• HTML tutorial

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Michael/ Big Tuna Reporting in from Fort Mohave, AZ!
My rig is Pegasus, a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ 4.7L.
Experience: Pretty Darn Minimal. I've owned this Jeep for nearly 4 years, and only started building 'er seriously around 2 years ago!
I enjoy forums like this, with people from all around & every type of rig!
Pegasus ends up being a "guinea pig" for small experiments I end up doing, Such as testing out some recent-gen LED bulb replacements, or my "hodgepodge" audio setup. I'll start a build thread soon!
Here's a picture. It's a year old picture, but the best picture ever taken of my rig. She looks much different now.
Nice to see another WJ join our forums.

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Experience: Pretty Darn Minimal. I've owned this Jeep for nearly 4 years, and only started building 'er seriously around 2 years ago!
Pegasus ends up being a "guinea pig" for small experiments I end up doing, Such as testing out some recent-gen LED bulb replacements, or my "hodgepodge" audio setup. I'll start a build thread soon!
Here's a picture. It's a year old picture, but the best picture ever taken of my rig. She looks much different now.

Welcome to OB! Love the jeep.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the Group,

Rblain82

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pampa, Texas
Member #

Hey Y'all..

Rick Blain from Pampa, Texas (Upper Texas panhandle)
1992 FJ80, OME goodies, Lockers, 4.88's, Slee front bumper, 4x4 labs rear, sliders, ported and cammed 3FE
VERY minimal overland experience. In the process now of researching and gathering gear for the many trips to come. Being from the great state of Texas, I love guns, God and everything in between. But I'm not a closed minded redneck like you see in the media. I love all walks and mindsets. I love America and what it stands for. It's truly a land of freedom and that's why I want to get out and be free, even if it's a weekend at a time.

I don't have a nickname for my rig yet. I've only owned it for 2 months now. Here's a couple pics. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully making it out west to a meet at some point! Ordered my badges last night. :)

FJSnow-1.jpg MRRICA.JPG

Last edited:

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

dudeabides.jpg Welcome to the group! heck of a rig you have there. Its always good to see another Land Cruiser!

Hey Y'all..

1992 FJ80, OME goodies, Slee front bumper, 4x4 labs rear, sliders, ported and cammed 3FE
VERY minimal overland experience. In the process now of researching and gathering gear for the many trips to come. Being from the great state of Texas, I love guns, God and everything in between. But I'm not a closed minded redneck like you see in the media. I love all walks and mindsets. I love America and what it stands for. It's truly a land of freedom and that's why I want to get out and be free, even if it's a weekend at a time.

I don't have a nickname for my rig yet. I've only owned it for 2 months now. Here's a couple pics. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully making it out west to a meet at some point! Ordered my badges last night. :)

Last edited:

Rblain82

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pampa, Texas
Member #

Haha... I love that movie. One of the nicknames that I've actually tossed around for the rig was "Walter" He's my favorite.

Rubilocal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pollock Pines Ca
Member #

Hey guys,
I'm Spencer (or Sparky) from good ol' St. Paul.
2003 Jeep Liberty 3.7
I've got pretty minimal experience but I'm lucky enough to have Northstar96 show me the ropes.
I'm looking to build my rig and pick up some good info along the way.
Cheers!
Welcome aboard! Great to see another KJ that gets used.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey guys,
2003 Jeep Liberty 3.7
I've got pretty minimal experience but I'm lucky enough to have Northstar96 show me the ropes.
Cheers!
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your in good company with Northstar.

Reactions: NorthStar96

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Hey everyone, figure I should start here. I'm Chris from Santa Cruz. Came here to celebrate the overland lifestyle we all love.

Rig: 93' FZJ80. 3x locked w/175k. My dream truck. Owned it for 7 yrs now, kept it stock until last year. Then I built it up into the safari wagon it's always meant to be. 3" lift, duratracs, ARB front bumper, Engo 10k, HID spots, LEDs all over in and out, expo rack, Tepui, awning, fridge, White Knuckle sliders, skids, etc.

In my second year now overlanding, so still a little light on the experience but have always camped and explored the outdoors in other ways. Well prepared though. I need to get stuck more, have stuff break, probably just "Go for it" a bit more but we (me,wife,3yo) have only travelled solo so it's a little more risky. Still trying to balance the over-planning/under-planning for a trip and executing with those plans and not getting sidetracked or waste time. All part of the fun.image.jpg image.jpg

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey Y'all..

1992 FJ80, OME goodies, Lockers, 4.88's, Slee front bumper, 4x4 labs rear, sliders, ported and cammed 3FE

View attachment 1916 View attachment 1917
Welcome to the group,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey guys,
2003 Jeep Liberty 3.7
Cheers!
Welcome to the group,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey everyone, figure I should start here. I'm Chris from Santa Cruz. Came here to celebrate the overland lifestyle we all love.

Rig: 93' FZJ80. 3x locked w/175k. My dream truck. Owned it for 7 yrs now, kept it stock until last year. Then I built it up into the safari wagon it's always meant to be. 3" lift, duratracs, ARB front bumper, Engo 10k, HID spots, LEDs all over in and out, expo rack, Tepui, awning, fridge, White Knuckle sliders, skids, etc.

In my second year now overlanding, so still a little light on the experience but have always camped and explored the outdoors in other ways. Well prepared though. I need to get stuck more, have stuff break, probably just "Go for it" a bit more but we (me,wife,3yo) have only travelled solo so it's a little more risky. Still trying to balance the over-planning/under-planning for a trip and executing with those plans and not getting sidetracked or waste time. All part of the fun.View attachment 1923 View attachment 1924
Welcome to the Group,