Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

IMG_3645.JPG IMG_3633.JPG
Yes to Cheeseman. My wife and I hiked that canyon from just north of Deckers through the gill trail and up canyon over the damn and then back on the ridge side. Beautiful until we go on the highside where it quickly started to look as if we had entered Mordor. 8 years or more after the fire and we could smell the burn as if it was weeks earlier. Such a shame. Fly fishing there is a treat to be sure, Some dang smart trout in that river. lol
yes I have went in there also with my son in law and we hiked in to Y kids camp/Wigwam club . hiked and fly fished from there to Schoonover gulch then hiked up the face back to the trail and hiked out, that was tuff on this old man he's in the army there at FT Carson so it was a breeze for him, caught a few fish there but yes they are tuff trout there!!

Elite Overland Crew

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Whitewright, TX
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Stibbens
Member #

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hey everyone!

My name is Justin "NTXRubicon"
Currently in Prosper, TX
2015 Jeep JK Rubicon
AEV Dual Sport 4.5" lift
Mamba M14 wheels
35" Mickey Thomson Deegan 38 MT's
Smittybilt Atlas rear Bumper
Smittybilt XRC Mod front bumper with winch

It's a start!
This is my second jeep to build I had a 2009 Rubi that was built for over landing as well
Learned a few things with that one now I have this 2015 that I will continue to build over the next year

Here is a picture of both

Glad to be here!

Last edited:

Fireeball69

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I'm a newbie here. My name is Scott. I'm really looking forward to getting into this.
Rig: 2008, Toyota fj 2wd with locker
Experience: novice
I've done the bilstien 5100 to level it out and put 285 70 r17 Toyo open country at 2. Wanted to go a little more but garage clearance stopped that. LOL

Attachments

Litox

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Puebla, Mexico
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Quiros
Member #

Hello everybody. This is my first post. I joined the forum couple of weeks ago and have been reading and learning a lot from all of you. A little about myself. My name is Miguel, just turned 45 years old from Puebla, Mexico and I am planning my first big overland trip from Mexico to Alaska next year.

Although I am fairly new to overlanding I have some experience in off road vehicles. I have been involved in 4X4s since I was 15 years old and there has been always a Jeep or 4x4 in the family. The rig I am currently in the process of building is a 2013 Ford F-150 Raptor. I know that there are probably better options out there but I just paid off this truck and economically for me it was just better to equip this one than to get another truck or car.

At my local shop we build and installed a custom overland bed and roof rack. I am still waiting on the roof top tent and bed cover to arrive to finish the install process of all the equipment. I am basically trying to build a dependable truck to get me from my hometown to Alaska and back trying to do mostly dirt roads. Haven´t decided on my final route but I will definitely do Baja on the way up and down and parts of the Continental Divide Trail. Mohab is also a fixed destination.

Will post more details on the truck on a separate thread.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

M

Attachments

Last edited:

SUPERWHITETRD

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sylmar
Member #

I'm a newbie here. My name is Scott. I'm really looking forward to getting into this.
Rig: 2008, Toyota fj 2wd with locker
Experience: novice
I've done the bilstien 5100 to level it out and put 285 70 r17 Toyo open country at 2. Wanted to go a little more but garage clearance stopped that. LOL
Nice to see you on here Scott, looking forward to some exploring

ob_explore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, LA 70507 US
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Hi another newbie here... I love the sense of community with most overlanders. I'm here in South Louisiana and have been trying to find local places and trails. Saw many overlanding videos that inspired me to turn my H2 into an "overlandrig". Recently stopped wading and dove in a little deeper and bought a rooftop tent and lots of other camping gear. I Love it so far. Already building an base camp adventure trailer with the tent having a permanent home. Again, love the community and all the different setups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jmorrow27

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Missouri
Member #

IMG_1792.JPG

Hi everyone
Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner trial.
Experience: Novice. Only little trails. Nothing technical.
Can't wait to start modifying the 4Runner and getting out to on adventures and meeting new people.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Hey Everybody!
Location: Offgrid cabin in the mountains of North Central Idaho
Rigs: 2008 JK (pic before swing away and cans were added) and just added a '13 Rubicon 4 door two weeks ago that will become the primary Overlanding rig.

Experience: Extensive offroading and backpacking experience, but building an offgrid homestead from raw timberland is a bit like Overlanding every day.
The 2dr is a true workhorse that keeps the road open several miles past where the County plows in Winter and rarely sees pavement, only the trails between the cabin and Montana.

I did have to laugh that it snowed the day after I got the Rubicon, a whopping 2" on April 26th. But we got over 100" of snow this year and I needed a means to transport my elderly Mother to Dr's appointments and our monthly grocery resupply, so another bigger rig that was locked, stocked and skidded was imperative, the 2dr didn't work for her.

Attachments

Freedom Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waddell,AZ
Member #

They are Wavian can holders that we modified and attached directly to the rack. Bolted through the rack. Holds up very well. I can send more pictures if you would like.

Reactions: britz

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Pics would be awesome! I'd need about 8 rotopax to get the job done, so I'm a jerry/scepter can gal. Appreciate it!

Nick Lake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello all
Rig: 2005 Nissan Frontier LE KC 4x4
Experience : Competent

I started to Overlanding as a way to blend my passions. I like the go fast and my dad and little brother went the rock crawling route. With overlanding we can accommodate each others off road passions and enjoy the family time as well.

Attachments

Zel

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Beaver, Utah
Member #

Hello Everyone
Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ Rubicon
Experience : Moderate

I travel fulltime in an RV towing the Jeep. Summer and Fall I park the RV and use the Jeep and a 1959 Army trailer to explore and travel. I'm happy to be here and look forward to meeting you.

JB Sepulveda

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello
Rig: 2004 Lexus LX470
Experience: Very Little w/ a lot of enthusiasm

Working with the guys at Cruiser Outfitters to get the LX470 ready for Overlanding. Lots of questions to come.

Attachments

Reactions: 9Mike2