Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

PNWSubie

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all from the PNW! I'm just a college kid with a currently stock Crosstrek, but I've got a few plans for it ;)
Been driving off road for awhile now, but just found the whole overland scene through Instagram actually. Stoked to get involved and hopefully meet up with some more folks here in Eastern Washington.
Can't wait to get more involved!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all from the PNW! I'm just a college kid with a currently stock Crosstrek, but I've got a few plans for it ;)
Been driving off road for awhile now, but just found the whole overland scene through Instagram actually. Stoked to get involved and hopefully meet up with some more folks here in Eastern Washington.
Can't wait to get more involved!
Hello PNWSubie - welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

RickB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Floyd County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Bonam
Member #

Hey Rick - thought you might be interested in this group, not far from you, and the get-together they have planned for Sat 07/29. They're actually starting their get-together in Caneyville KY, about 80 mi from Louisville. Bowling Green KY Area Meet & Greet

I may be up in Wisconsin then, but do go through Cincinnati > Louisville > Nashville area regularly, so would be happy to meet up with you and make a run down their way sometime. Alternatively, if you're ever up on the coast of Maine, give a holler and we'll go do something if I'm in state.
Hey Rick - thought you might be interested in this group, not far from you, and the get-together they have planned for Sat 07/29. They're actually starting their get-together in Caneyville KY, about 80 mi from Louisville. Bowling Green KY Area Meet & Greet

I may be up in Wisconsin then, but do go through Cincinnati > Louisville > Nashville area regularly, so would be happy to meet up with you and make a run down their way sometime. Alternatively, if you're ever up on the coast of Maine, give a holler and we'll go do something if I'm in state.
Hey! I only just noticed your message in the new members' area today. Looks like I missed the event on 7/29, but I appreciate you reaching out and letting me know about the group in Bowling Green. You're right that it's not that far for me (relative to some other places, anyway). I'd love to visit the northeast someday, though I don't think it's going to happen too soon. Heck, I'm still trying to pull things together to make it a good time at my local camping spots. Right now I think I've got a bigger sense of adventure than I have gear to make it happen!

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey! I only just noticed your message in the new members' area today. Looks like I missed the event on 7/29, but I appreciate you reaching out and letting me know about the group in Bowling Green. You're right that it's not that far for me (relative to some other places, anyway). I'd love to visit the northeast someday, though I don't think it's going to happen too soon. Heck, I'm still trying to pull things together to make it a good time at my local camping spots. Right now I think I've got a bigger sense of adventure than I have gear to make it happen!
@RickB - cool, I just left word on the Tennessee/Kentucky thread, too, about meeting and hitting back roads with anyone who wants. We can continue this convo privately or over there. I'll 'follow' you, and if you do the same, our posts in general should show up in each other's feeds. Happy to stop by in Louisville later this month if you want to grab a beer or coffee. Maybe at the Air Devil's Inn. Ha!

NCmachoTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Carolina
Member #

DSC_2846.JPG Hi Everyone!
I drive a 2008 Tacoma TRD Sport that has been built for what i just learned is called "overlanding" this community seems great and am looking forward to getting my emblem and meeting other overlanders. I'm in Eastern NC but planning a trip here soon out to Montana/Wyoming so I am looking for peoples advice and knowlege.

Thanks,
Will

Reactions: Kyle (SR5_Tacoma)

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Hello everyone!
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 2015 Toyota Highlander (wife), soon to be adding Toyota Tundra to the family as well for pulling the trailer.
Member# 6666
Overlander for many years, serious for about the last 4.
Located in the Central Valley of California - 45 minutes to Yosemite or Sequoia NP
We have driven across the country 3 times, and love the Desert Southwest, 4 corners region, and everything East and West, North and South! Wish I would have heard about this forum sooner!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 31465 Hi Everyone!
I drive a 2008 Tacoma TRD Sport that has been built for what i just learned is called "overlanding" this community seems great and am looking forward to getting my emblem and meeting other overlanders. I'm in Eastern NC but planning a trip here soon out to Montana/Wyoming so I am looking for peoples advice and knowlege.

Thanks,
Will
Hey, Will - welcome to OB! Your Tacoma is a nice looking rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: NCmachoTaco

Schmack

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Virginia
Member #

Howdy all!

My rig is a 2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad. The only mods so far are a Warrior Product bed rack with a Tepui RTT mounted to it. I've been watching a LOT of the Overland Bound videos on YouTube lately and wanted to become more involved and get more ideas.

14495439_10154608993713566_1633610950471133954_n.jpg

Cold6983

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Saint Marys, Camden County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
Villasana
Member #

Referred by another member, new to the PNW here...have a Jeep JKU, experience level depends on where I am at the moment (Newbie for PNW terrain, good to go anywhere in Guam).
AWTG member # and getting a feel for the forums/resources. Glad to be here.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Howdy all!

My rig is a 2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad. The only mods so far are a Warrior Product bed rack with a Tepui RTT mounted to it. I've been watching a LOT of the Overland Bound videos on YouTube lately and wanted to become more involved and get more ideas.

View attachment 31476
Hello, Schmack and welcome to OB! Nice rig and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone!
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 2015 Toyota Highlander (wife), soon to be adding Toyota Tundra to the family as well for pulling the trailer.
Member# 6666
Overlander for many years, serious for about the last 4.
Located in the Central Valley of California - 45 minutes to Yosemite or Sequoia NP
We have driven across the country 3 times, and love the Desert Southwest, 4 corners region, and everything East and West, North and South! Wish I would have heard about this forum sooner!
Hello, itsdchz and welcome to OB! Nice 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: itsdchz

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Referred by another member, new to the PNW here...have a Jeep JKU, experience level depends on where I am at the moment (Newbie for PNW terrain, good to go anywhere in Guam).
AWTG member # and getting a feel for the forums/resources. Glad to be here.
Hello Cold6983 and welcome to OB! Enjoy the great forum and resources here. Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

powerfulJMG

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone!

Im Josh, I'm from Corona CA, I drive a 2001 Jeep XJ.
I recently put a 3 inch lift and 31's on it, but haven't gotten to take it out since the lift.
I've done a few little off road trips, but nothing too crazy. I am really looking forward to going out more often since the lift. Hope to meet some of y'all soon!

Heres a pic pre-lift :)

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 9.43.21 PM.png

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Hello Everyone.

New here to the forum. Recently found out that there was a whole world and word to describe what I was doing. I currently live in Mongolia and this place is off the hook. I imported my GMC Sierra and having a blast exploring this place Look forward to share pictures with all of you.
Welcome!

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Hey everyone!

I recently put a 3 inch lift and 31's on it, but haven't gotten to take it out since the lift.
I've done a few little off road trips, but nothing too crazy. I am really looking forward to going out more often since the lift. Hope to meet some of y'all soon!

View attachment 31522
Hi Josh and Welcome to WAL

BestCoast

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey everyone,

My name is Dan and I drive a 2017 ram 2500 with a 6.7 cummins and a manual transmission. I'm from Santa Rosa, Ca. I'm a novice at overlanding and joined to get more experience. Thanks!

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone!

View attachment 31522
Hello, Josh and welcome to OB! Nice XJ! Safe travels man, and enjoy those open roads!