Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Let'sGetDirtyOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
Member #

This is a beautiful rig! Do you have a youtube channel set up already? I'd love to follow along. I'm down in Tucson, feel free to hit me up if your adventure takes you near here. Come say "Hi" in the Arizona Overlanders thread!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the OB family!
Howdy Brien...thank you for the compliment. As for a Youtube channel, I'm glad you asked...I've just recently begun to learn about vlogging and video editing, producing, and directing, all of which would be much easier if my primary actor wasn't so distracted all of the time ;) Below you will find two link's, the first being to my vlog where I open my OB membership package, and the second link is to the channel home page where the other handful of vlog's are posted. It's a work in progress with most of what you see now serving as 'practice' so I can hit the ground running once the Disco arrives and we hit the trails...my goal is to make each vlog just a little better than than the previous one. I'm always open to suggestions as to how to make the channel the best it can be.

Also, a big thank you for pointing me towards the Arizona Overlanders...I'll be hanging out over there, I'm sure. As for Tuscon...I may be heading down that direction in the not too distant future for a quick day-(or two) trip - i'll holler at ya when I know for sure.

"My Overland Bound Membership is Official - Vlog #4 " -

YouTube Channel "Let's Get Dirty" -
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChNU_mvGkGBOL6X121TNKsw/featured

Erklism

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Mateo
Member #

new to the site, not to the scene...heard great things about the group and figured it's time to join!

cheers from Colorado! we have a 2006 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and 2007 FJ Cruiser Special Edition in our fleet of off-road rigs...

both the Tacoma and the FJC have seen some time featured in TCT Magazine over the years, http://tctmagazine.net . Currently I work as a senior editor with the magazine and the FJ Cruiser was the original vehicle that started FJC Magazine!

been a great journey that we've been through so far with these trucks in our lives and always look forward to every new adventure!

more on the Tacoma, https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/nyco-build-thread.157700/

more on the FJ, http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/397889-nycos-07-special-edition-re-build.html

more adventure pics, https://www.flickr.com/photos/101673349@N04/albums

just recently redid the Tacoma with aluminum armor and a new bed rack wrapped in canvas

looking forward to meeting some of you out on the trails!
Need info on the canvas wrapped bed rack! So cool. Great builds.

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

NYCO

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Colorado
Member #

Need info on the canvas wrapped bed rack! So cool. Great builds.
thanks.. been wanting this concept done for a few years now ever since I got the first bed rack from addicted off-road. when I did my recent overhaul with InSain Fabrication, they made me a custom height rack to match my previous height and the design made the canvas project a little easier with the boxier design and an easy surface to mount buttons on. we dropped off the truck to a local canvas guy in Denver, Paul's Custom Canvas, to get the canvas built and installed.

so glad to finally see that project come to life...our gear will appreciate it greatly :grinning:

IA_Pro1691

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Columbia, Missouri
Member #

Hello All!

I'm Ryan from Central Missouri. I currently have a 2013 Ford F-150 FX4. I would say I'm new to overlanding. Just a few local trips under my belt so far. I first heard about and got interested in the overlanding lifestyle after watching The Long Way Round and The Long Way Down series with Ewan McGreggor and his duel sport motorcycle adventures. I then found my way to Expedition Overland and became hooked. Anyway, here to learn and connect with this huge community! Safe travels everyone.

NV Badlands

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carson Valley, Nevada
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hutchings
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K9DEM
Service Branch
Air Force
Guess I've been slacking, new member to the Forums and #5848. Been camping for years and after taking a few years off, coming back. Used to do most of my camping on foot or motorcycle, so 4wd is relatively new for me. Doing everything for now in a 2015 Jeep KL, at least until Jeep re-releases the truck.
Based in Carson Valley (the Nevada side of Tahoe).

Puma3

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I am a newbie to 4 wheel overlanding from Jackson MS - been a BMW GS rider for a while and love the back country. This will open new roads for me. Just bought a 1996 Toyota 4wd 4 Runner from my son. The one I gave him in 2000... Some dad's may understand that transaction. Basic face lift will be this summer, tires, bumpers, racks and lift. Look forward to learning form you folks!

Triston Foster

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arlington, VA, USA
First Name
Triston
Last Name
Foster
Member #

Hey everyone!
I'm Triston Foster from Colorado Springs! I'm very new to overlanding and just beginning my adventures. I've always been into the outdoor and 4wheeling and recently discovered overlanding. My rig is a stock (for now) 1994 4Runner called Ol Beast. In the next few weeks I'm going to put a 2" lift in the rear. I'm also a college student on a budget, but I'm always open to comments and advice!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
I'm just a guy that drives around a lot and have learned to share my wanderings. Back Roads are my thing due to location. Last year we (my lovely bride of 26 years) spent 85 nights outdoors. This year to date is 77. The month of May was spent on the road throughout 4 states, no paid rooms.
Stop and say Hi if you see us.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I am a newbie to 4 wheel overlanding from Jackson MS - been a BMW GS rider for a while and love the back country. This will open new roads for me. Just bought a 1996 Toyota 4wd 4 Runner from my son. The one I gave him in 2000... Some dad's may understand that transaction. Basic face lift will be this summer, tires, bumpers, racks and lift. Look forward to learning form you folks!
Welcome. I too have spent a lot of time exploring on motorcycles and I get the dad thing :)

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

I'm just a guy that drives around a lot and have learned to share my wanderings. Back Roads are my thing due to location. Last year we (my lovely bride of 26 years) spent 85 nights outdoors. This year to date is 77. The month of May was spent on the road throughout 4 states, no paid rooms.
Stop and say Hi if you see us.
Sounds like an awesome life!! That's the goal me and the wife (of almost 19 years) are going for.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

bassfishindoc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Middle TN
Member #

Hey everyone, my names David.

1. Pic below.
2. Located in Middle TN.
3. I had a 2014 Toyota Tacoma that was unfortunately totaled in April. Rather than get another new vehicle (and the fact that I bought my wife a new Toyota Sequoia) I purchased a bone stock 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. It's runs like a champ and I have big plans for it.
4. Experienced ameture. I have done lots of camping and trekking out of various vehicles but have never built a dedicated "overland" rig.

Attachments

JLangsdorf

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Hi, I'm Tim
  • Have been researching about overlanding for a while. Just found and purchased a 2012 Tacoma
  • Novice in vehicle based getting lost
  • Carson Valley, NV
  • Interested in learning about routes and places to go in my area. Just starting to outfit my truck.

Attachments

437honda

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone. My name is Justin and I am located in Byron California. My rig is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler jku currently with a 4" lift on 35's. I would consider my overlanding skills a little above novice. I have done the mojave road 3 times so far in my jeep, me and some buddies do it as a yearly trip. I joined this site because I am looking to broaden my knowledge of overlanding as well as finding many more trips to take.

Attachments

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Hello, everyone. New to the forum but not to over landing. Rock crawled a lot in a JK, but it was destroyed by a drunk driver so now building a new JKU over lander. Currently in an LR4 that has been great. Look forward to meeting people and future adventures

Last edited: