Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
Hello everybody! Been a member of the Overland Bound community for a while, just now introducing myself.

I'm located in Garden Grove, CA.
I drive a 2012 Nissan Titan Pro4x. And I'm relatively new to overlanding, but I've been camping/offroading since I was a little squirt.

I've checked out the community and I am in love with all the rigs! Would love to start building around my titan, little by little.
You are not to far from me. I live in Whittier, I'm just starting out myself. Lets plan a meetup sometime.

Michael Houston

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

St. Marys, WV
Member #

Hello everyone. I'm Kyle.
Vehicle: 2010 4Runner Trail Edition
Experience: Novice. (My truck could probably handle more then I have the courage to try. ) lol
I look forward to learning a lot and meeting some of you in person and on the trail.

Here is my work in progress:
View attachment 27014
Nice rig. I would love to have a trail edition. Yours looks very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

Nice rig. I would love to have a trail edition. Yours looks very nice.

Thanks Michael!
It's been coming along nicely. Glad to be on this forum. Really like what I've read so far. Looking forward to some meet ups and events so I don't feel alone in my "obsession". Lol

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Thanks Michael!
It's been coming along nicely. Glad to be on this forum. Really like what I've read so far. Looking forward to some meet ups and events so I don't feel alone in my "obsession". Lol
Hahaha obsession is the correct word....wake up thinking "need roof rack and bumpers..." and "time to scrounge up a recovery kit" and " I wonder if the local survival shop carries emergency/trauma kits and fire extinguishers"... lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TOOLFAN

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Santa Clarita, CA
Member #

Hello everyone !! I'm Matt
My Location: Santa Clarita, CA
My Vehicle: 2016 4Runner Trail Edition - Magnetic Grey
My Experience: Total Novice. Picked my 4Runner about a year ago and have been spending a ton of money (in my head) on how I'd like to outfit it. I've done a bunch of car camping but, that's about it. Looking to adventure out a little more with a more capable vehicle.
My Interests: Camping | Photography | TOOL | Bourbon
Between this site and the T4R site....I have a LOT of reading to do.
Glad to be part of the group !

pikappk10

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Snellville, GA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn4gsx
Hello everyone, I'm Nick
My Location: Atlanta GA
My Vehicle : Resto-mod 83 Chevy K10 - Evoke Grey Metallic
My Experience: Novice. I stumbled upon overlanding once the purpose of my resto-mod took a new turn. I had spent 2 years bringing my dad's old Chevy back from the dead , giving it a new power-plant and face lift, when I found overland bound. I grew up hiking, camping, fishing, and trail riding , so overlanding seems like a logical progression. At this point the truck is a 3 year work in progress, but after it's first trip appears to be very capable.

Notedhillbilly

Rank III

Advocate II

Hello everyone, I'm Nick
My Location: Atlanta GA
My Vehicle : Resto-mod 83 Chevy K10 - Evoke Grey Metallic
My Experience: Novice. I stumbled upon overlanding once the purpose of my resto-mod took a new turn. I had spent 2 years bringing my dad's old Chevy back from the dead , giving it a new power-plant and face lift, when I found overland bound. I grew up hiking, camping, fishing, and trail riding , so overlanding seems like a logical progression. At this point the truck is a 3 year work in progress, but after it's first trip appears to be very capable.
We need pictures!!!! Welcome!

Turbo Diesel YJ

Michael Houston

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

St. Marys, WV
Member #

Hahaha obsession is the correct word....wake up thinking "need roof rack and bumpers..." and "time to scrounge up a recovery kit" and " I wonder if the local survival shop carries emergency/trauma kits and fire extinguishers"... lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Me too. And then reality hits when I look at my bank account. Hahaha. One step at a time.
I know I can't outfit my 4Runner like some of you. But that's not what really matters to me. Just having something that can get me out in the woods and bring me back is what I want.

Michael Houston

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

St. Marys, WV
Member #

Well, it's more about the driver than the rig in most cases.
Absolutely. I've learned a lot just by going out in my Teryx4. Now that it's sold I'm looking forward to lifting my 4Runner and definitely putting an auto locker in the rear diff.

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

Me too. And then reality hits when I look at my bank account. Hahaha. One step at a time.
I know I can't outfit my 4Runner like some of you. But that's not what really matters to me. Just having something that can get me out in the woods and bring me back is what I want.

Well, it's more about the driver than the rig in most cases. No worries, it just needs to get you there and more importantly back, safely.

83 Beast

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Hello everyone.

Lets see... PICS.... none on this computer. :( Not really any good one of my rig to speak of. I'll explain more later on.

Location: Southern Arizona. And man is a tad bit worm out this time of year (it cooled off to 108* today)

Rig: Now this is the part that might make some of you very jealous...... It is a 1983 Jeep J-10 Pickup, short bed. Originally (and still) equipped with a 258ci strait 6, T-5 trans, NP208 x-case, Dana 44 front and AMC 20 rear (solid axle shafts). She is actually sick at the moment and need some transplants. I'll talk more about that later.

Overlanding Experience: Sad to say, very little. So many fun places to go locally, I haven't made it very far. But plans for that to change are quite high on my list.

A little about 83 Beast... I'm in my 30's. Married. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic. Served 4 years in the Marine Corps. Yea.... I think that's good enough for right now.

Oh yea, and I don't have a number yet, I just ordered it today. :)

83 Beast

pikappk10

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Snellville, GA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn4gsx
Hello everyone.

Lets see... PICS.... none on this computer. :( Not really any good one of my rig to speak of. I'll explain more later on.

Location: Southern Arizona. And man is a tad bit worm out this time of year (it cooled off to 108* today)

Rig: Now this is the part that might make some of you very jealous...... It is a 1983 Jeep J-10 Pickup, short bed. Originally (and still) equipped with a 258ci strait 6, T-5 trans, NP208 x-case, Dana 44 front and AMC 20 rear (solid axle shafts). She is actually sick at the moment and need some transplants. I'll talk more about that later.

Overlanding Experience: Sad to say, very little. So many fun places to go locally, I haven't made it very far. But plans for that to change are quite high on my list.

A little about 83 Beast... I'm in my 30's. Married. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic. Served 4 years in the Marine Corps. Yea.... I think that's good enough for right now.

Oh yea, and I don't have a number yet, I just ordered it today. :)

83 Beast
Thank you for your service!! I like those old Jeep trucks.Please post a few pics when you get a chance.