Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Matt K

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi everyone. Excited to have found this community of explorers.
I live in Massachusetts and enjoy exploring New England and beyond.
Own a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited and have spent the past year building it for offroad advetures.
Experienced traveling and exploring offroad via ATVs but have not ventured into the wild with the Wrangler yet... but thats why I'm here.
Looking forward to becoming an active member in this community.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone. Excited to have found this community of explorers.
I live in Massachusetts and enjoy exploring New England and beyond.
Own a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited and have spent the past year building it for offroad advetures.
Experienced traveling and exploring offroad via ATVs but have not ventured into the wild with the Wrangler yet... but thats why I'm here.
Looking forward to becoming an active member in this community.
Hey, Matt and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Matt K

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Hello all,
My wife and two sons (8 & 10 yo) and dog are seasoned "Car Campers" and we upgraded to a 2017 4Runner TRD Off Road about a month ago to enable us to go to more remote areas across the U.S. and carry more stuff. We like hiking, camping and small watercraft exploration, which we now plan to do more often since we have a hitch on the 4Runner! We're in Chicago's western suburbs and have camped all over the midwest and in Yellowstone. So much more to explore and we are planning a trip to Colorado towards the end of the year. As far as experience at off roading we are novice level. Fire roads and the trail to a family cabin are as technical as we've got in this new rig. Do Chicago's potholes count?

Thanks for having us.
BobView attachment 31041
Welcome Bob,.... Love the Rig and the plate.
Hell yes the pot holes in Chicago count, maybe double. A company I used to work for had a plant up there and I used to think how lucky I was to be in a rent car and not my own because of the canyons they call pot holes.

PilotPete

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Puyallup, WA USA
Member #

IMG_20170511_191824_604.jpg New here, live just south of Seattle Washington. Met a group of Overlanders on their outing to Gallagher head Lake over the weekend. Awesome group of people had a great time hanging out with them! Me and another buddy joined up as soon as we got service today! Hope to go on our first outing soon.

Peter

Reactions: DanR

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Thank you very much

That was an Awesome link, I really like that there videos because they have captions so I can see what they are saying! I didn't even think about needing longer shocks or extenders. Thank you very much for your help.
I have been reading in other posts and communities abot the windshields and how often they are damaged haha I was just hoping mine would last longer than a month. That and I just put my Deaf JeepHer sticker on it but heu, life happens but now I understand why our insurance doesn't cover Jeep windshields.
Discovered it wasn't just my windshield but also my headlights too!

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

View attachment 31159 New here, live just south of Seattle Washington. Met a group of Overlanders on their outing to Gallagher head Lake over the weekend. Awesome group of people had a great time hanging out with them! Me and another buddy joined up as soon as we got service today! Hope to go on our first outing soon.

Peter
Hello from Colorado
Welcome to OB and Happy Trails.

5byland

Rank 0

Traveler I

Current Vehicle: 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Previous Vehicle: 2015,2014, and two 1992 Jeep Wranglers :)
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: As a kid, my parents would take us on epic multi-week long road trips all over the US in an RV or van, not any off-road, but always an adventure. My wife and I have loved road tripping with our kids all over the US and Europe, but we are looking for a bit more off-grid experience for the family. I've always owned Jeeps and love purpose building them, really looking forward to outfitting my latest for overlanding.

IMG_9359.JPG

HankinWI

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Crosse, La Crosse County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Hank
Last Name
Brinlee
Member #

Why Overlanding?: As a kid, my parents would take us on epic multi-week long road trips all over the US in an RV or van, not any off-road, but always an adventure. My wife and I have loved road tripping with our kids all over the US and Europe, but we are looking for a bit more off-grid experience for the family. I've always owned Jeeps and love purpose building them, really looking forward to outfitting my latest for overlanding.

View attachment 31176
Welcome Mark!

Davidt443

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hammond, LA
Member #

Hello all,

Im new to the overlanding scene. Watch all of the Youtube videos. I love camping and am getting back into it after graduating college. The wife wanted a mom mobile for our 3 month old son, I wanted an off-road vehicle. So we compromised.

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding? Eagle Scout who loves the outdoors. I want to travel to many National Forests to explore, camp, and make memories with my family.

A/T tires are coming soon. The nerf bars have been removed. I also plan on making a custom rear hitch cargo carrier. Glad to be apart of this community.

David, Catherine, and William

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 31159 New here, live just south of Seattle Washington. Met a group of Overlanders on their outing to Gallagher head Lake over the weekend. Awesome group of people had a great time hanging out with them! Me and another buddy joined up as soon as we got service today! Hope to go on our first outing soon.

Peter
Hey, Peter and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: kg6zjl

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 31176
Hey, Mark and welcome to OB! Nice LJ! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all,

Im new to the overlanding scene. Watch all of the Youtube videos. I love camping and am getting back into it after graduating college. The wife wanted a mom mobile for our 3 month old son, I wanted an off-road vehicle. So we compromised.

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4
Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding? Eagle Scout who loves the outdoors. I want to travel to many National Forests to explore, camp, and make memories with my family.

A/T tires are coming soon. The nerf bars have been removed. I also plan on making a custom rear hitch cargo carrier. Glad to be apart of this community.

David, Catherine, and William

Hey, David and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Edghill

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
Hey guys!

Found the site through the YouTube channel.

Currently driving a 2014 F250 FX4
Located around Houston, TX
Experience is pretty novice. I do a lot of beach driving down here and get up to our family cabin around Clayton Oklahoma a few times a year to explore and relax.
C3485357-8476-46BB-BEDC-F770876BB709.jpeg

Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER