Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I'm still exploring the site and trying to figure it all out, but I'll get some pics up ASAP. Do you guys usually use photobucket or something similar to post up pictures?
I have my own web site so I just hyperlink to them. Others upload them directly. I think there's a handy guide someone made up... ah here it is: Posting Pictures

Reactions: MrHentoni
B

BPD53

Hello. I am a new guy from WV. I was shown this site from a friend of mine who purchased Emblem number 778 for me. Anyway..

Proudly a West Virginia native
I own a 2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 V8
I consider myself a intermediate overlander/off roader

I have spent countless hours planning and building my truck. I had a lot of help from my friend (member 779). I have completed the following mods:

ARE brand topper with custom roof rack
35 gallon aux fuel cell with in cab gauge - plumbed into filler neck
Bullmaxx brush guard (galvanized then plasti dipped)
Custom front hitch (winch mount)
LED lights
Mayhem metal works steering rack brace
OX locked rear 8.6" AAM axle with electric shifter
ARB (RD148) locked front cast iron differential from a Hummer H3
ARB compressor
Group 31 Lifeline battery
Scangauge II with blend mount
Tekonsha P3 brake controller
Kenwood head unit with rear view camera
AVT tuned PCM - stabilitrak and traction control delete
On star delete and removal
265/70/R17 - Goodyear Authorities x 5 (matching spare wheel and tire)
Superskidz skid plates
Rock sliders
ARB 50 quart fridge
Misc interior/exterior mods...weathertech floor mats/rain guards etc...

I am sure I missed something, but that pretty much sums it up. I will post a couple pics during the daytime tomorrow. I am glad to be a member and look forward to meeting up to do some exploring.

Last edited by a moderator:

pace04

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello :) from the Foothills of California, US
-1997 40th anniversary edition fzj80 w/factory lockers, ARB front bumpers, Metaltech sliders, 4x4labs rear bumper, Prinsu roof rack, 35's, 3" lift, color match ext. lineX, ComeUp winch.
-Originally the soccer mom car in the household for family of 5. Now that we are become empty nesters, we have now outfitted it to be our Outlander rig. It's been Rubicon tested and getting it ready for another 5 day trip to the 'Con in the summer. (Adding Columbus rtt, new Marlin gears & solar panels).
-We've always been overlanding since the kids were little (taking month long trips across the US and thru out Canada). It's started from a 1991 26' Lazy Daze w/a FJ40 tow vehicle to a BigfFoot cab over camper on our Dodge Ram Diesel (still have). 10+ years later, we've downsized to our 40th80 traveling with our dogs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pics!

Gateway: 2007 FJC, Current Baby: 1996 Land Cruiser...Mods never end for either.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome to all the new members! @BPD53 Where in West Virginia? Did I pas your area today as I headed south on I-77?

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Sounds like a good time

85 Chevy g20 van [it is have orthopedic surgery] but running soon I hope.
99 mod less suburban

Hope to get out and after it soon. Been a while.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Welcome to OB. Get some pictures going!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

-1997 40th anniversary edition fzj80 w/factory lockers, ARB front bumpers, Metaltech sliders, 4x4labs rear bumper, Prinsu roof rack, 35's, 3" lift, color match ext. lineX, ComeUp winch.
-Originally the soccer mom car in the household for family of 5. Now that we are become empty nesters, we have now outfitted it to be our Outlander rig. It's been Rubicon tested and getting it ready for another 5 day trip to the 'Con in the summer. (Adding Columbus rtt, new Marlin gears & solar panels).
-We've always been overlanding since the kids were little (taking month long trips across the US and thru out Canada). It's started from a 1991 26' Lazy Daze w/a FJ40 tow vehicle to a BigfFoot cab over camper on our Dodge Ram Diesel (still have). 10+ years later, we've downsized to our 40th80 traveling with our dogs :)

Welcome to OB and shweeeeet rig man. You have the omega there.

Reactions: 40th80

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hey Gang! My Names Tanner and I'm a Colorado native living in Littleton currently. I drive a 2000 Limited 4Runner. Currently I have it set up almost to where I want it to be, but there are a few things to add still. Basics about my rig: 3" suspension lift in the front, 4.5" rear suspension, Total Chaos UCAs in the front, long travel rear link set, 2" body lift, 315/75/16 tires (for now), CBI front and rear bumpers, custom sliders, Shrockworks skid plate set (waiting patiently for delivery), TRD Supercharger, URD 2.1 underdrive pulley, 225,000 miles and still runs like a champ! As far as my experience goes, there's definitely room for growth. However, I've been wheeling my own rig since I could see over the dash (12-13 yrs old). As far as the Expedition style stuff, I definitely want to learn and do more. This current rig started out like the other, to be more of a trail toy/crawler, as I've grown with the rig, I learned what its truly capable of and want to spend more time with nature and away from the stresses of the city. I ended up getting a roof top tent this christmas and plan to do much more camping and long term exploration. I'll get pictures up as soon as I can. If you have any advise as to what else I should add for week long ventures into the deep unknown, feel free to let me know. I'm very open to critiques and advise. I'm only 23 and have plenty to learn still.
As @stringtwelve said, I would go under vehicle build threads and start your own thread. Just post your time line of that beast. Welcome to OB, oh and btw, nice 4Gunner.

B

BPD53

Welcome to all the new members! @BPD53 Where in West Virginia? Did I pas your area today as I headed south on I-77?
I am just outside the Village of Barboursville. If you were on I-77 you were approx 45 minutes east of me when you got to Charleston. If you are ever near and need something I know which end of the wrench to turn.

Reactions: Steve and ShawnR

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Mayhem metal works steering rack brace
Welcome to the site. Apparently the Colorados have the same steering rack bracket issues we deal with in the H3. Had not heard of Mayhem Metal Works unit. I'm running the very similar unit from Outfitter Designs.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
1) West Virginia (Huntington Area)
2) 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium with a few overland goodies
3) Intermediate Overlander... Been at it for a few years
Welcome to the group,

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Sounds like a good time

85 Chevy g20 van [it is have orthopedic surgery] but running soon I hope.
99 mod less suburban

Hope to get out and after it soon. Been a while.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Welcome top the group,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
-1997 40th anniversary edition 80 series Land Cruiser (fzj80) w/factory lockers, ARB front bumpers, Metaltech sliders, 4x4labs rear bumper, Prinsu roof rack, ARB awning, 35's km2, 3" lift, ComeUp winch, front/rear LED light bars, Engel fridge, removed flares, & color match exterior lineX roof, quarter panels. (Adding Columbus variant RTT, Marlin Crawler gears).
-Originally the soccer mom car for our family of 5. Now that we are becoming empty nesters, we have now outfitted it to be our Overland rig. It's been Rubicon tested and getting it ready for another 5 day trip to the 'Con in the summer.
-We've always been overlanding since the kids were little (taking month long trips across the US and thru out Canada). It's started from a 1991 class C 26' Lazy Daze w/our FJ40 tow vehicle to a BigfFoot cab over camper on our Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel (still have). 12+ years later, we've downsized to our 40th80 traveling with our dogs :)

Nice rig, welcome to the group,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey Gang! My Names Tanner and I'm a Colorado native living in Littleton currently. I drive a 2000 Limited 4Runner. Currently I have it set up almost to where I want it to be, but there are a few things to add still. Basics about my rig: 3" suspension lift in the front, 4.5" rear suspension, Total Chaos UCAs in the front, long travel rear link set, 2" body lift, 315/75/16 tires (for now), CBI front and rear bumpers, custom sliders, Shrockworks skid plate set (waiting patiently for delivery), TRD Supercharger, URD 2.1 underdrive pulley, 225,000 miles and still runs like a champ! As far as my experience goes, there's definitely room for growth. However, I've been wheeling my own rig since I could see over the dash (12-13 yrs old). As far as the Expedition style stuff, I definitely want to learn and do more. This current rig started out like the other, to be more of a trail toy/crawler, as I've grown with the rig, I learned what its truly capable of and want to spend more time with nature and away from the stresses of the city. I ended up getting a roof top tent this christmas and plan to do much more camping and long term exploration. I'll get pictures up as soon as I can. If you have any advise as to what else I should add for week long ventures into the deep unknown, feel free to let me know. I'm very open to critiques and advise. I'm only 23 and have plenty to learn still.
Welcome to the group,