• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all
I've been following overland bound for about two years now and finally joined. It felt like it fit in my life and can't wait to get out there with the rest of you. Currently I'm driving a 2002 Durango with few mods, Mostly homemade.
See y'all on the road
-Matt
Hey, Matt - Glad you joined and welcome to OB! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Renick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg
Member #

Hello all
I'm new to this forum and reside in Winnipeg, Canada.
I'm a relative novice when it comes to 4WDriving though growing up in Australia we did a lot of overlanding when I was a kid. My favourite memories are the annual 4WD camping trips to Fraser Island.
I just traded in my 2010 Jeep JK Sport for a 2017 Rubicon and had it up on top of a sand pile in a local former sand quarry within 24 hours of bringing it home. It's going to stay pretty stock to start with however a front bumper upgrade and winch are in the works in the near future. I've done a few camping trips sleeping inside the old JK over the years and will continue that in the new ride however when that gets old I'll add a roof rack and rtt.
I'm looking forward to getting involved with the overlanding community and meeting members in the area. Ride safe!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all
I'm new to this forum and reside in Winnipeg, Canada.
I'm a relative novice when it comes to 4WDriving though growing up in Australia we did a lot of overlanding when I was a kid. My favourite memories are the annual 4WD camping trips to Fraser Island.
I just traded in my 2010 Jeep JK Sport for a 2017 Rubicon and had it up on top of a sand pile in a local former sand quarry within 24 hours of bringing it home. It's going to stay pretty stock to start with however a front bumper upgrade and winch are in the works in the near future. I've done a few camping trips sleeping inside the old JK over the years and will continue that in the new ride however when that gets old I'll add a roof rack and rtt.
I'm looking forward to getting involved with the overlanding community and meeting members in the area. Ride safe!
Hi, Renick and welcome to OB! Your new Rubicon sound like a nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

White5olx777

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lone jack missouri
Member #

Hey guys my name is Bryan from lone jack missouri. I'm big into backpacking and camping and hiking and all that and I found overlanding via Instagram. I was instantly hooked. I have a 2010 trail teams fj cruiser that I've had for maybe 7 months. Loved every second of owning it so far and have takin it to Arkansas numerous times. Look forward to posting my build and chatting with all you guys! Member number is 6561

Attachments

Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER

@FJMUDUSA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Diamond Springs, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Wellman
Member #

2.JPG
Hello from Elk Grove CA
Newish to overlanding I have a 2013 Fj Cruiser TTE Bilstein lift and just got 33's for it before that I was doing everything on the stock tires including Bald Mt. Moab and the rubicon (that was some kind a trip)
I love to get off the beaten path and enjoy nature - My wife sorta likes it but not the hard bumpy trails part (which I think is all of it :/ haha)
I look forward to meeting some new like minded folks and new adventures - Thanks for having me
20170802_160615.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick Deal

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Thornton, Colorado
Member #

Hello all! My name is Patrick my wife Leah and I live in the Denver Metro area. We are very new to overlanding so I would place us firmly in the novice category. We are experienced backpackers and have an absolute love for the outdoors. We have two dogs that go on all our adventures. We discovered overlanding by mostly accident when I purchased my 2015 Tacoma TRD Off road DCSB and started going places to mostly car camp. Overlanding took over after we started exploring more roads less traveled. I have since started the process of building our rig. I have all new suspension and armor is up next. We put a topper on and I built a custom platform to sleep on for now. RTT is a future upgrade. We are very excited to be part of this community. I can't wait to learn from all of you and get to know some great people!

Reactions: SinCityOverland

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys my name is Bryan from lone jack missouri. I'm big into backpacking and camping and hiking and all that and I found overlanding via Instagram. I was instantly hooked. I have a 2010 trail teams fj cruiser that I've had for maybe 7 months. Loved every second of owning it so far and have takin it to Arkansas numerous times. Look forward to posting my build and chatting with all you guys! Member number is 6561
Hi, Bryan and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: White5olx777

H3rcules

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston
First Name
William
Last Name
Santos
Member #

I'm Will, finished paying off my own truck the other day, excited for whats in store for my rig and I!

1) 06 Hummer H3
2) Houston
3) Novice

Reactions: SinCityOverland

jdxplor

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Prather, CA
Member #

Hello from the foothills of California. I've enjoyed backroad and off-road adventures since I was a college student in the 70's. Now that I'm nearing retirement, my plan is to make these adventures a full-time endeavor. Exploring and photographing at a leisurely pace will be a dream come true. My trusty 2005 4Runner has taken me far! I'm looking forward to reading about and learning from the many experiences and adventures of Overland Bound members.

MishapMaggie

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
Member #

HI friends!
I'm Rhonda from Sherwood Park, Alberta. I run a 2010 Jeep 2door wrangler Rubicon. I'm pretty new to the overland adventures but after taking a three week trip though the Yukon and Alaska I am hooked! I went out with two Toyota's and loved every second. Recently I have been enjoying what the Rockies provide and cannot wait to explore more. I truly believe in keeping the trails the way I found them, it's so important to me. There's so much that every generation should be able to explore.
I'm also a parts manager so I love outfitting and helping others build their own vehicles as a career. I couldn't be luckier!

Here's Mishap Maggie out in the Cadomin area last weekend.

Hope to see you all on the trails!

Reactions: Winterpeg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

HI friends!
I'm Rhonda from Sherwood Park, Alberta. I run a 2010 Jeep 2door wrangler Rubicon. I'm pretty new to the overland adventures but after taking a three week trip though the Yukon and Alaska I am hooked! I went out with two Toyota's and loved every second. Recently I have been enjoying what the Rockies provide and cannot wait to explore more. I truly believe in keeping the trails the way I found them, it's so important to me. There's so much that every generation should be able to explore.
I'm also a parts manager so I love outfitting and helping others build their own vehicles as a career. I couldn't be luckier!

Here's Mishap Maggie out in the Cadomin area last weekend.

Hope to see you all on the trails!
Hi Rhonda and welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: MishapMaggie

WindyCity_MDX

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Hey everyone. Wifey and I are located in Chicago and we've got my daily driven Acura MDX Advance. It's not a 'typical' overland vehicle but she helps haul lots of stuff and more importantly, is reliable during Chicago winters.

Overlanding experience: Level 0 - n00b. I used to camp a lot when I was a kid and many years later, I'm trying to get back into it.

Hoping to have a weekend camping trip this winter.

IMG_9894.JPG

Reactions: Schmack

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone. Wifey and I are located in Chicago and we've got my daily driven Acura MDX Advance. It's not a 'typical' overland vehicle but she helps haul lots of stuff and more importantly, is reliable during Chicago winters.

Overlanding experience: Level 0 - n00b. I used to camp a lot when I was a kid and many years later, I'm trying to get back into it.

Hoping to have a weekend camping trip this winter.

View attachment 31423
Hi, Shamone and welcome to OB! Nice rig - that MDX will get you out to explore! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 31384
Hello from Elk Grove CA
Newish to overlanding I have a 2013 Fj Cruiser TTE Bilstein lift and just got 33's for it before that I was doing everything on the stock tires including Bald Mt. Moab and the rubicon (that was some kind a trip)
I love to get off the beaten path and enjoy nature - My wife sorta likes it but not the hard bumpy trails part (which I think is all of it :/ haha)
I look forward to meeting some new like minded folks and new adventures - Thanks for having me
View attachment 31385
Hello, ov3rl4nd3r and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all! My name is Patrick my wife Leah and I live in the Denver Metro area. We are very new to overlanding so I would place us firmly in the novice category. We are experienced backpackers and have an absolute love for the outdoors. We have two dogs that go on all our adventures. We discovered overlanding by mostly accident when I purchased my 2015 Tacoma TRD Off road DCSB and started going places to mostly car camp. Overlanding took over after we started exploring more roads less traveled. I have since started the process of building our rig. I have all new suspension and armor is up next. We put a topper on and I built a custom platform to sleep on for now. RTT is a future upgrade. We are very excited to be part of this community. I can't wait to learn from all of you and get to know some great people!
Welcome to OB, Patrick! Nice rig - lots of Tacoma's here! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from the foothills of California. I've enjoyed backroad and off-road adventures since I was a college student in the 70's. Now that I'm nearing retirement, my plan is to make these adventures a full-time endeavor. Exploring and photographing at a leisurely pace will be a dream come true. My trusty 2005 4Runner has taken me far! I'm looking forward to reading about and learning from the many experiences and adventures of Overland Bound members.
Hi, jsdplor and welcome to OB! Nice 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Pitts02

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Signal hill, CA
Member #

Welcome I have a 2000 durango sitting in my driveway. Was thinking about fixing it and making it an overland rig but its going to go so I can buy more jeep parts. Great suvs always wondered why I dont see many used for offroad.

Sent from my SM-G920P using OB Talk mobile app
I think it's the lack of available aftermarket upgrades. But I like mine anyhow. Can't fault you for selling, you can't have enough Jeep parts :)