Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Hey all, I'm excited to becoming part of this community.
I live in Southern NJ.
I'm a novice to overlanding. Virgin by civilian specs but have 17yrs with the Marine Corps and life was an overland adventure much of the time.
I currently own and plan to use my Ford F150 FX4 for my first year, as I build my skills and find out what kind of adventures I want before deciding on a dedicated overland vehicle (looking at a Jeep Rubicon or Toyota Hilux- in case I decide to go all in and travel other continents).
I'm looking forward to making some new friends and getting an education.
Semper Fi
Welcome to OB,
Thank You for your service. My husband and I were both in the Army (you guys have better uniforms:smiley:) I am new here to but this is a very outgoing, helpful and friendly community. They help with any questions and have so much great advice for getting you ready to go out on the trails. So Welcome to the community.

Reactions: Knapps Over

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

So I just sent payment today and decided to jump in head first in the forum. Was i suposed to wait to recieve the OB emblem and have the official "MEMBER" stamp below my name before introductary?
Welcome Kyle,
I did the same thing and got my emblem yesterday. They come fast.
Welcome to OB they are all really Great people with tons of knowledge that they are willing to share.

Reactions: Kyle (SR5_Tacoma)

RAngone

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chicago | Western Suburbs
Member #

Hello all,
My wife and two sons (8 & 10 yo) and dog are seasoned "Car Campers" and we upgraded to a 2017 4Runner TRD Off Road about a month ago to enable us to go to more remote areas across the U.S. and carry more stuff. We like hiking, camping and small watercraft exploration, which we now plan to do more often since we have a hitch on the 4Runner! We're in Chicago's western suburbs and have camped all over the midwest and in Yellowstone. So much more to explore and we are planning a trip to Colorado towards the end of the year. As far as experience at off roading we are novice level. Fire roads and the trail to a family cabin are as technical as we've got in this new rig. Do Chicago's potholes count?

Thanks for having us.
BobIMG_2942.JPG

mikecangey56

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

south florida
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
My names mike from west palm beach fl, have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler rubicon 3.5 inch lift on 35s with some other goodies. Have some overlanding experience in the Ocala national forest

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

OpTempo1

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Livermore, California
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

I'm Matt from Livermore, CA. I've been car camping a long time and have more recently been getting into the overlanding life. I have a 2014 Dodge Promaster Outside Van with a full conversion for me and the family. In the past year we've taken it to 5 states and spent about 30 nights in it. I'm looking forward to meeting more overlanders and traveling to new places! IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0018.JPG

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

I'm Matt from Livermore, CA. I've been car camping a long time and have more recently been getting into the overlanding life. I have a 2014 Dodge Promaster Outside Van with a full conversion for me and the family. In the past year we've taken it to 5 states and spent about 30 nights in it. I'm looking forward to meeting more overlanders and traveling to new places! View attachment 31072 View attachment 31073
Welcome!

Reactions: OpTempo1

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

We love to explore and off road here in the Arizona desert just south of Tucson.

I have an 05 Ford Ranger edge single cab and have been at it for years. Santa Rita mountains are where we spend most our time camping and exploring.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all,
My wife and two sons (8 & 10 yo) and dog are seasoned "Car Campers" and we upgraded to a 2017 4Runner TRD Off Road about a month ago to enable us to go to more remote areas across the U.S. and carry more stuff. We like hiking, camping and small watercraft exploration, which we now plan to do more often since we have a hitch on the 4Runner! We're in Chicago's western suburbs and have camped all over the midwest and in Yellowstone. So much more to explore and we are planning a trip to Colorado towards the end of the year. As far as experience at off roading we are novice level. Fire roads and the trail to a family cabin are as technical as we've got in this new rig. Do Chicago's potholes count?

Thanks for having us.
BobView attachment 31041
Hello, Bob and welcome to OB! Nice looking TRD! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: RAngone

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

I'm Matt from Livermore, CA. I've been car camping a long time and have more recently been getting into the overlanding life. I have a 2014 Dodge Promaster Outside Van with a full conversion for me and the family. In the past year we've taken it to 5 states and spent about 30 nights in it. I'm looking forward to meeting more overlanders and traveling to new places! View attachment 31072 View attachment 31073
Hello, Matt and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: OpTempo1