty realities that arise when

Attachments

Reactions: jdillon

Traveler I

Hey guys, new member here from Tennessee. I'm on my 2nd Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and absolutely love it. It's built and ready to roll. I've wheeled in Moab, Colorado, Minnesota and now Tennessee.

In the market for an RTT and looking forward to going back out west and exploring the great smokey mountains with my family. Will be using this forum to learn more about extended overland travel, vehicle prep and the gritty realities that arise when
Pictures cut off my last sentence!

"That arise when planning such a trip".

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey, Geronimo and welcome to OB! Nice rigs and pics! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Northernlady

Stephen Walker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey guys, New member from the UK and also new to overlanding. Here to learn and share my experiences. I have a 2014 Ford Ranger , it's my first off road capable vehicle and I'm looking forward to getting out and about in it and doing a bit of overlanding. I have done plenty of camping and hiking trips in my time but never vehicle dependant trips. The picture below is my rig in the Cairngorms national park on a recent trip up to Scotland. This is known as the old military road, A truly breathtaking part of the world

IMG_8134.jpg
And a couple more of the RangerIMG_7942.jpgIMG_7946.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys, New member from the UK and also new to overlanding. Here to learn and share my experiences. I have a 2014 Ford Ranger , it's my first off road capable vehicle and I'm looking forward to getting out and about in it and doing a bit of overlanding. I have done plenty of camping and hiking trips in my time but never vehicle dependant trips. The picture below is my rig in the Cairngorms national park on a recent trip up to Scotland. This is known as the old military road, A truly breathtaking part of the world

View attachment 32875
And a couple more of the RangerView attachment 32876View attachment 32877
Hey, Stephen and welcome OB! Nice looking Ranger! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Northernlady

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Cort here, just signed up and soaking up some knowledge. I've had multiple Jeep, my last being a built LJ however my current build is a 2015 crew cab F150 that I'm doing as a "covert" overlander that I also use in my wilderness SAR and disaster response roles.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Cort here, just signed up and soaking up some knowledge. I've had multiple Jeep, my last being a built LJ however my current build is a 2015 crew cab F150 that I'm doing as a "covert" overlander that I also use in my wilderness SAR and disaster response roles.
Hey, Cort and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs man! Thank you for your service in disaster response. Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Cort

Roxxie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Palm Desert
Member #

New guy here, Picked up a 2017 Tundra 4x4 TRD Off Road. Traded in the 16' Taco for it. Located in Socal and have a ton of stuff planned for my build. I am a novice overlander but like running around the fire roads out here.
If you come this way- let me know! (Coachella Valley area) I would love to learn some places down in Temecula. Pass through there often enough.

Roxxie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Palm Desert
Member #

Hey Overlanders,

My name is Mike, Member #3030 (so fitting for Wyoming). I am 41 years old, a father of three boys, and husband to a great woman.

I have had a passion for the outdoors, camping, and cars for as long as I can remember. I have had a pickup in my driveway since I was 18. First truck was a Mazda B2200, then a Chevy 1500, after that was our beloved Avalanche Z71, then my prized (then wrecked) 1976 International Scout II, and currently my 2015 Ram 2500 Cummins. It is sitting on 35x11.50-18 Toyo MTs, has a softopper and Adarack on the bed, and a Fabfours Elite front bumper.

I was born and raised in San Diego, but we now call Wyoming home. The best decision we ever made! We own 10 acres just outside Thermopolis, Wyoming. Here we will continue to cultivate our passions by transforming our property into an all-natural paradise. We will be completely off-grid. Solar, wind, and rain will sustain us. We realize this will take many years, so in the mean time we intend to explore every dirt road in the state.

Here we are at Anchor Dam backed up to Owl Creek cooling off.

We travel during the winter months for work, so this allows us to explore various states. I look forward to meeting many of you during our travels. Currently, we are in Southern Michigan, until May.

I will attempt to document all of our adventures, long and short.

I also love reading of yours.

Its good to be here!
LOVE that pic! That is what I dream of doing overtime! <3

Patrik Dentsch

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ruggell
So i d'like to say hello from Europe

My Name is Patrik and i come from Principality of Liechtenstein, a quite small country between Switzerland and Austria.

1) Pictures
2) Location
Ruggell, Liechtenstein
3) The Roof Top Tent is a Beduin Classic 170 from Beduin Tents & more. The RTT is from 1999 (!) and the former owner has been with it to severel locations like Africa, Marocco, Jemen,.... so that tent saw a lot of.
The RTT is mounted with Thule SquareBars on the railing of my Volkswagen Passat Variant 2.8 4Motion
4) Overlanding Expirience
Until I got the RTT sometimes I used to sleep in the car, but I always had the problem with space ( I'm 198cm / 6.5f big), even the stationwagon had not enough space for me. I have no offroad experience.

Last edited:

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

View attachment 32875
And a couple more of the RangerView attachment 32876View attachment 32877
Welcome to the Crew Stephen!

Be great to see you out there and some images of your travels,
Hopefully see you at some of the shows coming up later in the year :)

Stephen Walker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Welcome to the Crew Stephen!

Be great to see you out there and some images of your travels,
Hopefully see you at some of the shows coming up later in the year :)
Thanks Kevigizmo. do you have any details of the shows that you mentioned? or point me to the right section on the forums? thanks again.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Thanks Kevigizmo. do you have any details of the shows that you mentioned? or point me to the right section on the forums? thanks again.
No probs :D

If you check out the European Forum this is where "local" things tend to get spoken about
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/europe.62/

I'm certainly attending the Adventure Overland Show at Stratford-Upon-Avon this year as I've missed it the last 2/3 years running so far lol!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

So i d'like to say hello from Europe

My Name is Patrik and i come from Principality of Liechtenstein, a quite small country between Switzerland and Austria.

1) Pictures
2) Location
Ruggell, Liechtenstein
3) The Roof Top Tent is a Beduin Classic 170 from Beduin Tents & more. The RTT is from 1999 (!) and the former owner has been with it to severel locations like Africa, Marocco, Jemen,.... so that tent saw a lot of.
The RTT is mounted with Thule SquareBars on the railing of my Volkswagen Passat Variant 2.8 4Motion
4) Overlanding Expirience
Until I got the RTT sometimes I used to sleep in the car, but I always had the problem with space ( I'm 198cm / 6.5f big), even the stationwagon had not enough space for me. I have no offroad experience.
Hello, Patrik and welcome to OB! Nice VW and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!