Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

ColoradoRick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Central Coast CA
Member #

I have been up there and still go about 4-5 times a yr to see my kids and go fly fishing in 11 mile reservoir, deckers area, love it up in that area
It is beautiful, and areas on the dream stream have amazed me with fish in place you could miss if you turned your head in the drive past. Been blown out a few times at the res., I have seen people in paddle boats end up across the other side as the wind was to strong to row against.

Reactions: sully3

Patebbc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boise, Id
Member #

Hi there!

Our names are Tony and Courtney and we are currently living in the SouthEast. I've been an explorer most of my adult life and just love getting outside and finding cool places to visit or adventures to have. I never really put a name to my vehicle fun but Overlanding sounds like it fits pretty well.

Our main vehicles right now are a 2011 Ford Raptor, 2016 Trail Premium 4 runner, and a 2017 Tacoma. The 4Runner and Tacoma are still stock for now, but who knows how long that will last. I'm not a big vehicle guy and have had many adventures with rental cars in my travels that I would not attempt in something I own. I learned long ago that skill will overcome mods most of the time. I like the challenge of finding cool places and seeing cool things, without the hangups of vehicle competition.
Thats a sick looking rig.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

sully3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

It is beautiful, and areas on the dream stream have amazed me with fish in place you could miss if you turned your head in the drive past. Been blown out a few times at the res., I have seen people in paddle boats end up across the other side as the wind was to strong to row against.
yes the Dream stream is great place and the wind does blow, and Cheeseman canyon is a good place also, dang I'm ready to go back now its spring time I'm getting cabin fever!!!!!!!

Evening all.
Name: Thomas
Rig: Well......Currently a 2005 Kia Picanto (I know, I know but hold up)...... Currently looking for the right Land Rover Discovery to buy (hopefully have one bought in the next month) To take me from simply car camping to all out overlanding.
Experience: Public life - Novice, Military life - well versed (spent 6 years in British Army so got out there a little lol)

looking forward to meeting new folks and seeing amazing places.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Hello, Charles #5126 here.
Using a 2014 Cherokee KL Latitude for my overlander. From FL currently residing in Upstate, NY. Retired service member of 23 years. Survived in numerous locations with and without vehicles.
Currently waiting on a few items for my jeep; gobi rack system (for my 23Zero RTT), Wilco hitchgate solo, and my winch/winch bumper for the front, and a portable water pump system.
Vehicle is lifted with 245/70R17 Duratracs on top of Dobinsons springs/struts & shocks, Rock sliders, hi lift jack, full skid plates underneath, 10k lb tow hooks in the front, Arkpak 730 with solar package and Northstar AGM 31, 1000w puresin inverter, Uniden 520XLpro cd radio, 23Zero litchfield RTT, solar lights, coleman thermo cooler (til i can afford an ARB 37/50 qt) and 2 3.5 gallon fuelpax. Think thats it for now.
Once I remove my spare, my plan is to gut the entire spare tire compartment out and build a storage area to hold recovery gear, coleman stove, cooking utensils, pot/pans, water bladder, and so forth.
Hey Charles! Your rig looks really mean and capable!! Glad you made it!! I left a note on your profile too!!

Reactions: syck

AdvOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Clarksville, TN
Member #

Hello, all!
I'm new to the site. Not new to overlanding. Just enough knowledge and experience to get myself in trouble.

I have a 2001 TJ, and a 2009 HD Ultra Classic that I like to travel on/in. Hope to add an ADV bike to the stable soon.

I'm in the Nashville area in TN.

I look forward to seeing you all!
-Casey

Subhuman

Rank I

Contributor III

Indiana
First Name
Pieter
Last Name
Heinzerling
What's up Rig- 2008 Toyota Tacoma I'm live in the ft. Wayne In. area. I'm new to the overland scene, just trying to travel with the family and enjoy the experience

actium31

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Murrieta Ca
Member #

Hey there fellas,

Brand new to the site. Lifelong camper and tons of time spent in the Mojave, outside Barstow. Looking forward to getting to know everyone, learning some new skills and exploring. My family and I have been traveling through and exploring the desert in our vehicles for years, but no real overlanding experience. I love this site and all the information collected here. I do my adventuring in a 2016 Tundra 4x4 and other than some Billstein 5100's up front and bigger tires, she's all stock. I'll be putting my new emblem on her sometime this week!

- Jack

Firemech76

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver Metro Area
Member #

Hello everyone,
Mike here , new to the site. I just completed my badge registration, just have not received my number yet. From Denver CO (metro area) spent my whole life hiking and camping and would like to now get more into 4 wheeling and over landing. I have a 1993 Land Cruiser 80 series that I have just started to modify. Looking forward to meeting new people and all the info the site has to offer.

Mike

Reactions: 9Mike2

ColoradoRick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Central Coast CA
Member #

yes the Dream stream is great place and the wind does blow, and Cheeseman canyon is a good place also, dang I'm ready to go back now its spring time I'm getting cabin fever!!!!!!!
Yes to Cheeseman. My wife and I hiked that canyon from just north of Deckers through the gill trail and up canyon over the damn and then back on the ridge side. Beautiful until we go on the highside where it quickly started to look as if we had entered Mordor. 8 years or more after the fire and we could smell the burn as if it was weeks earlier. Such a shame. Fly fishing there is a treat to be sure, Some dang smart trout in that river. lol

Reactions: sully3 and 9Mike2

OB SD

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Beaumont, CA
First Name
John
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm running a stock, for now, 2001 F-250 Super Duty 4x4 7.3L Diesel. Yes, I understand this is a HUGE rig. I'm a decently experienced camper/hiker; novice over-lander. I'm looking forward to testing my skills & learning new ones. I'm a new dad & want to pass-on my love for the great outdoors. I hope to go on as many adventures with my little family as possible in my Overland Bound Super Duty (OBSD).

Be safe & see you on the trails.

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

View attachment 22956

Hi everyone!! New member here from Owasso, OK (near Tulsa). Glad to be here!! That's my rig a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited named "Swampcat". My overlanding experience is in the novice realm. I've done plenty of road trips, and plenty of camping trips, but never really combined the two, haha. Looking forward to my first trip... maybe the Oklahoma Adventure Trail...
welcome from oz

Reactions: SwampcatJeep

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

View attachment 23009
Hello fellow adventure seekers,

My name is Shawn, currently Clarksville, TN is home. I say I'm a intermediate when it comes to overland travels. I've tackled Moab a few times and have drove from FL to Coldfoot, AK, twice which was amazing.
Rig: 2008 Hummer H3; Locked front and rear; fully belly skids; front and rear bumpers with winch

I'll post a picture once I figure out how to...LOL

Got it!!!
welcome from oz