• HTML tutorial

cammyman1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Florida
Member #

Hey From South Florida,

I guess I've overland without knowing while in the Marine Corps. Outside of that it's a very new and interesting concept to me.

I have a 2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium. So far I've added rock sliders by AllPro, Rigid SAE dually lights as fogs, and TRD Pro wheels and tires.

Next mods will be a roof rack, 2" lift, and winch with either a hidden winch mount or low profile winch bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4RT16

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Jacksonville, FL
Member #

Hello from JAX FL,

Vehicle: 2016 4Runner trail edition Magnetic Grey (Fully stock at the moment, not sure which upgrade would be the most bang for buck)
Overlanding Novice

From the moment my wife and I purchased our 4Runner (March 2015) we have looked for ways to utilize it like the tool that it is. We absolutely love it and will run it until the wheels fall off, or the engine dies, and even then I may just give her a heart transplant. Our curiosity for overloading began on a Friday night black hole of Youtube, which brought us to the Expedition Overland series. We now want to jump into this lifestyle as quickly as possible. Joining this community was a no brainer. We look forward to learning from anyone and everyone that is willing to offer information. We are definitely ready to meet some like minded people in our new area who may know of some great weekend trips. corolla3.jpg 0419161156a.jpg More photos to come.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

IMG_2527.JPG IMG_2586.JPG Hey there, Brandon here from Temecula, CA.

Novice to the OL community, but VERY ready to dive in tires first! Currently driving a 2002 Sierra 1500, but my wife and I have plans on upgrading...hopefully sooner than later!! Haven't seen much in the way of a Overland Sierra, so figured I'd begin building ours up!! She sits stock now with no major modifications done, but a nice lift and suspension setup are in our near future!!
Looking forward to meeting everyone in the community, and soon enough meeting on the dirt! Or water...or snow....hahahaha!!

Thelgord

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Harlem, GA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lyons
Member #

New member from Harlem, GA
Well, that is were is I currently live anyway. The Army makes me a move a lot, like once a year for the last four. I have gotten very good at packing! I am also one of probably 3 people to actually have a GRMS radio license hehehe!

My rig is a 2013 Toyota Tacoma
This picture was taken while stationed in Colorad0. It is one of my favorite pictures of my truck.

I have since added a LEER cap to it.

After following the YouTube channel for so long, I figured I may as well join the conversation.

Luc

Rank 0

Traveler I

CT/VT
So after much deliberation, I decided to move on from my 80. She was a great truck but needed a little more love than I could give her. I found a sweet deal on an 07 FJ Cruiser with only 45k on the clock, and pulled the trigger. I'd like to introduce you all to BB, the blue baller.

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
New member here and to the overland community. Los Angeles/Orange County California area. I'm running a 2008 JKU that I just purchased about 2months ago. Working on it slowly but it will get there. Have my coms installed, made sure the engine is all buttoned up, and just purchased some recovery gear. Hope to meet up with some folks soon and get some adventuring on.

extjerry

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fresno, Ca
Member #

What's up guys my name is Jerry and I'm from Fresno Ca, about a month ago I picked up a 17 Tacoma trd off-road and planned to just lift it and try to fix it up for some rock crawling and offroading, until I stumbled upon overlanding and fell in love, I'm 100% begginer and not to familiar with what the best products to go with and what set ups, that's where I was hoping you guys would give me some advice I wanna go all in and just want to make sure I put the best quality gear on the truck, thank you guys for the help and sorry if i bug with questions ill be sure to check past threads first lolFB_IMG_1497925100257.jpg

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Hey All!
New here to overlanding. So far my rig is stock. But I have a Gobi rack on order and a RRT .

Rig: 2017 Jeep Unlimited Willies Wheeler
I have a bit of experience in general off roading, and a lot of experience in camping and hiking. So it's about time I put the two together.

Attachments

chshrkt

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Burbank, San Jose, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Rig: 2007 Mazda 5 (Not a classic 'Overland' rig, but it suits us for now)
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice. Other than having driven a 4 door '66 Dodge Dart places that it probably shouldn't have been able to go when I was but a wee lad, my only 'off-road' experience is driving an International S-Cab 4WD Fire Engine on fire roads that were too narrow and *toward* exploding pine trees. :)

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
Hey All!
New here to overlanding. So far my rig is stock. But I have a Gobi rack on order and a RRT .

Rig: 2017 Jeep Unlimited Willies Wheeler
I have a bit of experience in general off roading, and a lot of experience in camping and hiking. So it's about time I put the two together.
You are not to far from me. I'm just starting out myself. Lets plan a meetup sometime.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Lots of us new guys last few days! Great to see the movement expanding so rapidly!! Currently in the process of closing a deal on 2000 Range Rover HSE sport....new OL rig?! Probably.

Be cool to meetup with some of u SoCal cats and start planning some trails together!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
Lots of us new guys last few days! Great to see the movement expanding so rapidly!! Currently in the process of closing a deal on 2000 Range Rover HSE sport....new OL rig?! Probably.

Be cool to meetup with some of u SoCal cats and start planning some trails together!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
What part of SoCal are you from?

Grammin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Toronto
Hi There,

I am living in Toronto, Ontario and have been for the last 19 years or so. I am originally from Edinburgh, Scotland.

I am getting into the overlanding scene and starting my own YouTube channel which I am not going to plug on here!

I currently have a light off-road Subaru Outback and I built a light camping trailer from a knackered utility trailer I found at Lowes.

Here is a pic of my current set up.

Suby and Trailer-01088.jpg

And the car with the new wheels.

Suby with BFGs.jpg
Watch this space for something though....

Great to be here.

Cheers,

Graham