• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys!

Found the site through the YouTube channel.

Currently driving a 2014 F250 FX4
Located around Houston, TX
Experience is pretty novice. I do a lot of beach driving down here and get up to our family cabin around Clayton Oklahoma a few times a year to explore and relax.
View attachment 31201
Hey, Edghill and welcome to OB! Nice F250! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Neight

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

El Cajon, CA
Member #

Hello all,

Im new to the overlanding scene. Watch all of the Youtube videos. I love camping and am getting back into it after graduating college. The wife wanted a mom mobile for our 3 month old son, I wanted an off-road vehicle. So we compromised.

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding? Eagle Scout who loves the outdoors. I want to travel to many National Forests to explore, camp, and make memories with my family.

A/T tires are coming soon. The nerf bars have been removed. I also plan on making a custom rear hitch cargo carrier. Glad to be apart of this community.

David, Catherine, and William

lol.... these mommy vans are comfortable but also capable.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

readyme

Rank 0

Traveler I

PNW
I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD offroad. It is new, and I am brand new to overlanding.
I am located outside of Seattle in the Great PNW.

I actually found this group through Fieldcraft Survival podcast...and I am excited to learn.
I am a longtime backpacker, so I am looking forward to transitioning to overlanding.

Reactions: HankinWI

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD offroad. It is new, and I am brand new to overlanding.
I am located outside of Seattle in the Great PNW.

I actually found this group through Fieldcraft Survival podcast...and I am excited to learn.
I am a longtime backpacker, so I am looking forward to transitioning to overlanding.
Hi Readyme and welcome to OB! The Tacoma TRD is perfect for overlanding. Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Andador

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Garcia
Service Branch
US Army
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello from Florida. I drive a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2012. I have traveled to Colorado and New England on various campimg and overland trips. Must admit I mostly hike and camp in the deep woods. Love the mountains!

Reactions: joeysav

Johno144

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey All,
I'm in the Woodland Hills, CA area near Los Angeles. I'm pretty experienced, but I'm in between rigs right now.
I grew up camping and off roading all over California using a YJ and TJ wranglers. I've been high centered on rocks, stuck in a rivers, snow, mud and sand but I always make it back to base camp for dinner. I do own a modified 1957 Ford P400 outfitted to be a offroad mobile home base for water, electricity and storage. What! you'd never heard of a P400? Well, Since I can't figure out how to upload photos that are not a URL you'll have to wait and guess. Even Google images struggle with this one. Anyways, I sold my TJ when I started a family as trips became hard to manage with babies and we needed a larger car (which ended up being a Subaru Outback). At the time of this writing my boys are 2 and 4 and are almost ready to have a real adventure where you don't have to pay $30+ for the night. I prefer wranglers for the convertible tops when you arrive and explore. The downside of this is of course where do you put all your stuff. I generally pack it in, explore, pack it out. But in the last 10 years or so these off road trailers have come up and become an interesting option. Anyway, saving up for a JLU Wrangler, guessing sometime late 2018 or early 19'. Until then the Outback is pretty good for lite duty stuff. I'll probably be a member then when I can actually join rallys.
All the best, John

DMill556

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dawsonville, Ga
Member #

IMG_0885.jpg IMG_1237.JPG Hi All, My name is Derek I live in North Georgia. I drive a 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2 door with a home modified diy military trailer that carries all of our gear for camping. I have been trail riding and off roading around the Ga,Tn areas for a few years now with the jeep. Im a newbie with the camping and navigating, I'm looking forward to meeting people in my area and finding some great out of the way camping locations and trails.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 31236 View attachment 31235 Hi All, My name is Derek I live in North Georgia. I drive a 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2 door with a home modified diy military trailer that carries all of our gear for camping. I have been trail riding and off roading around the Ga,Tn areas for a few years now with the jeep. Im a newbie with the camping and navigating, I'm looking forward to meeting people in my area and finding some great out of the way camping locations and trails.
Hey, Derek and welcome to OB! Nice rig and trailer man! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!